Week 6 GDT: Ravens Offense/ST vs. Bengals

AFlaccoSeagulls

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's really just not a good defense. Our offense has held time of possession and scored most of the game. This defense is just BEYOND pathetic.

Yeah the offense literally doesn’t even look like they’re trying out there and dominating. They just look like they were trying to escape this game healthy.

Edited by diamondbull424

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah the offense literally doesn’t even look like they’re trying out there and dominating. They just look like they were trying to escape this game healthy.

Lamar just jogged for almost 200 rushing and 250 passing against this team. Granted, given that amount of dominance by him we should've been able to do more, but penalties from the OL killed us.

Defensively....we just have nothing beyond Marlon and Earl anywhere on the field to defend against the pass, and we're not playing Earl correctly on the back end.

10 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Lamar just jogged for almost 200 rushing and 250 passing against this team. Granted, given that amount of dominance by him we should've been able to do more, but penalties from the OL killed us.

Defensively....we just have nothing beyond Marlon and Earl anywhere on the field to defend against the pass, and we're not playing Earl correctly on the back end.

Thought the young safeties did a quality job. Didn’t see Clark’s name called for bad coverage or a big play given up at all. Elliot had a pass completed on him but equally made a huge pass breakup on the pass that Boyd almost had over Humphrey.

8 minutes ago, Rein said:

I actually believe that our young safeties played well as well. Clark and Elliot has different strengths that somewhat complement each other. Better coverage compared to TJ and even more physical in my opinion. 

Completely agree.

The Bengals led us rush all over them today. Lamar took too many shots for my liking, but they seem content on playing him like that.

If we don't make dumb mistakes, I would feel better.

I am still very concerned about our lack of pass rush against one of the worst olines in the league. I am also concerned about the passing game which is so much out of rythm

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

We win this game because Cinci recovers an offside kick 1 yard short. That pretty much summarizes this team.

So, you think we were lucky to win?

I was at the game. After our offense got the ball and scored on the first drive, I wasn't even worried about losing at any point the rest of the game. They needed a bunch of flags in order to be dragged into the end zone one time in garbage time. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

So, you think we were lucky to win?

I was at the game. After our offense got the ball and scored on the first drive, I wasn't even worried about losing at any point the rest of the game. They needed a bunch of flags in order to be dragged into the end zone one time in garbage time. 

Not really lucky, but we just relied on the other team beating themselves.

I do agree with the others that our safeties played much better today, but it just seems like every week a team finds a MAJOR weakness in our defense (Today it was Canady) and exploits it. Cinci didn't do themselves any favors by continuing to run the ball when they were down instead of passing, because there was no pressure on Dalton and they were moving the ball up and down the field on Canady, then they'd try to run 1-2 times and Dalton would miss a throw and have to punt.

Our defense is going to lose us more games this year when we're not facing a hopeless/winless team unless we can find ways to get pressure, be with our pass rushers (not likely) or with blitz packages.

Didn't get to watch the game live, so tried watching the condensed version just now. Lots of things are much more apparent viewing it this way. Things that stood out to me:

-Bozeman is clearly the weak link of the offensive line. Those 3/4 penalties were just so silly. 

-Canady looked above average in press man coverage, and below adequate in both zone and off coverage. 

-Canady being targeted so often was more a product of Humphrey continuing to prove himself as a top 5 corner in this league. Was making plays all over the place today. 

-Who knew Josh Bynes and LJ Fort would be so instrumental in helping to shore up our ILB position? Also, when did Bynes become an effective coverage linebacker? That's what I call evolving your game. 

-Andrews is both heavily featured and a favorite target of Jacksons. For as much as we want Jackson to get Hurst involved, it's kind of hard when there are so many quick hitting plays designed to make use of Andrews speed and athleticism. 

-It would be great if he could get Hill and Ingram more involved in the passing game. They are both incredibly effective in the limited opportunities they get each game. 

-As others have noted, Clark and Elliot looked good today. Despite Canady getting picked on, I wouldn't exactly call our secondary a problem at the moment. 

-Pass rush is still very much a problem. Outside of Judon, none of our players can generate any type of pressure. We get close, but no one is good enough to win their one on one match ups. I don't know how we solve this without trading for someone. It feels like it's the last piece on defense we need to shore up to field a competent unit to complement a seemingly super bowl caliber offense. 

5 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

-Canady being targeted so often was more a product of Humphrey continuing to prove himself as a top 5 corner in this league. Was making plays all over the place today. 

Disagree. He was being targeted right off the snap, and he was getting beat routinely. Of course people aren't going to throw to Marlon, because the guy Canady is covering has 2-3 steps on him every play.

-Who knew Josh Bynes and LJ Fort would be so instrumental in helping to shore up our ILB position? Also, when did Bynes become an effective coverage linebacker? That's what I call evolving your game. 

-Andrews is both heavily featured and a favorite target of Jacksons. For as much as we want Jackson to get Hurst involved, it's kind of hard when there are so many quick hitting plays designed to make use of Andrews speed and athleticism. 

-It would be great if he could get Hill and Ingram more involved in the passing game. They are both incredibly effective in the limited opportunities they get each game. 

I just wish we let Justice Hill get the ball in space more. Maybe steal from stuff from Shanahan's playbook or Reid's playbook. He's such a playmaker.

-As others have noted, Clark and Elliot looked good today. Despite Canady getting picked on, I wouldn't exactly call our secondary a problem at the moment. 

-Pass rush is still very much a problem. Outside of Judon, none of our players can generate any type of pressure. We get close, but no one is good enough to win their one on one match ups. I don't know how we solve this without trading for someone. It feels like it's the last piece on defense we need to shore up to field a competent unit to complement a seemingly super bowl caliber offense. 

Judon doesn't generate pressure either until garbage time.