Bought a Camaro LT1

blizofoz45

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Nice, those things are as fast as you could ever hope to use on public roads.  And they look a lot better than the earlier new Camaros too.  I'm still not sold on the styling inside or out, but you've gotta respect the "purity" of what they are.  They're cars you want to drive, and that's becoming an endangered species lately.  And big "value" too.  I'm all for it.

I'd never buy one myself.  Mustang would take the helm for me between the two rivals...but the Camaro is absolutely no joke.  The 4-cyl Mustang is a bit of a joke.  That ain't it chief.

Meh, the only true American muscle car left is the Challenger... It just oozes badass... Looks a million times better than the Camero or the Mustang.

6 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Meh, the only true American muscle car left is the Challenger... It just oozes badass... Looks a million times better than the Camero or the Mustang.

You might be right, in that it's the last true "Muscle Car"...but i'd never think about buying one either.  It's pretty much the stereotype of the rudimentary straight line speed stereotype.

3 hours ago, Tugboat said:

You might be right, in that it's the last true "Muscle Car"...but i'd never think about buying one either.  It's pretty much the stereotype of the rudimentary straight line speed stereotype.

Well it was pretty much designed for the drag strip with the top end model (the SRT Demon) literally being a street legal drag racer. Was certainly never intended to hug corners or anything like that... But neither were the muscle cars of the old days.

If we're taking about overall performance the top end  Corvette and Tesla trims are the current kings of American performance cars but who the hell can afford them.

P.S.

Plus they don't look anywhere near as badass😁

Edited by rob_shadows
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Out of pure curiosity...how hard is it to fit wider tires under that Charger?

Not hard.

It comes with 245s which is ridiculous for having close to 500 horse. You can easily put 275-305s under there without an issue.

i think I’m going to go with some 275 Indy 500s. 

2 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Not hard.

It comes with 245s which is ridiculous for having close to 500 horse. You can easily put 275-305s under there without an issue.

i think I’m going to go with some 275 Indy 500s. 

Are they just tucked in under there that much?  Or does the 245 version come with bigtime spacers/offsets?

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Are they just tucked in under there that much?  Or does the 245 version come with bigtime spacers/offsets?

It doesnt Come with spacers. It looks kinda bad stock and there’s a lot of space between the tire and wheel well. I think they do that on purpose so that you can customize the rear without issues. The front needs spacers if you getting some bigger tires because of the control arm. 

On 10/1/2019 at 5:23 AM, rob_shadows said:

You are high! Million times better. It looks like a box that needs that power just to move. Camaro design has a purpose.

17 hours ago, TENINCH said:

You are high! Million times better. It looks like a box that needs that power just to move. Camaro design has a purpose.

To each their own I guess, I prefer the raw badassness of the Challenger... The Camero looks good don't get me wrong but it looks more sleek and sexy than just pure badass American muscle. 

Plus the Challenger gives you more bang for your buck on the extras... To get goodies like heated seats and a heated steering wheel in the camero you have to go up to the 2SS package which will run you 45,000+... You can get said features in the Challenger around the 30,000 price range.

I also like the fact that the Challenger has AWD options.

And I know you might be thinking "yeah but who really needs a heated steering wheel"... But if you live anywhere with cold Winters once you have a car with a heated steering wheel I guarantee you'll never even look at another car without one 😋

On 12/10/2019 at 11:30 AM, pnies20 said:

It doesnt Come with spacers. It looks kinda bad stock and there’s a lot of space between the tire and wheel well. I think they do that on purpose so that you can customize the rear without issues. The front needs spacers if you getting some bigger tires because of the control arm. 

So it's essentially all just offset from the different rims then?  Makes sense i guess, but kinda wild.  Seems like a pretty big range of tire widths from "rental car" Charger, to...Hellcat or whatever.  That's gotta be what...like 2-3 inches of offset to go from 245-305?  Plus more available going down to whatever the base rental models come with?

Wonder if you could fit duallys in there.