Roster Review: Potential picks/trades/FA

sryan66611

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Question for you guys, I'm working on a 4 round NFL mock and I'm completely stuck at 14 with the way I have the board falling. None of the big 4 tackles are left (leaving Josh Jones as the best OT available) and I've still got both Justin Herbert and Jordan Love on the board as well as all three of the big 3 RBs (Swift would be dynamic in year one with Brady). I'd really like your input on what to do at 14.

Best Available
Justin Herbert, Jordan Love
Josh Jones, Austin Jackson, Isaiah Wilson, Lucas Niang, Ezra Cleveland
Javon Kinlaw
K'Lavon Chaisson
CJ Henderson, Kristian Fulton
Justin Jefferson, Denzel Mims, Tee Higgins, Jalen Reagor
Xavier McKinney, Grant Delpit
D'Andre Swift, JK Dobbins, Jonathan Taylor

Kinlaw or Chaisson or Herbert in that order.

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Question for you guys, I'm working on a 4 round NFL mock and I'm completely stuck at 14 with the way I have the board falling. None of the big 4 tackles are left (leaving Josh Jones as the best OT available) and I've still got both Justin Herbert and Jordan Love on the board as well as all three of the big 3 RBs (Swift would be dynamic in year one with Brady). I'd really like your input on what to do at 14.

Best Available
Justin Herbert, Jordan Love
Josh Jones, Austin Jackson, Isaiah Wilson, Lucas Niang, Ezra Cleveland
Javon Kinlaw
K'Lavon Chaisson
CJ Henderson, Kristian Fulton
Justin Jefferson, Denzel Mims, Tee Higgins, Jalen Reagor
Xavier McKinney, Grant Delpit
D'Andre Swift, JK Dobbins, Jonathan Taylor

Jonathan Taylor.

πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Then we might as well wait for next year if we're thinking of a later round pick.Β 

I guess I'm just thinking if a good one slips this year. Like Herbert or Tua. Although I want no part of Tua. And Love in the 2nd?? Isn't he a lock for a top 20 pick?

Well I've seen a couple mocks, not alot, having Love drop to ourΒ 2nd , it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities but I wouldn't say likely eitherΒ 

I'm not that high on Herbert, he reminds me of Trubisky kind of

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

What makes you say that?

Both Dobbins and Swift are pretty dynamic in the receiving game. JT just barely flashed some skill there last year. Now, that may not be his fault due to how Wisconsin operates offensively but Swift/Dobbins were better in that regard.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Both Dobbins and Swift are pretty dynamic in the receiving game. JT just barely flashed some skill there last year. Now, that may not be his fault due to how Wisconsin operates offensively but Swift/Dobbins were better in that regard.

Dobbins is great in pass pro. But his hands aren't consistent.

Dunno why but Swift is meh to me.

Taylor's hands looked excellent catching the ball at the combine, compared to everyone else. Akers might've been the only RB who looked better.

On 2/28/2020 at 9:54 PM, bucsfan333 said:

Taylor has some of the best hands among these RBs. The notion he can't catch because he didn't do it at Wisconsin is lazy and completely false.

Swift has good hands too. He dropped one. But he catches so softly.

Akers looks natural. A lot of these guys have to watch the ball all the way into their hands. And you can hear the smack of their hands on the ball. Not with him.

Edwards-Helaire catches just as well. But we've all seen it a bunch.

McFarland had a few nice grabs too. And his ability to catch, secure, and change direction is crazy. He snatches the ball out of the air. And he loses zero speed. He had a few catches tonight that looked like generic Madden animations.

Perine can catch it. But he's probably the least impressive of everyone in this post. Which isn't a knock. He can do it.

What I saw during the combine, paying specific attention to receiving drills.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Dobbins is great in pass pro. But his hands aren't consistent.

Dunno why but Swift is meh to me.

Taylor's hands looked excellent catching the ball at the combine, compared to everyone else. Akers might've been the only RB who looked better.

Gotcha. I'm just going off actual game play. I didn't get a chance to watch the combine at all.

Just now, beekay414 said:

But would you guys really consider Taylor at 14 over someone like Kinlaw?

I dunno, honestly. If we weren't able to bring back Suh, probably not. Kinlaw would be an easy choice.

But we're returning our entire starting front seven that was number one against the run and had 47 sacks. So who knows what we'll do.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

I dunno, honestly. If we weren't able to bring back Suh, probably not. Kinlaw would be an easy choice.

But we're returning our entire starting front seven that was number one against the run and had 47 sacks. So who knows what we'll do.

That's why I'm stuck without a worthwhile OT on the board.Β xDΒ 

Y'all brought a halt to my entire draft lol.

• Like 1