Dashaun Watson's exchange with reporter after the loss to Carolina.

TecmoSuperJoe

Just now, VanS said:

So you're saying you guys don't have any honest debate here then?

Cause to censor any discussion of race in relation to sports is to ignore the pink elephant in the middle of the room.  

I didn't call anybody names or disparage any race btw.  All I did was point out the pink elephant in the room.  

It is absolutely, 100%, a no fly zone

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

what deshaun said was super basic, I don't get the "oh that was super amazing" takes. football fans really didn't know the basics of a cover 4?

as far as the op question, it probably would get annoying if the broadcast team got super breakdowny in the middle of the game. also it would probably be pretty hard to identify it off the top and still be good at calling the game. if you watch people who breakdown plays on twitter/yt they could take a couple minutes on a single play. so that would be weird if they are consistently doing that in the middle of the game. maybe during halftime or like challenges, etc. It would probably mess the flow up

The reporter didn't ask about cover 4, it was part of Watson's answer. He was asked why they didn't go deep more. Watson said they went into cover 4 and then explained how they attacked it. That is what people liked.

The NFL has mandatory press conferences. Players have to get up and speak to the press, and the NFL certainly doesn't tell any of them to sound less intelligent than they are. They put players on TV and tell them they have to speak or be fined. There is no NFL mandated conspiracy to make people feel intellectually superior to anyone else, nor an NFL mandated conspiracy to keep people from feeling intellectually inferior from others. There is no money in that.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

The reporter didn't ask about cover 4, it was part of Watson's answer. He was asked why they didn't go deep more. Watson said they went into cover 4 and then explained how they attacked it. That is what people liked.

The only thing he said about how they attacked is they did double moves a couple times. So not really. 

And he also said they went cover 2 and 6.

He explained that safeties play back in cover 4. Pretty groundbreaking stuff there. 

It was annoying seeing people say I learned so much! Or he explained football!

I'm just saying he didn't even say that much. And if you didn't know safeties play back in cover 4 we probably shouldn't be discussing football w/ each other lol. 

14 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

"What if Trent Green or Tony Romo just turned their casual viewer filter off, and actually went full chalkboard during a live broadcast?"

I'd love it. I really would.

"Yeah we're just trying to do what's best for the team" Zzzzzzzzzz

Listen to some of Romos games he does. Hell he'll even call out the plays their going to run for that cherry on top. 

1 hour ago, AntonChigurh said:

How the hell is he supposed to answer that retarded question

@VanS talking about that race stuff before, though true, was definitely against the forum rules and even tho i disagree with it yeah rule enforced

but uhm i don’t know how to report people and i’d just like to ensure people who do **** that’s actually problematic also get their dues and using that word is absolutely deplorable

2 hours ago, VanS said:

So you're saying you guys don't have any honest debate here then?

Cause to censor any discussion of race in relation to sports is to ignore the pink elephant in the middle of the room.  

I didn't call anybody names or disparage any race btw.  All I did was point out the pink elephant in the room.  

Friend, I'm black, and even I think your take on this was out of thin air, and conspiracy level annoying. This isn't the place for it. :)

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

The only thing he said about how they attacked is they did double moves a couple times. So not really. 

He explained that safeties play back in cover 4. Pretty groundbreaking stuff there. 

I'm just saying he didn't even say that much. And if you didn't know safeties play back in cover 4 we probably shouldn't be discussing football w/ each other lol. 

Players never even go into that level of detail though. They should do it more I feel.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

That is literally the point. The reporter was asking why they didn't go deep more. Watson explained that the defense had gone into cover 4, so the few times they went deep it was on double moves. He then explained the player physics behind that. You're right that it isn't incredibly complicated, but you're also missing the point and then bragging about your knowledge. It's odd and it's a bad look.

Normally players would say, "we couldn't get it done" or "they played back" and leave it there. Watson went deeper, and people like that. If you need to be blown away by every piece of information coming your way, maybe talking football on the internet actually isn't for you in the first place.

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

you're also missing the point and then bragging about your knowledge. It's odd and it's a bad look.

my only point was that what he said wasn't anything super insightful or groundbreaking. And a lot of people were acting like it was. 

the og clip has 5.5 million views and 28k likes because he said it's hard to throw deep on cover 4...

I'm not sure what your point is but I don't think it has a lot to do with what I said. 

3 hours ago, Bobikus said:

@VanS was entirely spot on and having a forum for a sport with as much politics, especially racial politics, that goes into all aspects of it treat those things as a no-fly zone here hurts discussion more than it helps anything.

There are plenty of other places that allow that type of discussion though. One could just seek other avenues out.