NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

Tatum basically carried the Boston Celtics to one game from the championship series with no Kyrie and no Gordon Hayward and you say Tatum has not proven himself and yet Don chick who has not played a game in the playoffs yet has. Caried nothing of significant yey end you tell me to shut up and sit down. 

You are right about one thing we will see..

Whatever you say, hoss. You're right. We're all wrong. 

Wait...you're using "no Kyrie" as a way to prove that he carried a team to an "almost" scenario but then blame Kyrie for his second year struggles? Which is it hoss? You can't have both.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Whatever you say, hoss. You're right. We're all wrong. 

Wait...you're using "no Kyrie" as a way to prove that he carried a team to an "almost" scenario but then blame Kyrie for his second year struggles? Which is it hoss? You can't have both.

It is exactly that when Kyrie was not there Jayson Tatum's usage rate or go to Ability was number one and he proved himself but once Kyrie came back all hell broke loose in a Boston Celtics had one of if not the most disappointing years in the NBA so which part am I wrong about

5 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

He's worse at shooting (a lot of that due to shot selection) and man defense. That's about it.

And it's really not even a huge disparity. Tatum is the better 3 point shooter right now but, overall, on jump shots last year Luka shot 37.4% on 878 attempts while Tatum shot 37.9% on 768 attempts. So his one strength above Luka isn't even a huge advantage. Tatum was also assisted on 61% of his jumpers while Luka was assisted on 29%. So Luka shot a similar percentage basically on pull ups than Tatum did on a majority of looks that were off the pass. 

BUT THE EYE TEST DOE STATS DONT MATTER

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

And it's really not even a huge disparity. Tatum is the better 3 point shooter right now but, overall, on jump shots last year Luka shot 37.4% on 878 attempts while Tatum shot 37.9% on 768 attempts. So his one strength above Luka isn't even a huge advantage. Tatum was also assisted on 61% of his jumpers while Luka was assisted on 29%. So Luka shot a similar percentage basically on pull ups than Tatum did on a majority of looks that we off the pass. 

Yep. The difficulty on Luka's looks are generally tougher than Tatum's. Still overall more efficient because he's much better at creating for himself.

8 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Cool. Doesn't change the fact that Luka is better than Tatum at:

Scoring

Ballhandling

Rebounding

Playmaking

Getting to the line

Playing passing lanes

Overall basketball IQ

He's worse at shooting (a lot of that due to shot selection) and man defense. That's about it.

This is my last post tonight but will happily continue this debate if that's what you want to call it tomorrow in a meantime Doncic would not. Be better at anything but passing ic usuagd rates and or teammates were the same

Edited by resilient part 2

This is my last post tonight but will happily continue this debate if that's what you want to call it tomorrow in a meantime Doncic would not. Be better at anything but passing ic usuagd rates and of teammates were the same

LOL

Good god, keep moving those goal posts. Now it's "if the situations were the same." Newsflash, basketball doesn't work that way. MOVE THEM GOALPOSTS PLAYBOI.

This is my last post tonight but will happily continue this debate if that's what you want to call it tomorrow in a meantime Doncic would not. Be better at anything but passing ic usuagd rates and of teammates were the same

How do you even get off saying this? You have to be trolling.

• Like 1

Just now, Tyronnosaurus said:

LeBron

Kawhi

Curry

Giannis

Davis

Embiid

Jokic

Harden

George

Towns

Lillard

I can’t think of anyone else who is easily better than Luka. He could very well be a top 10 player in the NBA at the end of the season. Personally I’m taking Luka over Lillard and Towns.

He's up there with LeBron for the greatest 20 year old in NBA history. He's definitely top 15 now. 10 is tougher but attainable.

2 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

I can’t think of anyone else who is easily better than Luka. He could very well be a top 10 player in the NBA at the end of the season. Personally I’m taking Luka over Lillard and Towns.

I can't quite get behind this because KAT is SO DAMN CLOSE to best player in the league territory. If he plays defense like he did the first few games this year, all year, he'll take the thrown in no time. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

I can't quite get behind this because KAT is SO DAMN CLOSE to best player in the league territory. If he plays defense like he did the first few games this year, all year, he'll take the thrown in no time. 

That’s definitely fair. Seems like Towns puts up 35/19 every night.