Week #4 Steelers 0-3 vs. Bengals 0-3 Game Day Thread

Steeler Hitman

The more I watch of Mason Rudolph's performance against the 49ers, the more I feel he didn't play that bad. For his first career start, on the road on the West Coast, versus a good defense, with our offensive line playing like poo, no running game, wide receivers not getting open, and our OC being a complete moron, not sure how you could expect much more out of him. He made some nice throws and some bad ones, but overall I'm not too discouraged by what I saw from him.

This game is a toss-up. Neither team is playing well. However, I would feel much better about our chances if we ran more I formation, and let Rudolph throw past the line of scrimmage more often

• Like 6

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

The more I watch of Mason Rudolph's performance against the 49ers, the more I feel he didn't play that bad. For his first career start, on the road on the West Coast, versus a good defense, with our offensive line playing like poo, no running game, wide receivers not getting open, and our OC being a complete moron, not sure how you could expect much more out of him. He made some nice throws and some bad ones, but overall I'm not too discouraged by what I saw from him.

This game is a toss-up. Neither team is playing well. However, I would feel much better about our chances if we ran more I formation, and let Rudolph throw past the line of scrimmage more often

what's I found annoying was this is how I felt as that game was taking place and the OL/lack of run game bothered me the most. Of course, the OC was a close second, but how does the hyped OL forget how to run block especially if thats what the first start QB needs most.  I have no issues with Mason, is everyone else that needs to be fixed. After watching the terrible OC calls last week, I couldn't help but think they are throwing this season and making ben starter next year to avoid qb controversy.

i’m probably a minority in that i think big randy was fine last year with ben because randy’s style of playcalling seemed to be “call vanilla and then let ben adjust when it’s time to launch haymakers”, but obviously with the rookie rudolph starting and the trust not yet there it just means he’s calling vanilla games

if fitchner calls a similar game to the niners game but just invests a bit more trust in ruldoph for the rest of the year, let’s him do a bit more, i think that we can still push for potentially a wildcard or, if we can take both games against the ravens, the division even at 9-7 or 10-6

• Like 1

6 hours ago, August4th said:

There goes the hope of more I formation.  Not that we were going to get it even if Nix was healthy, but now we will be in shotgun most of the game....again...even on running plays....with 8 in the box....FML.

Vince we kinda need because Barron sucks butt in the running game.

Chickillo shouldnt even be on team, so whatever.   

• Like 1

Here is my newest mock:
2: Julian Okwara Notre Dame EDGE

3: Shane Lemieux Oregon OG 

4a: Julian Rochester Georgia NT

4b: Najee Harris Alabama RB

5: Mitchell Wilcox South Florida TE

6. Kalija Lipscomb  Vanderbilt WR

7. Kary Vincent Jr.  LSU CB

3 hours ago, August4th said:

Browns just did us a favor beating the Ravens today

we can still be in the div run with a win tomorrow and next week, both home games(doubt they take advantage of this tho)

I wouldn't get your hopes up this year.

5 hours ago, August4th said:

Browns just did us a favor beating the Ravens today

we can still be in the div run with a win tomorrow and next week, both home games(doubt they take advantage of this tho)

we could go 13-3 as well. I don't know what to expect, but if anything, the AFCN will go down to the last game and might even have 2 teams in the playoffs . It's early to tell, but the Browns looked better today and we will see how injuries take a toll on the AFC as the season goes on.  The steelers deserve 0-16 if they let richter run the offence as he has and until they get a legit running game going, I can't see them making the playoffs.