Week 5 Games

Leader

Favorites List 5.0

Green Bay over Dallas (H)
Seattle (H) over Los Angeles Rams - (GD change from LAR)
Tennessee (H) over Buffalo (BUF w/better record but against lesser opponents. TEN O has scored more while D has given up less)
Arizona over Cincinnati (H) - (Snoozer Game of the Week)
Chicago over Oakland (L) - (OAK doesnt have enough to win this)
New Orleans (H) over Tampa Bay - (Better teams wins. If they dont, might have to start taking TB seriously)
Minnesota over New York Giants (H) - (MN should win...but you never know. The force is strong with Danny Dimes)
Philadelphia (H) over New York Jets - (The NYJ's have nothing going for them till Darnold returns)
Baltimore over Pittsburgh (H) - Another AFCN rivalry game. Both teams are flawed - but PIT more so IMO)
New England over Washington (H) - (WA isnt tanking...but perhaps they should consider it. It would give their season purpose)
Carolina (H) over Jacksonville - (Kyle Allen over Minshew? Minshew over Allen? CAR is at home...I guess that matters)
Houston (H) over Atlanta - (HOU's about as .500 as they come and ATL cant figure out how bad they are. Coin flip game)
Los Angeles Chargers (H) over Denver - (The Elway watch is growing and Vic Fangio's wondering what he got into)
Kansas City (H) over Indianapolis - (I just cant see INDY pulling this off)
Cleveland over San Francisco (H)
Bye - Detroit ; Miami

Wish List

Green Bay over Dallas (H)
Oakland over Chicago (L)
Tampa Bay over New Orleans (H) - (NO letdown game?)
New York Giants (H) over Minnesota - (Upset special of the week. Can DJ magic deepen MN Cousins misery?)
New York Jets over Philadelphia (H) - (AFC over NFC)
Washington (H) over New England - (Does anybody root for NE to win?)
Jacksonville over Carolina - (AFC over NFC)
Houston (H) over Atlanta - (AFC over NFC)
Indianapolis over Kansas City (H) - (Not gonna happen...but it would be nice to hand KC an L)
Cleveland over San Francisco (H) - (AFC over NFC)

Week 4 record:  7 + 8
YTD:  29 + 26
Week 5 record:  10 + 5
YTD:  39 + 31

Edited by Leader

There's a great chance Minnesota could lose to the Giants and not even because of Kurt Cousins. The Giants have seemed to find offense outside of Saquon Barkley.

I don't think Baltimore beats Pittsburgh. Cleveland completely exposed Baltimore's defense last week and the last time I checked, Pittsburgh's OL is better than that of Cleveland's.

Jacksonville will beat Carolina because Gardner Minshew is one of the few....the proud...the random children of Chuck Norris...

1 hour ago, Joe said:

There's a great chance Minnesota could lose to the Giants and not even because of Kurt Cousins. The Giants have seemed to find offense outside of Saquon Barkley.

I don't think Baltimore beats Pittsburgh. Cleveland completely exposed Baltimore's defense last week and the last time I checked, Pittsburgh's OL is better than that of Cleveland's.

Jacksonville will beat Carolina because Gardner Minshew is one of the few....the proud...the random children of Chuck Norris...

There's definitely some games to consider and my choices may change still.

I dont know, but after watching them against CIN - I'm thoroughly unimpressed by PIT.  The BALT D isnt what it used to be and the character of their offense has changed....but I'm thinking they can handle this PIT crew.

Dont count out Kyle Allen. CAR's (apparently) playing at a different (probably more productive.....) level with him as starter. True, Minshew's got a "cat with nine lives" character to him currently....but we shall see.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Dont count out Kyle Allen. CAR's (apparently) playing at a different (probably more productive.....) level with him as starter. 

That's because Cam Newton sucks. He has no precision, which is why they drafted a bunch of WR's over 6-5 at one point. Now they're going for speed and precision with the new OC and Cam is ill-fitted for that offense as a result.

They oughtta trade Cam...

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

That's because Cam Newton sucks. He has no precision, which is why they drafted a bunch of WR's over 6-5 at one point. Now they're going for speed and precision with the new OC and Cam is ill-fitted for that offense as a result. They oughtta trade Cam...

Agree. Cam would regularly "fly" many of his passes.....almost killed Kelvin Benjamin a few times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Agree. Cam would regularly "fly" many of his passes.....almost killed Kelvin Benjamin a few times.

I have a friend that lives outside Greensboro, NC. He says it's painful watching Cam play for that reason alone.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

I have a friend that lives outside Greensboro, NC. He says it's painful watching Cam play for that reason alone.

Know it well. Went to school in Winston-Salem and saw Led Zeppelin for the first time in Greensboro (of all places) :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe said:

That's because Cam Newton sucks. He has no precision, which is why they drafted a bunch of WR's over 6-5 at one point. Now they're going for speed and precision with the new OC and Cam is ill-fitted for that offense as a result.

They oughtta trade Cam...

What do you give up for a 30 year old QB with a bum throwing shoulder and a lisfranc injury

24 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

What do you give up for a 30 year old QB with a bum throwing shoulder and a lisfranc injury

I think what happens is that those two things heal for the rest of this season and the trade would be made in the offseason.