Mike Vrabel

dtait93

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

He's gonna get a lot of flack for going for it. I like that we went for it. I would go for it again.

I don't like that our attempt to go for it was running a slow punter to the outside against a team with fast LBs.

Part of me likes it but chance to go up a TD on a team that had been lighting up our secondary seem like a good bet. 

But it also shows lack of faith in the kicker which I also understand. 

But dang it looks bad. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Part of me likes it but chance to go up a TD on a team that had been lighting up our secondary seem like a good bet. 

But it also shows lack of faith in the kicker which I also understand. 

But dang it looks bad. 

They already needed a TD. All making the FG does is give us a shot at OT if they do get that TD. 

I'd rather reduce their chance to get the TD than increase our chances of going to OT is my line of thinking.

One of those things that looks great if it works and looks stupid if it doesn't.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

They already needed a TD. All making the FG does is give us a shot at OT if they do get that TD. 

I'd rather reduce their chance to get the TD than increase our chances of going to OT is my line of thinking.

One of those things that looks great if it works and looks stupid if it doesn't.

Yeah. They needed a TD. 

It's just that you need a TD to tie vs a TD to win. 

Distancing myself from the emotion of the moment, it makes sense but just bad optics with it. 

i really just don't care about that one call nearly as much as i care about arthur smith being the worst offensive coordinator for a franchise that has had a veritable parade of horrific offensive coordinators over the last decade plus.

every day that vrabel doesn't fire this clown is a day that makes me less inclined to bring vrabel back, tbh.

Edited by -Hope-
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i really just don't care about that one call nearly as much as i care about arthur smith being the worst offensive coordinator for a franchise that has had a veritable parade of horrific offensive coordinators over the last decade plus.

every day that vrabel doesn't fire this clown is a day that makes me less inclined to bring vrabel back, tbh.

It’s honestly incredible. I hated Robiskie, he at least seemed to have a plan. I hated the plan, but it existed. Arthur Smith has nothing. 

I understand not being able to change the fundamentals of the offense mid season, but plays pointed out in the other thread where they put Jonnu on an island against JPP on the first dropback, I wonder if Vrabel even sees it as an issue. He’s a defensive mind not an offensive one. If he doesn’t see it that’s one thing (which is still a problem) but if he does and isn’t telling Arthur to scrap that garbage that’s an even bigger problem.

Theres just 0 way we make the playoffs in my mind. The defense is not going to go another half season saving this horrible offense and poor head coaching decisions. We’re lucky we’re not 2-6.