Packers Trade Trevor Davis to Raiders

TheBitzMan

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Ty Montgomery has never lost a game single handedly. In the Rams game I'm sure you're referring to, the Defense allowed 29 points. There's 120ish plays in an NFL game. One play doesn't outweigh the other 119.

I've never claimed Rodgers has lost a game by himself. There's 32 other guys playing semi-regular snaps. It's a team sport. 

Sheppard committed more turnovers in one game than Davis did his entire career as a Packer. 

Lol a couple posts back you suggested to another poster that Davis's 68 years were just that a whopping 68 yards. Davis tried to lose the Bears game with a fumble inside the 5 did he not. I originally just said either way it was a bit of a wash. I am glad we go the pick and do not see anything that make me miss Davis.

I agree with you it's a team game no way is Davis the guy that wins and loses us games so what is the big deal.

Edited by PACKRULE

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

Counting stats for both us and them is 96, that's what's going on here. Maybe you know that, but that's what happened.

Yeah i noticed that right after Norm. Plus after AG had posted it too it got stuck in my brain. I almost forgot he played in GP for a moment.

Just now, PACKRULE said:

Lol a couple posts back you suggested to another poster that Davis's 68 years were just that a whopping 68 yards. Davis tried to lose the Bears game with a fumble inside the 5 did he not. I originally just said either way it was a bit of a wash. I am glad we go the pick and do not see anything that make me miss Davis.

I agree with you it's a team game no way is Davis the guy that wins and loses us games so what is the big deal.

If you don't see the difference between the ball getting hit with a helmet while you're running, and trying to field a punt over your head/having the ball bounce off your facemask on a pass, you're missing one of the fundamental aspects of football. 

There's not a player in the NFL not playing QB with a WAR above 1. That doesn't mean you ignore every other position. Over a 16 game season, a guy like Davante Adams might win 8% of a game 7 times, and that's a pretty damn good season. 

Just now, PACKRULE said:

Yeah i thought that right after I posted. I posted just his Riiders catches. His career stats are 15 receptions for 190 yards.

Not very many catches, is it? But you can't catch it if it isn't thrown to you. It'll be interesting what happens to him in Oakland. He's started every game with them, never started one game with us.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If you don't see the difference between the ball getting hit with a helmet while you're running, and trying to field a punt over your head/having the ball bounce off your facemask on a pass, you're missing one of the fundamental aspects of football. 

There's not a player in the NFL not playing QB with a WAR above 1. That doesn't mean you ignore every other position. Over a 16 game season, a guy like Davante Adams might win 8% of a game 7 times, and that's a pretty damn good season. 

Yeah no one has a bad play now and again, Davis had the ball punched out and maybe could have been in better control of the ball. If a Packer fumbled like that most on here would say that's inexcusable. Jones fumbles, Bahks holds, Graham, and Lazard drop balls in games so what. 

When it comes to the facemask non catch I'm quite surprised you have not brought up AR's throw. Had it been to the outside he walks for the TD or flat out drops it. Having to stop like he did cause AR thew it inside caused Shep to slip and well the rest if history. He does get close to 2 hands on it so i don't cut him slack for that it was on him. Either way there are forced and unforced errors every game.

Not sure the FO ignored any other position if they felt strongly enough about Shep as a PR and slot guy. I still take the 6th for Davis and trust the FO until it starts loosing us games.

25 minutes ago, firstdown said:

Not very many catches, is it? But you can't catch it if it isn't thrown to you. It'll be interesting what happens to him in Oakland. He's started every game with them, never started one game with us.

He's deep on the depth chart even in Oakland. They have some fine TE's there in Oakland as well. Hope he does well for Oakland.

1 hour ago, PACKRULE said:

I am quite certain your bettering of Shep would have been much worse! If we could get a 6 for you, you'd be in Oakland already.

All you had to do in those situations is to fall over and not fall over. I feel very confident that I, you, or any random person could have done one of those two at the proper time. Literally playing a rock on both those plays is a huge improvement. None of us on this board could possibly do any worse. 

27 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

All you had to do in those situations is to fall over and not fall over. I feel very confident that I, you, or any random person could have done one of those two at the proper time. Literally playing a rock on both those plays is a huge improvement. None of us on this board could possibly do any worse. 

Ok I think I got it now. Forum posters and rocks Could have done better on Sheps 2 messed up plays. Pretty awful take but have at it.