Lamar vs Trubisky

Nazgul

Who is a worse thrower of the pigskin?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who is a worse thrower of the pigskin?

• Lamar Jackson
    • The Bears QB

41 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Well if Lamar’s accuracy is spotty, I would hate to know what adjective you use for Baker and Trubisky. Lamar’s expected completion percentage is -1.7%, while Trubisky’s is -2.6% and Baker’s is -6%. So Baker is what 3x worse in expected completions than Lamar? Interesting.

I’m not big on stats so I’m probably the worst person to quote stats to. 😂

10 minutes ago, RavensDefense3 said:

if lamar's accuracy is spotty then i guess baker's is terrible

Yeah except Baker’s was excellent in college and last year in the NFL 😉

This year admittedly not so much, SO FAR. 

Anywho let’s move on to Lamar v. Trubisky shall we?

However annoying both Ravens and Browns fans are about talking about our QB's, I guess you could say at least demonstrates that we're still bought into our guys/believe in them.

Bears fans not even bothering to come in here and put up a token fight for their boy, can't say that's a great sign about his standing with the fanbase right now. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

However annoying both Ravens and Browns fans are about talking about our QB's, I guess you could say at least demonstrates that we're still bought into our guys/believe in them.

Bears fans not even bothering to come in here and put up a token fight for their boy, can't say that's a great sign about his standing with the fanbase right now. 

Haha good point. 

Its kind of sad, I liked Trubisky coming out. And he’s a local boy so I’m still rooting for him. 

If looking at who throws a better ball?  Mechanics and such?

I think Mitch throws a better ball.

Jackson, though, gets it done on the field.  It helps when his legs open up receivers.

Mitch doesn't have that.  But as a pure thrower, I feel like Mitch is better.  And a far worse NFL quarterback.

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Doesn't expected completions take that into account?

It does.

6 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Coming off of his time off, and going by rhetoric coming out of Halas Hall (and Trubisky's own mouth) it was widely assumed the Saints game would be a redemptive game, if not a spectacular one.

It was neither. 

In many ways, it was his worst game this season. Not a good sign. 

1 hour ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I don't think I'd take Trubisky over Josh Rosen right now. 

Rosen is getting a bad rap. Getting discarded by a coach with a hard-on for Kyler Murray, then getting moved to the dumpster fire that is the Dolphins...it may be some time before we even know what Rosen is capable of. 

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Rosen is getting a bad rap. Getting discarded by a coach with a hard-on for Kyler Murray, then getting moved to the dumpster fire that is the Dolphins...it may be some time before we even know what Rosen is capable of. 

...and when/if he finds his way to a favourable situation, he may be too shell shocked too succeed.