Coopers Cowboys visit the NOLA Teddy Under-waters

Matts4313

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

I'm not certain where the uncertainty in this thread comes from. 

Let's break this down:

1) Our defensive secondary can and will allow any pass attempt you need.
2) Whoever said "force Teddy to beat us" hasn't payed any attention to Teddy.
3) Kamara is playing off the hook this season, but can't do it all on his own, and there are no other offensive options past 5 yards with Teddy at QB

I'm guessing this game isn't going to be pretty, and I'm fairly certain Dallas will win to the tune of 42-17, with the bulk of the Saints points coming in garbage time.

Love me some Saints, but this could be ugly.

I am curious. If Brees was healthy, what would be the result in your opinion

7 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

I'm not certain where the uncertainty in this thread comes from. 

Let's break this down:

1) Our defensive secondary can and will allow any pass attempt you need.
2) Whoever said "force Teddy to beat us" hasn't payed any attention to Teddy.
3) Kamara is playing off the hook this season, but can't do it all on his own, and there are no other offensive options past 5 yards with Teddy at QB

I'm guessing this game isn't going to be pretty, and I'm fairly certain Dallas will win to the tune of 42-17, with the bulk of the Saints points coming in garbage time.

Love me some Saints, but this could be ugly.

7 hours ago, Dome said:

Numbers are misleading, but he definitely hasn't played like he did as a rookie or through much of last year. He's had tons of plays where he's right on his WRs tail but just can't break up the pass. The fact that he's not just completely torched and lost in coverage gives me confidence it's more of a slump he can come back from that.

A couple weird plays do skew the numbers a bit though.

One of the huge gains was DK Metcalf on a Wilson scramble drill after long protection, but Lattimore still caught him inbounds and ended the 1st half on that play. That's all we needed him to do on that play, don't allow a score and don't let them run out of bounds if they catch it in the middle of the field. He did neither so the yardage was garbage time yards.

There were a couple times Lattimore didn't get the help over top from Marcus Williams both against Nuk and again vs Cooks. This led to Vonn Bell getting moved to that deep safety role and Williams was asked to cover the weaker side of the field. His coverage wasn't great and the point isn't to make an excuse for him but explain that he might've played the WR differently if he knew his help wasn't gonna be there.

Deuce Windham has good game breakdown of Lattimore showing these plays, he watches more Saints film than just about anyone out there as well as maintaining relationships with staff and players in the locker room. He understands the Saints schemes inside and out and has a good handle on what players are being asked to do on any given play. If he doesn't think the sky is falling and it's just a "bad stretch" I'm not too worried yet. He's had some nice plays this year as well, it's not all bad. Just a lot of yardage he's giving up, sometimes on plays that were broken.

I like his comments way more than yours. Just fyi

9 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I am curious. If Brees was healthy, what would be the result in your opinion

It would be a closer game. That Dallas D is stout, and Dak is playing like a real pro. 
The reason I think it would be a closer game is sustained drives that lead to 6 rather than 3, thus taking time away from the Dallas offense, ultimately scoring fewer times.

Drew Brees is the ultimate game manager, and plays well on any yardline, and is incredible in the red zone. I can't say the same for Teddy. Teddy needs a receiver to be 1-2 yards open before he'll release the ball, can't/won't throw a receiver open, and has some of the happiest feet in the biz. He gives 1 second to passing routes, and then looks to check down or scramble. The Dallas D will eat him alive.

My opinion on the Saints D, specifically the secondary will not change.

Dome and I have differing opinions on the "why" and "what" of our D, but here's the deal, the only time our secondary is every any good is when we get a stud straight out of college (Lattimore), or sign a stud free agent who was producing elsewhere (Sharper). The minute they put on the black & gold, they start to get worse. And when they leave and go to another team, the get better (Patrick Robinson) and come back only to suck (Roman Harper).

So, make all the excuses we want, but the bottom line is our secondary hasn't been really good with returning members for...... oh, I don't know...... ever...... The coaching is clearly on the miss, year after year after year.

The Saints defensive front 7 (or at least 6) is also really stout, and will give Dak & Co. a healthy challenge. This could be the game changer. If the front 4 can get enough pressure on Dak, coupled with the noise of the dome, perhaps we can keep them from driving the ball down our throats. If this game starts out 14-3 or 14-6, the dome will go quiet, and we're toast.

• Like 1