Week 4: Redskins (0-3) vs. Giants (1-2): Sunday 1 pm

MikeT14

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If he starts Colt next week then he’s never putting Haskins back in. 

If Gruden puts Colt in next week, it should mean he’s just fired himself. You can not go to a rookie first round QB, give him a little over half of football to play and then yank him the following week and keep your job as a HC.

39 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah and how do you get that in the pros? You play the games.

Experience, yes. 

Polish, fundamentals, understanding of how offenses work and how to attack defenses — no. I’m sitting here watching Chase Daniel, who has started 4 NFL games in his life and has just about zero discernible talent, handling himself and running his offense better than either of the two much more talented, long-time starters who started this game. 

You (and many others, it’s certainly not just you) are seriously underestimating the value of getting the chance to sit and learn how to be a QB without being expected to perform on a weekly basis.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Experience, yes. 

Polish, fundamentals, understanding of how offenses work and how to attack defenses — no. I’m sitting here watching Chase Daniel, who has started 4 NFL games in his life and has just about zero discernible talent, handling himself and running his offense better than either of the two much more talented, long-time starters who started this game. 

You (and many others, it’s certainly not just you) are seriously underestimating the value of getting the chance to sit and learn how to be a QB without being expected to perform on a weekly basis.  

to entertain that, the team is really bad and haskins looks incredibly green. Maybe start haskins the last 3-4 games to have some film going into the off-season so he can work on things.

25 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Experience, yes. 

You’re right, I think the bolded is seriously overrated.

7 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

to entertain that, the team is really bad and haskins looks incredibly green. Maybe start haskins the last 3-4 games to have some film going into the off-season so he can work on things.

Seems to me no matter what the coaching staff had decided with Haskins people weren’t going to be satisfied. 

Give Haskins back Scarry Terry and I’m sure he’ll be better moving forward.

The truth is outside of the first quarter of week 1, Case Keenum has mostly stunk up the joint. I don’t know how you can continue to send Case out there when the other 52 guys can’t have much belief in him that he’ll get the job done bc he keeps having bad turnovers and he’s led the team to an 0-3 start.

Perhaps it was too early to go to Haskins and it would be more perfect to wait - that’s debatable whether him sitting and waiting another few games or another month or two really makes a difference - but one thing was clear, the Case Keenum Experience needed to end!

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Seems to me no matter what the coaching staff had decided with Haskins people weren’t going to be satisfied. 

The truth is outside of the first quarter of week 1, Case Keenum has mostly stunk up the joint. I don’t know how you can continue to send Case out there when the other 52 guys can’t have much belief in him that he’ll get the job done bc he keeps having bad turnovers and he’s led the team to an 0-3 start.

Perhaps it was too early to go to Haskins and it would be more perfect to wait - that’s debatable whether him sitting and waiting another few games or another month or two really makes a difference - but one thing was clear, the Case Keenum Experience needed to end!

Say you weren't gonna be satisfied. Some here were happy with the team looking a mess with Keenum or Colt so we could possibly see Gruden, Bruce, and Manusky canned at the end of the year. 

13 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Say you weren't gonna be satisfied. Some here were happy with the team looking a mess with Keenum or Colt so we could possibly see Gruden, Bruce, and Manusky canned at the end of the year. 

Dude, as I’ve said all along. It’s more than just a QB thing. We have NO running game and the D has been awful. It doesn’t matter who was staring at QB, with the way the entire team has played the first 4 weeks, we were going to be 0-4 and almost 100% 0-5 after next week to start this season.

That being the case, you might as well move on to the future QB and get him starters reps during practice the rest of the season and the most live game action they can give him the rest of this season so he can learn and develop the best way possible which is by playing regular season games and learning from your mistakes and successes.

I mean let’s not lose sight of the fact of how young Haskins is and how much room he has to grow. He just turned 22 on May 3rd. He’s going to have growing pains, but he’s also got years of development ahead of him as a QB given his young age. 

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Awful idea. They made the decision to go to Haskins, going back in that now would be an awful decision.

I agree with this. Now that you've made the change to Haskins, you roll with Haskins, for better or ill (unless he's injured).

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I just read my favorite quote of the day, from a fellow Redskins fan.

"It cracks me up that there are still people who are worried that the Skins might win too many games if they don't take affirmative measures to lose.  Our trajectory is perfect. Don't change a thing."

I want to know who these people are who think the offense could be competent enough or the defense strong enough to actually allow Washington win games.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

For all of the kvetching about the offense and who is running the game, it really doesn't matter when the defense is allowing 29.5 points per game. Keep in mind the 24 points that Washington allowed today was a vast improvement from their previous three performances (31.3 ppg average going into this game). Only Miami has allowed more points than Washington to date.

So, it really doesn't matter if Keenum, McCoy, or Haskins is the starting QB if the team is giving up 30 points. This isn't an offense that can get into a boat race, much less win one.