What ideas do you have or would like to see

HDsportsfan

Before anybody biatch slaps me I'm not blaming todays loss on the refs. Played the game way way back in the day and level headed enough to know it doesn't work that way. So spare me the BS.

So league wide this whole "challenge pass interference" issue has turned into a debacle all across the league.

So what do you think could be implemented to make the current rules and policies work better? 

Just remove the ability to challenge?

Add another official to specifically review plays real time like in college?

Any ideas?

13 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Before anybody biatch slaps me I'm not blaming todays loss on the refs. Played the game way way back in the day and level headed enough to know it doesn't work that way. So spare me the BS.

So league wide this whole "challenge pass interference" issue has turned into a debacle all across the league.

So what do you think could be implemented to make the current rules and policies work better? 

Just remove the ability to challenge?

Add another official to specifically review plays real time like in college?

Any ideas?

I don't like replay

I don't like seeing a big play (for us or against us) and having to pause my emotions to see the replay, and then determine if there will be a challenge or not

I prefer seeing it happen, checking for flag or no flag (or sometimes hoping for a flag), reacting and then moving on to the next play

The less replay the better

I would like to see less flags across the board. There was a day when the officials were only there to blow the whistle and spot the ball. They would make a call or two during the game for egregious penalties.

But now the officials are part of the game. Hundreds of yards worth of penalties. HUNDREDS. It's ridiculous. The refs are putting up better yards totals than my fantasy team. 

I don't want to watch the officials. That's not why I signed up. I get the lawsuits have forced them to make the game safer, but holding and PI have **** all to do with head injuries.

I would really love a revolution that keeps the flags in the pocket unless it's egregious. If it's close LET THEM PLAY 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

I think my biggest issue is the lack of consistency. Which admittedly, would be and is not an easy task.

Thinking out loud, would an additional official either in the booth or on the field help or hurt?  

I don't see how it would help. Imo they are throwing to many flags. It's not that they aren't catching or covering enough of the field. Having more people running around with flags wouldn't be ideal for me.

The officials in the booth seem very reluctant to overturn field officials decision so I don't see their purpose at all. 

I listened to the retired official in the press box tell me that the Zeke fumble last week was a good call as they were showing his elbow down for like 2 seconds. 

Let Gene Steratore have the final call since he agrees the refs on the field screwed a call up. What’s the point of the monitoring a game from New York if they’re just gonna sit on they’re hands and do nothing. Forget the PI challenges and have New York correct the call if it’s wrong.