NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

10 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Just for the record I was on LeBron about similar critiques as well. I always said LeBron does not make other stars better he takes away from them. Just perhaps spot-up shooting role-players. Dwyane Wade Chris Bosh Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love all sunk performance-wise playing with LeBron. Finally now and his 17th year or whatever he has learned to be more of a passive first score of second which is why Anthony Davis is playing very well and so are the Lakers.

Luka only has one of those star player with him on his roster and as already taking the ball out of his hands many many times.

Can't imagine any other star player wanting to play with Luka.

As far as Dallas is record without Luka, with their Four wins they've beaten Milwaukee Philadelphia and Indiana all on the road which alone is an amazing accomplishment.

LeBron consistently leads some of the greatest playoff offenses of all time. The majority of this season the Mavericks had the highest ORTG in NBA history. They dominate the ball because it works. 

6 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

LeBron consistently leads some of the greatest playoff offenses of all time. The majority of this season the Mavericks had the highest ORTG in NBA history. They dominate the ball because it works. 

I admittedly don't followup with stats, so I could be wrong, but with or without Luka in the lineup, in many games that I watch, Dallas' offense stays at a high ORTG. And that is far more a credit to Coach RC than anything. Just like @Tyronnosaurus says. And I agree.

But let me lay it all out on the table, I don't hate on Luka.. I do feel he is the best, most polished 20 YO ever. He has the instincts and passing of a savy vet. What I do hate is the pendulum swinging so far past where he actually is. It's like he can't do anything wrong, he is already a Super star, yet he hasn't really accomplished anything yet outside of individual statistics, which I see sometimes, not always as "empty stats". Similar to Trae Young. Difference being Dallas has really good role players and perhaps the best coach in BB. Luka isn't a good defender and really doesn't step up in the 4th quarter. I also want to see how he steps up HIS game in the playoffs. 

I remember Ben Simmons was all the talk a few years ago as a "top 10"player possibly a "top 5" player etc.. before he played in the playoffs and revealed how truly flawed his game is. 

I can not rate where Luka is until I get some playoff idea of what he can do. He might be top 10 or maybe top 20. Time will tell.  I am not a "prisoner of the moment" type of fan. way more has to be proven to me before I start praising a player the way that many do. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No, that's fine. But the part about this NOW being a story and Grizzlies players being upset. Fans thinking he should show up if not traded. You can be upset if Iggy for wanting this type of arrangement in the first place, but nothing that has happened in the last few days should come to a shock to anyone. The players being upset at something everyone knew months ago is laughable. They should have mentioned this from the beginning of the season. 

Oh well, maybe Grizzlies get the Dubs in the playoffs next year and Morant and Brooks and the crew can get their payback…. 

It's because they are getting asked about it all the time leading up to the deadline otherwise they wouldn't have said anything. They aren't just randomly taking shots at Iggy lol. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

It's because they are getting asked about it all the time leading up to the deadline otherwise they wouldn't have said anything. They aren't just randomly taking shots at Iggy lol. 

Kind of are. Being asked about him doesn't mean they have to take shots at him. Then going on Twitter and doubling down on it. 

Now, no issue with the players doing what they are. Just feels random AF when they should have known about what was going to happen all along. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Kind of are. Being asked about him doesn't mean they have to take shots at him. Then going on Twitter and doubling down on it. 

Now, no issue with the players doing what they are. Just feels random AF when they should have known about what was going to happen all along. 

They aren't taking shots tho lol. Brooks said he didn't care and then Ja posted the "speak" emoji. Brooks even said they know he's doing what's best for him. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

They aren't taking shots tho lol. Brooks said he didn't care and then Ja posted the "speak" emoji. Brooks even said they know he's doing what's best for him. 

Maybe just the quote they are highlighting then because I haven't heard the full interview. But Ja tweeting that like they are about to give Iggy the work lol. Okay cool, next year they may see Iggy in the playoffs and can get the ultimate revenge. 

20 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Maybe just the quote they are highlighting then because I haven't heard the full interview. But Ja tweeting that like they are about to give Iggy the work lol. Okay cool, next year they may see Iggy in the playoffs and can get the ultimate revenge. 

Lol what? There really was nothing to this entire thing but 👍

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Let's have proper perspective. Iggy was coming from the best team the last five years and was traded simply because Warriors had to move him to take on DLO's contract. Grizzlies traded for him to get a pick and then pretty much auction him to the highest bidder. The Grizzlies were not seen as a playoff team before the season and the FO was fine with Iggy not wanting to report until he got traded. Iggy was NEVER in the plans for the Grizzlies this season as it was obvious what they wanted to do without him. Now, if folks are still upset that Iggy took this approach and feel he should have reported regardless since he is getting paid 16M? That's perfectly fine and reasonable opinion to have. But all parties knew what they were getting themselves into. The own FO didn't think the team was going to be this good. 

You don't think having a veteran, champion presence like Iggy on the team would have been part of the plan? You don't think they'd have rather had him playing/helping than Solomon Hill or Josh Jackson? Maybe it would have just been a bonus, but you have no idea how Memphis was going to treat Iggy.

Maybe it's as simple as you say and the front office and Iggy were both fine not being part of the team, but that doesn't mean the players can't be a little peeved at Iggy essentially saying he's too good for this team and shouldn't be wasting his time.

Iggy isn't the first and won't be the last veteran who would have toiled away on a bad team after experiencing a lot of team success. Sorry not sorry man.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

You don't think having a veteran, champion presence like Iggy on the team would have been part of the plan? You don't think they'd have rather had him playing/helping than Solomon Hill or Josh Jackson? Maybe it would have just been a bonus, but you have no idea how Memphis was going to treat Iggy.

Maybe it's as simple as you say and the front office and Iggy were both fine not being part of the team, but that doesn't mean the players can't be a little peeved at Iggy essentially saying he's too good for this team and shouldn't be wasting his time.

Iggy isn't the first and won't be the last veteran who would have toiled away on a bad team after experiencing a lot of team success. Sorry not sorry man.

So you actually think the Grizzlies traded for Iggy for the purpose of him helping the team this season and trying to auction him to the highest bidder? 

I mean if the FO wasn't fine with it then he would get fined for not showing up, sample as that. If they badly wanted him then he would have no choice but to report. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So you actually think the Grizzlies traded for Iggy for the purpose of him helping the team this season and trying to auction him to the highest bidder? 

I mean if the FO wasn't fine with it then he would get fined for not showing up, sample as that. If they badly wanted him then he would have no choice but to report. 

No, I don't think it was the main purpose of the trade, but like I said, that doesn't mean it wasn't a bonus to be bringing in a veteran player with championship experience to be a leader in the locker room for the cubs. The 1st was the priority, but that doesn't mean Iggy was an afterthought and Memphis only wanted him just to immediately trade him.

That's not a good look for the team at all. There's no getting around it. Memphis had the right to do that, but plenty of people would spin that kind of story and make the Grizzlies look like the bad guys.

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

I admittedly don't followup with stats, so I could be wrong, but with or without Luka in the lineup, in many games that I watch, Dallas' offense stays at a high ORTG. And that is far more a credit to Coach RC than anything. Just like @Tyronnosaurus says. And I agree.

But let me lay it all out on the table, I don't hate on Luka.. I do feel he is the best, most polished 20 YO ever. He has the instincts and passing of a savy vet. What I do hate is the pendulum swinging so far past where he actually is. It's like he can't do anything wrong, he is already a Super star, yet he hasn't really accomplished anything yet outside of individual statistics, which I see sometimes, not always as "empty stats". Similar to Trae Young. Difference being Dallas has really good role players and perhaps the best coach in BB. Luka isn't a good defender and really doesn't step up in the 4th quarter. I also want to see how he steps up HIS game in the playoffs. 

I remember Ben Simmons was all the talk a few years ago as a "top 10"player possibly a "top 5" player etc.. before he played in the playoffs and revealed how truly flawed his game is. 

I can not rate where Luka is until I get some playoff idea of what he can do. He might be top 10 or maybe top 20. Time will tell.  I am not a "prisoner of the moment" type of fan. way more has to be proven to me before I start praising a player the way that many do. 

Honestly, Luka has been pretty disappointing the past month. Prior to that there really weren't many complaints to be made based on where he was for his age. His shot selection and D have been noticeably worse recently. My main point was in regards to dominating the ball. He does it like LeBron does. There is a reason for that though. LeBron-ball is extremely effective when you have someone capable of pulling it off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

No, I don't think it was the main purpose of the trade, but like I said, that doesn't mean it wasn't a bonus to be bringing in a veteran player with championship experience to be a leader in the locker room for the cubs. The 1st was the priority, but that doesn't mean Iggy was an afterthought and Memphis only wanted him just to immediately trade him.

That's not a good look for the team at all. There's no getting around it. Memphis had the right to do that, but plenty of people would spin that kind of story and make the Grizzlies look like the bad guys.

I mean wouldn't be a good look for Iggy either if they fined him and he still refused to report. Just saying, if they really wanted him then his hand could have been forced. 

I just bet the FO isn't too upset with the way everything has been handled. They just wanted to get two potential picks for Iggy and preferably a 1st rounder before the deadline. They may or may not get that but everything else is gravy. 

16 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Honestly, Luka has been pretty disappointing the past month. Prior to that there really weren't many complaints to be made based on where he was for his age. His shot selection and D have been noticeably worse recently. My main point was in regards to dominating the ball. He does it like LeBron does. There is a reason for that though. LeBron-ball is extremely effective when you have someone capable of pulling it off.

FairPoint

• Like 1