Lamar vs Trubisky

Nazgul

Who is a worse thrower of the pigskin?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who is a worse thrower of the pigskin?

• Lamar Jackson
    • The Bears QB

48 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

As @AFlaccoSeagulls just stated, being objective means using facts and accurate/fair analysis to justify your stance. The takes on Lamar being a "mediocre" passer are based in complete subjectivity, and more than likely those posters making said takes are going off hearsay and preconceived notions, but have seen little to none of Lamar this season.

So basically you guys are whining over wording a person use, got it. And why can't a person use words like mediocre when judging him passing the intermediate to deep? It's true....

4 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

So basically you guys are whining over wording a person use, got it. And why can't a person use words like mediocre when judging him passing the intermediate to deep? It's true....

No, we're here commenting on the absurdity of the comparison that is Lamar Jackson, a current MVP candidate, to Mitchell Trubiski, a current "QB that should be cut or benched" candidate. I'm sorry you can't see the difference between those two players.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

The only offense anyone is taking is with the disingenuous stances people are taking with our team's quarterback.

Again, use whatever verbiage you want. Call him mediocre if you want. But by no sensible metric or gauge is Mitchell Trubisky or any of these other "mediocre" quarterbacks ACTUALLY playing better than Lamar.

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

The only offense anyone is taking is with the disingenuous stances people are taking with our team's quarterback.

Again, use whatever verbiage you want. Call him mediocre if you want. But my no sensible metric or gauge is Mitchell Trubisky or any of these other "mediocre" quarterbacks ACTUALLY playing better than Lamar.

He can't really talk about his team in NFL GEN/COMP because they're 2-4 after a hype beast offseason and their QB has sucked major butt so instead he's going to complain about Ravens fans discussing their successful team/players.

I wouldn't even bother tbh

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

No, we're here commenting on the absurdity of the comparison that is Lamar Jackson, a current MVP candidate, to Mitchell Trubiski, a current "QB that should be cut or benched" candidate. I'm sorry you can't see the difference between those two players.

Now, that I agree with, It is absurd to compare him to Trubiski, he's terrible but I will not stand for anyone embellishing when it comes to him passing the ball, I will not move off of that. But will concede that he is definitely worthy of MVP candidacy up until this point 

2 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Now, that I agree with, It is absurd to compare him to Trubiski, he's terrible but I will not stand for anyone embellishing when it comes to him passing the ball, I will not move off of that. But will concede that he is definitely worthy of MVP candidacy up until this point 

The thing about our passing stats is that we just don't have any receiving targets worth a darn this year outside of Mark Andrews (currently playing through a foot injury) and Hollywood Brown (currently not playing because of an existing ankle injury). So our starting WR's right now are:

1. Miles Boykin (rookie)

2. Seth Roberts (trash)

3. Willie Snead (basically a glorified TE in terms of skill but 5'10 185lbs)

We have no deep threats. Nobody capable of beating man coverage, and all of these guys have shaky hands. Then you couple that with an offense that already has trouble scheming guys open and what you're left with is Lamar dropping back, seeing nobody open, then running. Or he drops back and has to try to force something downfield into coverage. It's just not pretty right now without Hollywood healthy and in the lineup.

11 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Other than it’s spotty don’t know what to say 🤷🏼‍♂️

Well if Lamar’s accuracy is spotty, I would hate to know what adjective you use for Baker and Trubisky. Lamar’s expected completion percentage is -1.7%, while Trubisky’s is -2.6% and Baker’s is -6%. So Baker is what 3x worse in expected completions than Lamar? Interesting.

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Well if Lamar’s accuracy is spotty, I would hate to know what adjective you use for Baker and Trubisky. Lamar’s expected completion percentage is -1.7%, while Trubisky’s is -2.6% and Baker’s is -6%. So Baker is what 3x worse in expected completions than Lamar? Interesting.

Well, except the Browns and Bears are at the top of the league in dropped passes so......

4 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Well, except the Browns and Bears are at the top of the league in dropped passes so......

Doesn't expected completions take that into account?

Also, Lamar's accuracy metrics on deeper throws are probably heavily skewed by the fact we almost never throw deep without Marquise Brown in the lineup. I've watched every snap of Lamar's this year and his downfield accuracy hasn't stood out to me as a weakness at all.