Week 1 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles @ Washington Redskins

MikeT14

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

We had Kaepernick already in RG3 and it doesn't be work in Jays timing offense. Plus Kaep is terrible. Just lose and get a top 5 pick and a new staff. Start over the correct way. Do what the raiders did. 

Agreed, we shouldn't change Qbs. If Kirk is good or bad, we need to role with him. If he's good, hopefully that means we are a playoff contender. If he stays bad it means a top 10 pick and we can take one of the top Qbs in the draft and start over at the position.

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

These kinds of things happen repeatedly Turtle. If its not Scherff, its Moses. If its not Reed, its someone else. This falls on coaching.

And dont blame the CBA. The CBA didnt prevent the Pats from coming to play last year. It doesnt keep other teams from coming to play. Just ours (and other bad teams), apparently. Its an excuse. And a bad one.

Is it coaching or guy's just not executing?

You're going to blame a dropped TD pass by Pryor and a hold on Reed on the same play on coaching? Come on man, that's ridiculous.

You're going to blame Scherff getting beat on an awesome swim move by an all-pro DT on poor coaching?

The fumble by Crowder on the punt return? Coaching? Seriously?

The first Cousins fumble was on Cousins, not the coaches. He needs to protect the ball better.

DJ Swearinger getting out of position a few times in the first half and giving up a long TD pass where he missed the tackle was on the coaches? 

All the missed sacks was on the coaches?  

Cousins air mailing a pass in the redzone because he didn't step into the pass and deliver a better ball to Crowder was on the coaches?

We have the guys to get the job done, they just have to execute. 4 turnovers is not on the coaches, that's on the players not executing and the last Cousins fumble was a forward pass. We got hosed on that one.

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yup. And Djax

They were on the team last year? And we struggled starting the season and ending the season with our passing game. We have the guys to be better. 

We have to get Reed, Crowder and Thompson more involved and I think they will get more involved in the coming weeks. We get those 3 going more and we'll win. We need to get more quick outs, quick slants, option routes, shallow crosses, screens to running backs & WRs. We need more quick hitting plays.

I felt we tried to push the ball down the field too much, especially early on and we didn't develop a rhythm until the second quarter when we got the TD pass to Thompson. Then, in the second half we went away from that quick hitting stuff again, tried to throw more downfield and it just isn't our strength. We need to do more quick stuff to all of our weapons.

Oh, and we need to play Josh Doctson! I read that Gruden didn't play him because he trusts Ryan Grant more because Grant has had so many reps, but to not give Doctson and snaps - maybe I missed it but I didn't see any - is a major mistake. We need Doctson to be a part of our passing game also.

For those commenting on the running game, it's not Callahan's fault it's Jay's. Jay doesn't want to stick to a power or a zone game, he wants to be able to use both and that's now how a running game works. You need to drill into one style and have that be your bread and butter.

2 minutes ago, Brian23 said:

For those commenting on the running game, it's not Callahan's fault it's Jay's. Jay doesn't want to stick to a power or a zone game, he wants to be able to use both and that's now how a running game works. You need to drill into one style and have that be your bread and butter.

I agree we need to chose one, but I still go back to the first 2 games of 2015 and we went well over 100 yards in both games and that was in this dual power/zone scheme. 

I personally wish we would make Thompson the starter and run strictly a zone scheme. Perine also came from a zone system in Oklahoma. Then, we can run some bootlegs and misdirection off that. 

Look, I just want to be good. I don't even care about being great anymore or even winning Super Bowls because under Snyder that dream simply isn't realistic. He's never going to know what it takes to build a winner because he refuses to accept his way won't work. He wants to be a trailblazer, pioneer-type owner that did it his way and won but his way sucks and he doesn't realize it. 

So yes, I will settle for just good now. 9-7 to 10-6 is not that much to ask for from one of the leagues most valuable franchises that has every resource known to man to be competitive. Instead we get treated to Spurrier, Cerrato, Zorn, Years of Haslett and now Bruce Allen. This is flat out embarrassing anymore. Just hire a damn decent GM, let him build the team from top to bottom and get the hell out of the way. Dans ego has ruined this franchise. 

13 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Look, I just want to be good. I don't even care about being great anymore or even winning Super Bowls because under Snyder that dream simply isn't realistic. He's never going to know what it takes to build a winner because he refuses to accept his way won't work. He wants to be a trailblazer, pioneer-type owner that did it his way and won but his way sucks and he doesn't realize it. 

So yes, I will settle for just good now. 9-7 to 10-6 is not that much to ask for from one of the leagues most valuable franchises that has every resource known to man to be competitive. Instead we get treated to Spurrier, Cerrato, Zorn, Years of Haslett and now Bruce Allen. This is flat out embarrassing anymore. Just hire a damn decent GM, let him build the team from top to bottom and get the hell out of the way. Dans ego has ruined this franchise. 

Not to start an argument, but I'll just point out that Haslett coached the best defense we've had this decade in 2011. We had talent to work with that year on every level, it's too bad it all fell apart the next season because Atogwe, Bowen, Carriker, Landry, Orakpo, and Wilson all got hurt in 2012 and we were never the same on D. 

We were either 12th or 13th and we also had a great pass rush with Orakpo getting 9, Kerrigan getting 7.5, Bowen getting 6, Carriker getting 5 and Cofield had 3. 

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Not to start an argument, but I'll just point out that Haslett coached the best defense we've had this decade in 2011. We had talent to work with that year on every level, it's too bad it all fell apart the next season because Atogwe, Bowen, Carriker, Landry, Orakpo, and Wilson all got hurt in 2012 and we were never the same on D. 

We were either 12th or 13th and we also had a great pass rush with Orakpo getting 10, Kerrigan getting 8, Bowen getting 6, Carriker getting 5 and I think Cofield had 2.5 or 3. 

We changed a perennial top 10 defense to a 3-4 for no reason. And it has sucked ever since. 

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

We changed a perennial top 10 defense to a 3-4 for no reason. And it has sucked ever since. 

We also were bound to lose talent and lose key talent when guys got old like Philip Daniels and Andre Carter's career was about done too, and Carter was the only player that really didn't fit into the new 3-4 scheme. Haynesworth fit into the scheme but refused playing in it and acted like a child. He could have been a good player in it if he had devoted himself to it but he was lazy and didn't work.

Remember, Carlos Rogers left in 2011 and went to the 49ers and had 6 ints for them. Landry & Atogwe battled injuries in 2011 at safety and Bowen first hurt his knee that season.

2011 in the last game Orakpo tore his pec then tore again in 2012, Carriker tore his quad, Bown hurt his knee again and Landry wasn't retained because of his Achilles injuries in both 2010 &11.

We would have had those injuries and lost those guys if we playing the 4-3 also and it would have turns a good defense into a bad one because we had lost so much talent.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

We also were bound to lose talent and lost  key talent when guys for old Kiel Philip Daniels and Andre Carter's career was about done, and he's the only player that really didn't fit into the new 3-4 scheme. Haynesworth fit into the scheme but refused playing in it like a child. He could have been a good player in it if he had devoted himself to it but he was lazy and didn't work.

Remember, Carlos Rogers left and went to the 49ers and had 6 ints for them. Landry & Atogwe battled injuries at safety and Bowen first hurt his knee that season.

Rogers was out of the league in the next few years. Don't act like his big year wasn't an aberration.

Just now, turtle28 said:

We also were bound to lose talent and lost  key talent when guys for old Kiel Philip Daniels and Andre Carter's career was about done, and he's the only player that really didn't fit into the new 3-4 scheme. Haynesworth fit into the scheme but refused playing in it like a child. He could have been a good player in it if he had devoted himself to it but he was lazy and didn't work.

Remember, Carlos Rogers left and went to the 49ers and had 6 ints for them. Landry & Atogwe battled injuries at safety and Bowen first hurt his knee that season.

I just want to be good again. It's been almost 30 years. I don't care how they do it. 

Archived