Final Fantasy Tactics Mafia (Ivalice wins!)

TheKillerNacho

Just now, bcb1213 said:

What?  You're would tracker pickle, or watch pickle

Invest is pretty cut and dry.  Now whether that be character or alignment  type I could understand 

That was really the point that I was trying to differentiate on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Did you mean "talking" instead of "on" here?

I'm saying that an invest is different from an investigation.

I.E.

If I was a tracker like Whicker, I'd invest in Pickle and figure out that he visited (himself I assume because of a redirect, LOL), whereas if I was Malf, I could compare alignments (I think it was Malf, 2 shot alignment compare). I would say that those are invests.

I view an investigator as someone who is more like an alignment cop.

So, I view these things as different/an important difference.

In the 5-7 years of playing I have never, ever heard anyone use the words this way.

Just now, bcb1213 said:

What?  You're would tracker pickle, or watch pickle

Invest is pretty cut and dry.  Now whether that be character or alignment  type I could understand 

Yup. Invest is just a shorthand for investigation. 

Just now, rackcs said:

Lol I'm not arguing this with you any further matts. I've got the dumb or scum label on you this game pretty firmly.

No different than any other game tbh. 

But just know this, when it comes out I am correct - - I am going to call you on your bullsheet. Just like last time you made this assertation and then looked the fool.

49 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

What are you on about? 

Also, @MWil23, this question was me sarcastically attempting trying to point out invest/investigation shorthand by using a shorthand

20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Did you mean "talking" instead of "on" here?

Nope

what are you on about?

"what do you mean?"

it is a shortened version on "what are you going on about?" or "what are you talking about?"

usually used when someone is not making sense for extended periods of time or if you feel like you've missed something.

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/8540/what-is-what-are-you-on-about-on-about/460662

Or if you want the official definition:

meaning "what do you mean?"

it is a shortened version on "what are you going on about?" or "what are you talking about?"

usually used when someone is not making sense for extended periods of time or if you feel like you've missed something.

can be lengthened to show complete and utter confusion.
eg.
what the **** are you on about?
what, exactly, are you on about?
what the **** are you on about, exactly?
what the ******* hell are you on about you ******* ****? how's about you learn to ******* speak english?

Edited by Matts4313

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

But just know this, when it comes out I am correct - - I am going to call you on your bullsheet. Just like last time you made this assertation and then looked the fool.

Correct about what? I don't think we were ever disagreeing on the facts, merely the interpretation of what happened. You think Forge was being cryptic and I don't at all. If you're talking about the Pickle thing then lol if you seriously think that this statement

56 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

*ANY* move on the princess will convert her.

is correct then I know which direction I'm leaning in on the dumb or scum thing.

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I also would love to know what other time you think you made me look like a fool.

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

Correct about what? I don't think we were ever disagreeing on the facts, merely the interpretation of what happened.

Yeah, I defined it correctly and you said you had "no clue" how I could find any of it cryptic "at all" <== inclusionary. 

So you were both wrong by definition and by loose interpretation. Double wrong.

You think Forge was being cryptic and I don't at all.

Then you still dont understand:

1. The word cryptic

2. The phrase "at all"

If you're talking about the Pickle thing then lol if you seriously think that this statement

Cmon. Be better. Try to read in full sentences and comprehend an entire paragraph without letting singular words distract you.

"On top of that, I still dont think you connected the dots on Dome. Pickles role says *ANY* move on the princess will convert her. Dome clearly investigated her last night.

1. So Dome is either civ and wants to know if his results are correct.

or

2. Not civ and wondering why he was unable to convert her. Which is why he kept asking about who all/which factions could/cant convert her."

is correct then I know which direction I'm leaning in on the dumb or scum thing.

I clearly stated that "Pickles role" in reference to... ya know.. "Pickle" and his particular "role".

What I then said, and let me rephrase to more clearly emphasize my point:

1. Dome is worried that he found a civ, but that civ could later be converted, negating his clear.

or

2. Dome is a scum investigator, whom also has the ability to convert her, and is wondering why it failed. So he is fishing to see what the competition for the princess is.

Is that clear enough?