Final Fantasy Tactics Mafia (Ivalice wins!)

TheKillerNacho

49 minutes ago, rackcs said:

How was Forge cryptic? He's been very forthcoming with info and answered many questions. I have no clue about the theme of this game but I understood everything he said. I don't see how you could read that and come away thinking he was at all cryptic.

As for Dome, I don't see how that's noteworthy at all. It seems very clear why he brought that stuff up and why he asked the questions he did.

I don't see either of those two things as noteworthy.

9 hours ago, Forge said:

The war for regency is only a part of the game. The first two chapters. You never go there, and the bad guys in the end game aren't them. I lean toward toward heretic aligned, because I have some info, but not enough to be concrete and it's just a logical conclusion. What I know could also just be a fictional alignment in the game. 

Malf was TG Cid. Delita and ovelia also confirmed. 

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Her brother is an infant.

I have reason to believe the main scum alignment is "heretic aligned", not zodiac stone aligned. I believe the main scum group are the holders of the zodiac stones

8 hours ago, Forge said:

I actually agree about the names being interesting, but for other reasons. 

Have you had your morning coffee Racks? Because that is the definition of cryptic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

As for Dome, I don't see how that's noteworthy at all. It seems very clear why he brought that stuff up and why he asked the questions he did.

For this part of the convo... Reread pickles role. Ill let you connect the dots. Or overlook the obvious. Up to you.

27 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Pretty sure you say this in just about any game 

Just when you're scum

17 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Have you had your morning coffee Racks? Because that is the definition of cryptic. 

Obviously he didn't give everything away but I don't know that I'd call it cryptic. Like I said, I think he was pretty forthcoming with information.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

For this part of the convo... Reread pickles role. Ill let you connect the dots. Or overlook the obvious. Up to you.

I connected the dots, that's what I'm saying. You're the one who is missing obvious things. Or at least I don't know why you think it's noteworthy that both dome and forge aren't revealing every bit of info they have. 

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Obviously he didn't give everything away but I don't know that I'd call it cryptic. Like I said, I think he was pretty forthcoming with information.

That is literally the definition of cryptic. 

"having a meaning that is mysterious or obscure."

^^^^ So you wouldnt call something the literal definition of the word? How does that make sense.

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I connected the dots, that's what I'm saying. You're the one who is missing obvious things. Or at least I don't know why you think it's noteworthy that both dome and forge aren't revealing every bit of info they have. 

I dont think you did. Because you are clearly not picking up what I am suggesting as a possibility. 

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The last time I got into a petty semantic argument in which both of us starting arguing about words/definitions and posted their meaning, Matts was town. Just my gut based off of past games/meta.

Its not my fault that you all dont understand definitions. Tell'm @SwAg

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

That is literally the definition of cryptic. 

"having a meaning that is mysterious or obscure."

^^^^ So you wouldnt call something the literal definition of the word? How does that make sense.

I dont think you did. Because you are clearly not picking up what I am suggesting as a possibility. 

You're missing my point in that I think it was mischaracterizing that interaction as a whole. Obviously Forge isn't going to give away everything but I still think he was forthcoming overall. I have a problem with your overall description of that interaction as cryptic when I think for the most part he was helpful. And I wouldn't ding someone or consider it noteworthy if someone didn't blab all of their info out, especially when it seems that they themselves are not overly clear on what they have.

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

racks

When you start protecting people in thread it always makes me question you

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

I trust Swag and Mwil the rest of you can kick rocks

Isnt this what you are doing with Swag and Mwil? Isnt this what Tk3 was doing with Pickle as well? When has he ever called me or Pickle as a town read on D1...its usually burn them alive, so he can see and hear our screams regardless of alignment

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

How was Forge cryptic? He's been very forthcoming with info and answered many questions. I have no clue about the theme of this game but I understood everything he said. I don't see how you could read that and come away thinking he was at all cryptic.

I don't see either of those two things as noteworthy.

tenor.gif

5 minutes ago, The Orca said:

Isnt this what you are doing with Swag and Mwil? Isnt this what Tk3 was doing with Pickle as well? When has he ever called me or Pickle as a town read on D1...its usually burn them alive, so he can see and hear our screams regardless of alignment

Who is this "he" you are talking about? Me?

Also, YOU are the one who has, by his own admission, been out to get ME the last 5 games.

I also love how you conveniently leave out the part where last game I was dead right about BOTH of you and how this game I was dead right about PICKLE.

3 minutes ago, rackcs said:

You're missing my point in that I think it was mischaracterizing that interaction as a whole. Obviously Forge isn't going to give away everything but I still think he was forthcoming overall.

"forthcoming".... Hard disagree. All he did was share some thematic knowledge. Thats not really divulging information. Its more of just teaching the cliff notes. 

If in Marvel someone said "Who is spiderman" and I said "Kid named peter parker, got bit by a spider, now has spider powers" is that "forthcoming"

I have a problem with your overall description of that interaction as cryptic when I think for the most part he was helpful.

I didnt say he wasnt helpful. He was obviously helpful in explaining the intricacies from the game. I appreciated his contribution. 

And I wouldn't ding someone or consider it noteworthy if someone didn't blab all of their info out, especially when it seems that they themselves are not overly clear on what they have.

You really need to reread. I didnt ask him to blab his information. I just noted he brought it up multiple times without sharing. Its kinda like that kid in highschool who walks up to you and says:

"oh man I have a juicy secret"

"but I cant tell you"

"but this secret is sooooo gooood".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On top of that, I still dont think you connected the dots on Dome. Pickles role says *ANY* move on the princess will convert her. Dome clearly investigated her last night.

1. So Dome is either civ and wants to know if his results are correct.

or

2. Not civ and wondering why he was unable to convert her. Which is why he kept asking about who all/which factions could/cant convert her.