Craig Hoffman is calling for Colt Gruden to start vs the Patriots

turtle28

https://thefandc.radio.com/reality-sets-in-for-0-4-redskins

It's nice for McCoy to get another opportunity, especially after the questionable (at best) handling of his injury after last season. However "doing right by Colt" isn't the reason he should start. It's the best thing for this franchise, at least for now.[/quote]

It's pointless to start Colt McCoy and to bench Haskins.

2 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Colt Gruden? Funny.

But, Haskins has no business starting against anyone for a few weeks. If Keenum isn't healty, then let Colt step up.

I don't think it matters. People keep making this point like Haskins is going to magically turn into a veteran QB who has mastered the offense in two weeks or something.

Jay/Kevin need to do what they did for Josh Johnson last year and shrink the playbook down for Haskins the rest of this year until he becomes more comfortable with it. I'm sure they already did that for the Giants game, it's just Dwayne didn't get the practice reps or the preparation during the week for the Giants game that he would get from now through the rest of his career as the known starter every week.

Haskins needs all the reps he can get.

28 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, these people know we’re talking about Colt McCoy, right? We’ve seen him play. It’s not good and he gets hurt 5 minutes after he steps on the field. With that said, bring on the L’s. Come on home Chase Young lol

Yes! I love if when two adversaries agree! 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f291461f0c657dc7f9329

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I don't think it matters. People keep making this point like Haskins is going to magically turn into a veteran QB who has mastered the offense in two weeks or something.

Jay/Kevin need to do what they did for Josh Johnson last year and shrink the playbook down for Haskins the rest of this year until he becomes more comfortable with it. I'm sure they already did that for the Giants game, it's just Dwayne didn't get the practice reps or the preparation during the week for the Giants game that he would get from now through the rest of his career as the known starter every week.

Haskins needs all the reps he can get.

Haskins can wait. He's certainly not going to learn anything going against the Patriots. Except how to get sacked and throw interceptions.

We've seen this too many times. A rookie QB who gets put in the starting role he's not ready for, behind a shabby offensive line, with no real game plan. Haskins is simply too inexperienced at preparing for a game to handle this job. He showed this in pre-season. He showed it against the Giants. We don't gain anything by running him out there this early in the season. He's not even going to be running this system next year. There is no reason to rush him right now. 

13 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Haskins can wait. He's certainly not going to learn anything going against the Patriots. Except how to get sacked and throw interceptions.

We've seen this too many times. A rookie QB who gets put in the starting role he's not ready for, behind a shabby offensive line, with no real game plan. Haskins is simply too inexperienced at preparing for a game to handle this job. He showed this in pre-season. He showed it against the Giants. We don't gain anything by running him out there this early in the season. He's not even going to be running this system next year. There is no reason to rush him right now. 

I'd say weak-minded QBs are the ones who fall apart and don't recover after a few bad outings when they first become starters.

I don't think Haskins is that kind of player and if he is, we need to find it out sooner rather than later.

I don't think it matters if Haskins can't run Jay’s system to perfection yet. They need to find a package he's comfortable with and they think he can succeed the most in like they did for Josh Johnson last year. That shouldn't be that hard to do.

No one will ever convince me that Haskins can't do everything that Keenum has done the first 3.5 games of the season. I'd actually argue Haskins could have done more. I don't think Haskins would have missed a wide-open McLaurin a second time in week 1. I don't think Haskins would have overshot Quinn yesterday either. 

Yes, Haskins missed Vernon Davis and screwed me in fantasy bc he threw too wide and didn't hit him for a Td in that drive we had at first and goal, but that's a mistake that can be corrected.

He had a rough second half, but I really don't think he going to be throwing 3 interceptions a game for long in the NFL. Haskins is smart, a hard worker, doesn't seem phased by his mistakes and thinks about the next play and it seems he has leadership qualities that this team needs.

I'm excited to watch him play and see if he can develop into the QB we need him to be.

24 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I'd say weak-minded QBs are the ones who fall apart and don't recover after a few bad outings when they first become starters.

I don't think Haskins is that kind of player and if he is, we need to find it out sooner rather than later.

I don't think it matters if Haskins can't run Jay’s system to perfection yet. They need to find a package he's comfortable with and they think he can succeed the most in like they did for Josh Johnson last year. That shouldn't be that hard to do.

No one will ever convince me that Haskins can't do everything that Keenum has done the first 3.5 games of the season. I'd actually argue Haskins could have done more. I don't think Haskins would have missed a wide-open McLaurin a second time in week 1. I don't think Haskins would have overshot Quinn yesterday either. 

Yes, Haskins missed Vernon Davis and screwed me in fantasy bc he threw too wide and didn't hit him for a Td in that drive we had at first and goal, but that's a mistake that can be corrected.

He had a rough second half, but I really don't think he going to be throwing 3 interceptions a game for long in the NFL. Haskins is smart, a hard worker, doesn't seem phased by his mistakes and thinks about the next play and it seems he has leadership qualities that this team needs.

I'm excited to watch him play and see if he can develop into the QB we need him to be.

Did you see him on the sidelines yesterday sitting down talking with O'Connell after the one interception? All smiles. Still positive. That's the guy I want as my QB. He knows in his heart this is a process and this is a part of the growth.

34 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Weakminded … wut

Johnson was an experienced NFL QB. Haskins isn't. There are a number of building blocks that Haskins needs before he can compete on Sunday. Being smart and a hard worker doesn't matter if you simply don't have the knowledge. 

5 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Weakminded … wut

Johnson was an experienced NFL QB. Haskins isn't. There are a number of building blocks that Haskins needs before he can compete on Sunday. Being smart and a hard worker doesn't matter if you simply don't have the knowledge. 

It also doesn't help when the people who coach him don't have much knowledge as well. Or shall I say the ability to pass their knowledge to Haskins so he can be at his best. In college he had knowledgeable people putting him in the best situations to succeed. That's not happening here. 

i'm sorry but starting haskins now is a disaster. Let the kid sit and let colt take some licks, when he gets hurt(which he will) thats when we roll with dwayne. I'd say a month from now we are playing dwayne. He looked pretty green yesterday. They need to start getting him ready though. lets play him when he's got reed and terry.

1 hour ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Did you see him on the sidelines yesterday sitting down talking with O'Connell after the one interception? All smiles. Still positive. That's the guy I want as my QB. He knows in his heart this is a process and this is a part of the growth.

Smiles after the press conference too. He assured everyone that things will get better and he will work hard to get it done. He wants to be the one to turn this team around.

Archived