(Polls) Do You Believe ...

Mind Character

(Polls) Do You Believe ...  

44 members have voted

1. 1. (Polls) Do You Believe Freddie Kitchens is Going to be a Good Head Coach for the Browns?

• Yes, although it's a struggle right now, but I still believe Freddie is going to be a good head coach.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • No, it might be early, but I've seen enough to know that he's not the guy.
    • It's too early to say
  2. 2. (Polls) Do You Believe Baker Mayfield is Going to be a Great QB?

• Yes, he's still going to be great. He's struggling right now. There's many reasons for that including his own mistakes. Many QBs struggle early in their career. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • No, I think he'll be a good QB, but I'm afraid he's not going to be great.
    • No, he's a Goldi-locks QB: Everything has to be 'Just Right' around him for him to play at a sustained high level. Over-hyped. Probably has an Average to Above Average Career.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • It's too early to say; Could go either way at this point.
  3. 3. (Polls) Do You Believe the Browns Make the Playoffs?

• Yes, we'll still make the playoffs.
    • No, we don't make the playoffs.

Not giving up on Baker. He's had a bad year but has also been put into bad situations to succeed. He made so many great plays last year that didn't at all seem flukey to me and that only a handful of QBs are capable of making. This year he hasn't made those plays - part of that's on him but I think it's also partly on external factors. He's also had, what, 18 or so starts? He's still really inexperienced and it'd be silly to think he can't improve.

I'm definitely not on the "Fire Freddie" bandwagon... yet. He's dealing with a young team with some new pieces and we have arguably the toughest first half schedule of any team in the league (the NFL totally screwed us in that regard). But if we see more repeat performances of the SF and LAR games then it won't take me long to sour on Freddie. Which sucks, cause I liked the hire at the time (although he wasn't my top choice).

This team desperately needs the bye week to regroup.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DawgX said:

Not giving up on Baker. He's had a bad year but has also been put into bad situations to succeed. He made so many great plays last year that didn't at all seem flukey to me and that only a handful of QBs are capable of making. This year he hasn't made those plays - part of that's on him but I think it's also partly on external factors. He's also had, what, 18 or so starts? He's still really inexperienced and it'd be silly to think he can't improve.

For sure.  I think some of the second half teams we face should help him too.

He’s not where we all thought he was, but that doesn’t mean he won’t be good.

I'm definitely not on the "Fire Freddie" bandwagon... yet. He's dealing with a young team with some new pieces and we have arguably the toughest first half schedule of any team in the league (the NFL totally screwed us in that regard).

Im not an “NFL screwed us” guy, but damn this is a rough stretch.

That said, when you open with the Titans and have the Rams not playing their best ball at home, you need to win those games. 

But if we see more repeat performances of the SF and LAR games then it won't take me long to sour on Freddie. Which sucks, cause I liked the hire at the time (although he wasn't my top choice).

I liked him and still do.  I can’t fault him for some of the issues plaguing this team right now.  Heart/effort imo is a player’s thing, not a coaching issue.  I can’t make another person want to give effort, that’s an internal thing.

This team desperately needs the bye week to regroup.

Agreed, and a winnable game after.

*looks at schedule*

... oh, nm.

• Like 1

Freddie has shown nothing to indicate that he will be a successful head-coach and has shown a ton of red flags that he might be aggressively terrible. I get giving it time, and I get that this is a tough schedule. There are tons of excuses, but nobody is saying 'we are doing x, y, z well' because we haven't. You can have excucses but theres nothing good to point to. We are going to go 6-10 or 7-9 and fire Freddie on 12/30.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roger murdock said:

Freddie has shown nothing to indicate that he will be a successful head-coach and has shown a ton of red flags that he might be aggressively terrible. I get giving it time, and I get that this is a tough schedule. There are tons of excuses, but nobody is saying 'we are doing x, y, z well' because we haven't. You can have excucses but theres nothing good to point to. We are going to go 6-10 or 7-9 and fire Freddie on 12/30.

It’s mind blowing that a fanbase who has seen nothing but failed new beginnings with some new coach who is supposed to fix everything still believes some new coach is gonna fix everything.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s mind blowing that a fanbase who has seen nothing but failed new beginnings with some new coach who is supposed to fix everything still believes some new coach is gonna fix everything.

You're one step away from my line of thinking: no coach will save us. This team will always be garbage. 

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Or... time, continuity, allowing a coach and QB to actually grow and develop, building and adding to a program instead of “rebuilding” constantly.

Just a thought..

Tried that with Hue (weird pick I know). Let's do something different. Maybe try no coaches a year? Or the fans vote for the plays since we're all experts? 

• Like 1

Just now, Reginaldm9 said:

Tried that with Hue (weird pick I know). Let's do something different. Maybe try no coaches a year? Or the fans vote for the plays since we're all experts? 

😂 fair.

I was fine with Hue too until the end of year 2 when he was throwing the FO and players under the bus and had clearly lost the locker room.

I don’t think we’ll get that far this year and if we can keep everyone’s heads straight until November we’ll end up OK.

Maybe not playoffs, but not a disaster and overall a much more experienced group headed into next year.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The man sounds like an simpleton when he talks. He seems like a disorganized slob in general. He gets labored breathing after walking. The team shows little fight and a lot of quit. Theres so much disorganization across all facets of the team.

Freddy so far is just a disaster and I'd feel a lot better about it if I thought he was smart or instilling values and discipline in the team. Instead I think hes a lazy nice guy who lets his players walk all over him.

3 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

The man sounds like an simpleton when he talks. He seems like a disorganized slob in general. He gets labored breathing after walking. The team shows little fight and a lot of quit. Theres so much disorganization across all facets of the team.

Freddy so far is just a disaster and I'd feel a lot better about it if I thought he was smart or instilling values and discipline in the team. Instead I think hes a lazy nice guy who lets his players walk all over him.

Freddie gives me a worse version of Bruce Arians vibe and it’s really bad.

7 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Oh well if he’s fat and has a southern drawl clearly he can’t coach football.

And I thought y’all didn’t have any legit criticisms of him.  

Silly me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh well if he’s fat and has a southern drawl clearly he can’t coach football.

And I thought y’all didn’t have any legit criticisms of him.  

Silly me.

Heres my criticism of him, there is not a single shred of evidence that indicates he is good as a head coach. I wish I could close my eyes and plug my ears and go 'lalalala nothing to see here' but I'm watching the games, I'm pissed off, and I'm not happy accepting the same **** we always accept. I don't think the Browns are just supposed to suck cause thats the way they are. This team was supposed to be something, and we are wasting it with this bum in charge.

All I hear are excuses. I haven't heard a single well though out comment about why Freddie will succeed.