Week 1 GDT: LA Chargers @ Denver Broncos

broncosfan07

Just now, iLikeDefense said:

I feel like very few liked the mccoy hiring. Hope he effing stays.

I hated it at first...but having Bill Musgrave combined with him, I was OK with.  He's never succeeded when he's on his own as the smartest guy on the team - but when you put him with a guy smarter than him (PFM, Whisenhunt, etc.) - he's been successful.  Hopefully that's the case.

Just now, thebestever6 said:

Maybe Lynch isn't a bust but Trevor is the guy I'll tell you what his stock is trending up.

Still some things he needs to work on, but he's showing good pocket awareness tonight. He's a tough SOB, I'm not surprised his teammates love him.

I remember when Charger fans took umbrage in the Main Forum with us saying Okung was one of the worst FA contracts.  And that was while we were complimenting their draft.   

As bad as our T pass pro still is, at least we aren't paying that $$$ for such bad play.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Thing is, not everyone gets to this stage.

If Siemian actually has the light come for real in this area, it really opens up his ceiling.  

I agree.  I said last year inexperienced QB's have trouble with the shorter field in red zone, he needed opportunity to develop in that area and it seems he's made major strides there too.

i guess future weeks will tell us if we're being misled by the combo of a bad d, improvement at OC, or if Siemians just a new man.

Just now, broncos67 said:

Still some things he needs to work on, but he's showing good pocket awareness tonight. He's a tough SOB, I'm not surprised his teammates love him.

He needed to connect on the tough throws and third downs. The release and arm is there. Looking good so far. 

1 minute ago, broncofan48 said:

He's gotta be careful running or he's gonna die out there

He also gets a lot of balls tipped, but besides improving his anticipation (which so far so GREAT), learning to not get in harm's way is still an issue.   Bosa could have KILLED him on that 2nd down play on the goalline during the last drive.   

Just now, broncos67 said:

Can probably seal it with a TD drive here. I'd love to see that foot on the throat mentality from Trevor and the coaching staff.

Same if the defense maintains their dominance along with an offense that is very opportunistic it's going to be a great year!!.

Archived