Packers & Eagles Postgame

Leader

28 minutes ago, cannondale said:

One opinion from a talking head regarding pass interference challenges, is that the NFL is basically saying to coaches, stop challenging pass interference. The rule is in place to correct game changing "important" calls. Stop wasting our time with the mid-game stuff.

I'd like to think that's not true, but it probably is

Every PI or non PI is a game changing call.  Its a spot foul and auto first down.  It extends drives and changes field position or puts a team so far behind the sticks they have no hope.   It can be a 50+ yard penalty.  

Doesn't matter what point of game it is in.  You just notice it more late.  

• Like 2

Just now, Danger said:

It doesn't matter how bad it "looked" they both were still hindered from making the catch due to the defender altering their body and not playing the ball. Just because one guy had his arm pushed and the other had one around his back doesn't matter. 

Both should have been dpi, as well as the INT at the end.  I think the most frustrating thing from a Packers fan's perspective is that the Eagles were really toeing the line on head-hunting. I'm probably biased but Barnett should have been tossed for the hit on Williams.  If that isn't ejection worthy then I really don't know what is.  For him to cause the big fumble in the first half is salt in that wound as well.  

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

It doesn't matter how bad it "looked" they both were still hindered from making the catch due to the defender altering their body and not playing the ball. Just because one guy had his arm pushed and the other had one around his back doesn't matter. 

So you agree MVS was “hindered” on the final play of the game?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

Both should have been dpi, as well as the INT at the end.  I think the most frustrating thing from a Packers fan's perspective is that the Eagles were really toeing the line on head-hunting. I'm probably biased but Barnett should have been tossed for the hit on Williams.  If that isn't ejection worthy then I really don't know what is.  For him to cause the big fumble in the first half is salt in that wound as well.  

I still want to see the play with sound since I missed it. However Barnett wasn't headhunting, he was just being a dumb*** as he always has been making stupid boneheaded mistakes. He's not dirty, just dumb.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Yes, but the call was consistent with what was being called for both sides all night long.

K, so we all agree then that your dudes got away with at least one more DPI than the Packers in a game changing situation?  

Look, I’m not blaming the calls as the reason the Packers lost this game - they shot themselves in the foot plenty last night.  It would appear, however, that your dude’s have have taken on the POS persona of your defensive coordinator - play dirty until you get flagged, fined, or ejected.  Whatever the cost.  Amiright?

Just now, Danger said:

I still want to see the play with sound since I missed it. However Barnett wasn't headhunting, he was just being a dumb*** as he always has been making stupid boneheaded mistakes. He's not dirty, just dumb.

If the NFL really cares about player safety (which they don't unless it's costing them lawsuit $$), then 15 yards isn't enough on these plays.  Williams was held up and Barnett launched right into his helmet.  Here's the play. I don't think Barnett is dirty, but this still needs to be prevented.    

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

Barnett’s not the only dumba$$ on that side of the ball.  

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

K, so we all agree then that your dudes got away with at least one more DPI than the Packers in a game changing situation?  

Look, I’m not blaming the calls as the reason the Packers lost this game - they shot themselves in the foot plenty last night.  It would appear, however, that your dude’s have have taken on the POS persona of your defensive coordinator - play dirty until you get flagged, fined, or ejected.  Whatever the cost.  Amiright?

Context of the situation of the game should not change what is or is not called a penalty.

And no I would not agree with second statement. Sendejo is a free agent we just brought over and has consistently been like that. Don't like him he needs to go. Derek Barnett is just a dumb***, not dirty.

2 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

If the NFL really cares about player safety (which they don't unless it's costing them lawsuit $$), then 15 yards isn't enough on these plays.  Williams was held up and Barnett launched right into his helmet.  Here's the play. I don't think Barnett is dirty, but this still needs to be prevented.    

Thank you for this. IMO it was a bang bang play. Getting fined is ok, but I agree with the non-suspension call. Barnett was taking his last step before initiating contact when the whistle blew. Kind of hard to pull up your momentum that quickly. I watched it in slow motion and the whistle started blowing the very moment just before Barnett took his last step before contact. Can't really react to that in time. However it wasn't really necessary for him to go low when he's got multiple people already standing him up on the opposite side. If anything the NFL need to look at this as a possibility of "chop-tackling" kinda like "Chop-blocking"

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

The only possible explanation then is that the guy is so dumb that he winds up playing dirty.   There is no place outside an MMA ring for what Barnett did to Williams.   Williams was obviously stopped, being pushed back and facing the wrong direction.   To allow him to be speared like that shows the NFL still doesn't give a rip about player safety.  He should have been ejected right there.  Not questionable.  The evidence is obvious,  there was no reason for him to be hitting Williams at all.  Much less a reason to spear him with his helmut.   he was head humting the entire game.  

If that is the only way he can play the game - then he needs to be gone.    It was every bit as bad as Burficts hits.  At least his were part of an active play at full speed.

• Like 2