Week 6 GDT: We’re Going Swimming with the Dolphins

turtle28

1 minute ago, mike23md said:

Cincy gets Tua and Miami gets Justin Herbert? Besides, taking Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia is an absolute need based on Trent being gone. 

A need for what? We aren’t going to be good next year either so you’re telling me we should pass on the best player in the draft to take an inferior player because it’s a need on a team that has needs everywhere? That’s just absurd. Take Chase Young and pick a OT in 2021 or we can do the Scherff thing all over again passing on better players. 

• Like 1

Just now, lavar703 said:

A need for what? We aren’t going to be good next year either so you’re telling me we should pass on the best player in the draft to take an inferior player because it’s a need on a team that has needs everywhere? That’s just absurd. Take Chase Young and pick a OT in 2021 or we can do the Scherff thing all over again passing on better players. 

And possibly have him not want to resign with us like Scherff is possibly doing. 

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I'm curious why you're so sold on Chase Young being such a superior prospect?  From the mocks I've read he's definitely considered a top 5 prospect but Juedy and Thomas are generally considered similar prospects (along with the 2 QBs).  

13 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Because we have Sweat and Ryan right now, and our star LT is holding out and the boobs in the FO wont trade him. 

The left side of the line is horendous and you want to bury the depth chart with more pass rushers? Cause we have done that year after year? Its like when Matt Millen and the Lions took a WR like 4 years in a row. I get BPA, but right now, we don't have an offensive line and a LT that is going to grow with Haskins. 

2 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Because we have Sweat and Ryan right now, and our star LT is holding out and the boobs in the FO wont trade him. 

The left side of the line is horendous and you want to bury the depth chart with more pass rushers? Cause we have done that year after year? Its like when Matt Millen and the Lions took a WR like 4 years in a row. I get BPA, but right now, we don't have an offensive line and a LT that is going to grow with Haskins. 

And we have almost no pass rush whatsoever. I get what you’re saying but I just cannot get behind taking an inferior prospect when this is a long-term build. 

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm curious why you're so sold on Chase Young being such a superior prospect?  From the mocks I've read he's definitely considered a top 5 prospect but Juedy and Thomas are generally considered similar prospects (along with the 2 QBs).  

He’s a game-wrecker.  He’s what Jadeveon Clowney was supposed to be. He’s that good. 

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The Dolphins are trying to lose on purpose. They did what they needed to do. There’s nothing that will convince me otherwise. 

This doesn’t make sense. Why put Fitzpatrick in, if they were just trying to lose? They could have just left Rosen in, and been absolutely assured of the loss. Rosen is completely incompetent, and yet they came within one bad throw/catch of some Fitzmagic. 

What was their goal in putting Fitzpatrick in? To get a little work for the nearly 37-year-old journeyman, see if he’s the future? Of course not. They put him in because they had a shot to win, and Rosen was plainly standing in the way of their chance to sneak a W. 

No one wants to go 0-16. It’s one thing to be terrible, to put yourself in position to land a top draft choice, etc. It’s another thing altogether to willingly be so pathetic that you become a historical laughingstock, a benchmark for futility throughout the rest of time. 

Teams with a 2-14 record (or worse) have picked either #1 or #2 every time it’s happened since at least 2000. Both of these teams will be favored to lose all the rest of their games — with the exception of the Redskins at home against the Jets, perhaps. They’re both going to be picking in the top 3, likely the top 2, barring something outrageous (like multiple future wins). They didn’t need to lose this game to get a great draft pick, or to be in position to have a Tua/Herbert pick that will have great value. 

• Like 3