Lamar vs Trubisky

Nazgul

Who is a worse thrower of the pigskin?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who is a worse thrower of the pigskin?

• Lamar Jackson
    • The Bears QB

8 hours ago, vegas492 said:

If looking at who throws a better ball?  Mechanics and such?

I think Mitch throws a better ball.

Jackson, though, gets it done on the field.  It helps when his legs open up receivers.

Mitch doesn't have that.  But as a pure thrower, I feel like Mitch is better.  And a far worse NFL quarterback.

Good way to put it. Jackson just gets it done ATM. If his accuracy improves to where he is leading guys open and hitting them in stride at a relatively consistent level, he becomes everything people thought he could be after his Heisman year. 

I've been watching the NFL highlights for Ravens games, which include pretty much every positive play, and the major negative ones, so I know it doesn't paint full picture, but his ability to extend plays reminds me of Russ. Gaudy run numbers made me think he was kind of still running or passing, but he's doing really good job of always keeping his eyes down field while scrambling.

On 10/25/2019 at 9:13 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Good way to put it. Jackson just gets it done ATM. If his accuracy improves to where he is leading guys open and hitting them in stride at a relatively consistent level, he becomes everything people thought he could be after his Heisman year. 

I've been watching the NFL highlights for Ravens games, which include pretty much every positive play, and the major negative ones, so I know it doesn't paint full picture, but his ability to extend plays reminds me of Russ. Gaudy run numbers made me think he was kind of still running or passing, but he's doing really good job of always keeping his eyes down field while scrambling.

Jackson absolutely gets it done.  His coach and offensive scheme help him out tremendously.

And...here the really nice thing about him....he's progressing.  Kind of at a rate that should terrify a lot of DC's out there.

Unlike MItch.  His coach and scheme don't appear to be helping him.  Then again, when it's third and 7 and he sails a ball to a wide open guy, that has to stick in his coaches mind.  There is little trust in Mitch right now.

To be honest our scheme helps in the running game, but we see a lot less wide open “schemed” routes as other teams. A lot less pick routes, a lot less unique route combinations, etc. So sure they’re using the read option and with our strong run game that’s getting receivers in 1on1 situations or forcing defenses to go heavy zone. The coaches do trust Lamar though for sure. Which wasn’t the case last year with Marty Mornhinweg.

13 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

To be honest our scheme helps in the running game, but we see a lot less wide open “schemed” routes as other teams. A lot less pick routes, a lot less unique route combinations, etc. So sure they’re using the read option and with our strong run game that’s getting receivers in 1on1 situations or forcing defenses to go heavy zone. The coaches do trust Lamar though for sure. Which wasn’t the case last year with Marty Mornhinweg.

Not to mention when we try to run pick plays we almost always get called for OPI. We suck at running modern NFL routes at the WR position. Have for years.

• Like 1