Jets QB Sam Darnold cleared to play

RaidersAreOne

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

When you have a bottom 7 nfl team, I call that bad. You can call that flawed if you want. Semantics.

I don't think they are a bottom 7 team so again say what you want about the record but they won't be one of the 7 worst teams so again flawed but not bad.

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

yes. They scored 8 offensive points against the Bills with Darnold. Their OL is really bad, the weapons are questionable. The defense is above average but I just don't see more than 5 wins for the Jets this year. Are they as bad as the Skins or Dolphins? No. But I also don't think they are better than the 23rd-25th team with Darnold.

The Patriots scored 7 against the Bills. So Darnold scored 1 more point with a OL that is really bad and weapons that are questionable than Tom Brady did. You sure this is the argument you want to make?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I don't think they are a bottom 7 team so again say what you want about the record but they won't be one of the 7 worst teams so again flawed but not bad.

lol

name four more teams (CIN, MIA, and WAS are granted) that are worse than the Jets.

I think there's a good chance the Jets finish with 5 wins or so since they have four free wins on their schedule with Miami x2, Cincinnati, and Washington. Throw in a game that they probably shouldn't win (Raiders most likely due to it being an East Coast game at 1pm) and I could see 5, which would probably put them above the bottom 7 standings-wise by technicality.

they're a bad team though.

Just now, NJerseypaint said:

The Patriots scored 7 against the Bills. So Darnold scored 1 more point with a OL that is really bad and weapons that are questionable than Tom Brady did. You sure this is the argument you want to make?

He doesn't he quickly went away after I said the same thing.  So funny that almost any team playing their 3rd string QB would be awful yet because Falk is so bad and they have had injuries pile up against good teams (NE, BUF, PHI) the injury riddled Jets now all of a sudden as a whole a a bad team.  

• Like 2

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

lol

name four more teams (CIN, MIA, and WAS are granted) that are worse than the Jets.

I think there's a good chance the Jets finish with 5 wins or so since they have four free wins on their schedule with Miami x2, Cincinnati, and Washington. Throw in a game that they probably shouldn't win and I could see 5, which would probably put them above the bottom 7 standings-wise by technicality.

they're a bad team though.

ARI, PIT, ATL, NYG, maybe DEN, TEN, CLE

Edited by Rockice_8

6 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

He doesn't he quickly went away after I said the same thing.  So funny that almost any team playing their 3rd string QB would be awful yet because Falk is so bad and they have had injuries pile up against good teams (NE, BUF, PHI) the injury riddled Jets now all of a sudden as a whole a a bad team.  

People just want to "LOL JETS" more than they want to think critically.

I don't think any NFL team missing the following: QB1, QB2, WR2, TE1, ILB1, ILB2, OLB1, DT1 would be expected to win against BUF, CLE, NE, PHI. Three of them are top 10 in defense (two in top 3) , and two are clear top offenses. But yeah, guess that Jets must be a bad team.

• Like 2

Just now, NJerseypaint said:

People just want to "LOL JETS" more than they want to think critically.

I don't think any NFL team missing the following: QB1, QB2, WR2, TE1, ILB1, ILB2, OLB1, DT1 would be expected to win against BUF, CLE, NE, PHI. Three of them are top 10 in defense (two in top 3) , and two are clear top offenses. But yeah, guess that Jets must be a bad team.

Almost fell out of my chair at work when getting Sam back "won't move the needle" is getting thrown around.  Guess if we would have pulled out the BUF game Sam would be a great QB but since he only scored 8 points he won't move the needle. 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef/2019

Jets #10 defensive DVOA with historically bad offense thanks to 3rd string QB.  Bad teams don't have top 10 defenses but what do I know.  

• Like 2

The great thing is that we’ll find out soon enough. We’ll be able to pull up this thread and see who was right and who was wrong. 

I think the Jets are a below average to average team with Darnold. He’s going to mask the issues along the OL. 

Without Darnold, we were heading for at most 2 wins. Hard to not win a game. 

With Darnold, I’m thinking 5 or 6. That’s moving the needle. 

17 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

Was Luke Faulk the worst qb ever?

Possibly. Worse I’ve seen on the Jets which includes Geno Smith, Bryce Petty and Mark Sanchez. We never saw Hack in the regular season so maybe not the worse. He was awful. A Philly defender literally grabbed the football from his hands and ran it back for a TD. It’s unfortunate, but he was bad all around. There’s really nothing he can go to in times of distress. Can’t throw the ball pass 15 yards without it looping in the air in slow motion. He also doesn’t seem mobile and has bad pocket awareness. Could be coaching. Idk. But he gave us no chance to stay in the game pass the first quarter. 

Edited by SDotNova

46 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Bad teams don't have top 10 defenses but what do I know.  

When did this become a thing? 

Would you call last year’s 5-11 Jaguars or 6-10 Broncos bad teams? Because they were ranked 5th and 6th in defensive DVOA. You can have a good defense and a bad team, just as you can have a good offense but a bad team. If the other sides of the football and coaching don’t carry their weight, it happens.

Jets aren’t bottom of the barrel, Miami-level. But they’re just slightly, just barely above. 

35 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Possibly. Worse I’ve seen on the Jets which includes Geno Smith, Bryce Petty and Mark Sanchez. We never saw Hack in the regular season so maybe not the worse. He was awful. A Philly defender literally grabbed the football from his hands and ran it back for a TD. It’s unfortunate, but he was bad all around. There’s really nothing he can go to in times of distress. Can’t throw the ball pass 15 yards without it looping in the air in slow motion. He also doesn’t seem mobile and has bad pocket awareness. Could be coaching. Idk. But he gave us no chance to stay in the game pass the first quarter. 

At least Peterman was trying, this man really was the least exciting qb i've ever seen.