Broncos OLB Bradley Chubb tears ACL; out for year

RaidersAreOne

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

Eh. The Raiders game they just got their butts kicked. The Packers game is a typical "do a lot of things well but make too many mistakes" road loss for a young team. They went 0-2 in coin flip games, so they probably should be 1-3. 

I wasn’t talking about the packers game, that was the game they got beat.  I thought the broncos should have won all of their games with the exception of the Packers game

4 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

They have to be considering it already.  Not because Flacco has played badly (which he really hasn’t), but because the season is basically lost at this point and Elway has to do something to make it looks like he has a plan.  As long as he attaches himself to Lock at some point this season, he can probably buy himself an extra year of “evaluation”

I agree, but there are 2 factors. Flacco isnt the real problem he has actually played well and at the beginning of this season they seemed pretty comitted to him because they didnt think Lock was going to be ready this year. I would think a 1-8 start could change that plan but the Broncos never seemed like a team that made snap decisions or desperate decisions. 

Also, if they are going to be picking bottom 3 next year--they have to know what the have with Lock first. That part is crucial.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, footbull3196 said:

I wasn’t talking about the packers game, that was the game they got beat.  I thought the broncos should have won all of their games with the exception of the Packers game

Why should they have won the Raiders game? The Raiders completely dominated that game. 

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Why should they have won the Raiders game? The Raiders completely dominated that game. 

No they dominated the first quarter and a half.  Broncos moved the ball really well once down 14-0, just that Hamilton dropped a perfect dime in the end zone and they had to keep settling for field goals inside the 10

Either way, I can understand if you think the raiders would have still pulled it off.  Denver should at least be 2–2 though, especially considering the refs completely took the win against Chicago away from them

Edited by footbull3196

15 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Well, their chances of picking #1 overall have certainly improved... ugh.

yep, but there seems to be a lot of competition for that this year.

anyway..terrible news for Chubb and the Broncos. Hope for a full recovery and back strong next year

Just now, footbull3196 said:

No they dominated the first quarter and a half.  Broncos moved the ball really well once down 14-0, just that Sutton dropped a perfect dime in the end zone and they had to keep setting for field goals inside the 10

Either way, I can understand if you think the raiders would have still pulled it off.  Denver should at least be 2–2 though, especially considering the refs completely took the win against Chicago away from them

Hamilton, but that stuff happens. The self-destruction every time they got in scoring range isn't some bad break. Denver was down 24-9 and couldn't get in the end zone until the Raiders starting trading yards for clock. They were just outplayed. 

And the refs didn't take the game away, that's nonsense. All Denver had to do was stop a 4th and 15 and they couldn't do it. They deserved to lose after that. But 7-point or less games you expect to go .500 in, so I definitely don't view this as an 0-4 team. 1-3 though, that fits. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Because they were a Hamilton dropped open TD pass on the goal line away from that being a tie game in the 4th. Instead they lost by 1 possession.

You can't plug in different results while expecting the rest of the game to play out the same way. The Raiders completely outplayed the Broncos in every phase. 

• Like 1

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

You can't plug in different results while expecting the rest of the game to play out the same way. The Raiders completely outplayed the Broncos in every phase. 

They did, but that game was not unwinable. Not going to pile on but the Broncos are 2 last second FGs and a dropped 4th QTR TD away from potentially being 2-2 or 3-1. I know they are not but its just interesting to see what type of direction this team will head for the rest of the year. There is WAY too much talent on that roster to be a bottom 3 team in the league--and I think thats where coaching comes in to blame.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

They did, but that game was not unwinable. Not going to pile on but the Broncos are 2 last second FGs and a dropped 4th QTR TD away from potentially being 2-2 or 3-1. I know they are not but its just interesting to see what type of direction this team will head for the rest of the year. There is WAY too much talent on that roster to be a bottom 3 team in the league--and I think thats where coaching comes in to blame.

There's nothing that screams "losing culture" more than these "____ away from ____" semantics. It's embarrassing. The organization is a dumpster fire, and the only things that have made games worth watching have been the young guys.

7 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

There's nothing that screams "losing culture" more than these "____ away from ____" semantics. It's embarrassing. The organization is a dumpster fire, and the only things that have made games worth watching have been the young guys.

I dont think there is a fanbase more pessimistic about they team when they win/lose than Broncos fans. Its insanity.