Post Vikings Game Thread

dll2000

5 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Your team is impressive. Great win and weekend for the Bears.

I'll be honest, I think Daniels is better than Trubisky. Take it for what its worth.

I got yinz in survivor next week so you better win!😁

Thanks for the good word but I disagree and I've seen a lot of bad QB play in Chicago over the years.

Daniel certainly knows the offense better but he is not a better player.

• Like 2

It just blows my mind that after the opening drive, the offense scored 9 points, with 2 times getting the ball on the opponents side of the field and people are acting like Chase went 20-25 350 and 4 TDs.  After the initial shock of Mitch leaving were off he basically did nothing. If Mitch had played the exact same game, the people lauding Chase right now would be crucifying Mitch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

It just blows my mind that after the opening drive, the offense scored 9 points, with 2 times getting the ball on the opponents side of the field and people are acting like Chase went 20-25 350 and 4 TDs.  After the initial shock of Mitch leaving were off he basically did nothing. If Mitch had played the exact same game, the people lauding Chase right now would be crucifying Mitch.

I would have been happy with it against the Vikings.

Especially if the Robinson OPI nonesense had counted and Cohen had not bobbled the long sideline pass.

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I just meant the Bears D is great on the road and at home.

No doubt about that buddy.  Your D is the best in the league, IMO.  It's just that the Vikings are a LOT better at home.  If we are going to beat you, it's going to have to be at home.  If by some chance we had to meet in the playoffs in Chicago, it's all over.  Bears win.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

You make very good points.

Whether we need to crucify Mitch or not, based on injuries and inconsistency the Bears need to invest in another QB to compete with him and give them a real option down the road to replace him if he does not improve.

I would like to see a 2-4th round pick invested in a QB that can be developed alongside Mitch "just in case" their is no downside to having another option.

1. Trubisky plays well and holds the job and you can trade the other QB.

2. New QB takes the job after Trubisky continues to not progress.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I would have been happy with it against the Vikings.

Especially if the Robinson OPI nonesense had counted and Cohen had not bobbled the long sideline pass.

You would have been killing Mitch for missing those passes out to the flat to extend the drive that Daniel was missing, be honest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

Nagy is very happy to let the defense close the game and not to make the mistake on offense that swings the game.

That won't always work, but right now it does.

Ok but do you believe that Chase is actually a better QB than Mitch and that they are treated fairly when compared to one another?

7 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I think 16 points is dog crap, but to be fair they mostly tried to run clock offensively and defensively in 2nd half especially the whole 4th quarter.  

It was a mass prevent.  

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

You would have been killing Mitch for missing those passes out to the flat to extend the drive that Daniel was missing, be honest.

Those were bad misses, and yes he should be killed for those, but I am also not getting very excited about Daniel, we know he is going to turn back into a pumpkin at some point.

Just now, topwop1 said:

Ok but do you believe that Chase is actually a better QB than Mitch and that they are treated fairly when compared to one another?

God no. I would not play Daniel over Trubisky.

I am looking for some actual competition for Mitch, not a guy who can fill in twice a season.

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Everyone outside and many inside think Daniel is better than MT now.

I can tell you watching them practice Daniel is not better.  

Daniel came in and played very well to start, but he got worse as game went on.  He made some great plays, but missed some easy throws that would have moved chains.

Nagy said MT had a great week of practice.  With better protection this game then previous 3 I think we would have seen an equal or better game from MT.  

Big difference is Daniel can read a defense and MT can't, but big difference other direction is he is 1/10th the athlete MT is.   

Maybe MT would not have done better because Vikings seemed to be feeding off fact that they were playing MT.  Mentaller they feel they can beat him and don't quit.  Once he went down and Daniel started hot, combined with defensive play, they kind of deflated.

They weren't sure how to play Daniel it seemed.  

Lets not pretend 16 points is great.  16 points suck.   Especially with D playing like it is.

You're probably right.  Your front office agrees with you and that's why Mitch is starting.  I'm no expert, but I'm not a Trubisky hater either.  I'll go so far as to say that I'm a mini-Bears fan in my spare time.  :)  Mitch has a much better arm, and he can probably make throws that Daniel can't.  The thing is, you have to be able to see the open receiver if you want to make those throws.  If you can't see your receivers getting open, it doesn't matter how athletic you are or how good of an arm you have.  Maybe Mitch will get better in this area, but he's in his third season and he hasn't progressed as quickly as you would like.  It all comes down to how long you want to wait with the current beastly roster you have around him.  As I said, I'm sure no expert, so I really don't know what is the right answer to that question. 

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

God no. I would not play Daniel over Trubisky.

I am looking for some actual competition for Mitch, not a guy who can fill in twice a season.

Ok good because it's actually pretty pathetic that a lot of meatballs are coming out and saying that Chase is a better starting QB for this team.