Roster Review: Potential picks/trades/FA

sryan66611

1 hour ago, Caaddy24 said:

As of right now. I like the idea of seeing what QB's fall to the pick at 14. Either take a QB or OT there. If Herbert or Love are there, gotta take one. Unless there's a run on OT's and the drop off is significant, and we want a guy like Eason, who will be available later anyway. Then grab an OT at 14. Either way, using next years first rounder to trade back into the first for someone worth it, should be on the table. 

I'm not sure if this makes sense, but it makes sense in my head...

eh i rather have an OT than a QB at 14 even if Herbert or Love are there

bigger impact on the team as of right now 

would not mind trading back up in the first though , maybe Swift

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

As of right now. I like the idea of seeing what QB's fall to the pick at 14. Either take a QB or OT there. If Herbert or Love are there, gotta take one. Unless there's a run on OT's and the drop off is significant, and we want a guy like Eason, who will be available later anyway. Then grab an OT at 14. Either way, using next years first rounder to trade back into the first for someone worth it, should be on the table. 

I'm not sure if this makes sense, but it makes sense in my head...

Definitely our window is 2 years so as long as we are not trading 22 and 23 years picks im fine. We need to build a better OL up front. if I was GM, im drafting two linemen and moving Marpet back to C and cutting Jensen. Use that $10mil for a shut down NCB like Harris.

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Definitely our window is 2 years so as long as we are not trading 22 and 23 years picks im fine. We need to build a better OL up front. if I was GM, im drafting two linemen and moving Marpet back to C and cutting Jensen. Use that $10mil for a shut down NCB like Harris.

Jensen was our best lineman last season. His contract sucks. But at least he earned it.

• Like 1

If the 4 tackles are gone, don’t be shocked if we go after Henry Ruggs at #14. I am hearing we want to add speed and we like Ruggs quite a bit. I do think OT should be the biggest need, but after that, I think it’s kind of a crapshoot on our biggest need. Ruggs would arguably be BPA at that point and really make our receiving core dynamic. I also have to think, the team isn’t planning on keeping both Godwin and Evans long term, you just can’t pay that much money to the WR position. So an eventual replacement can be found here.

10 minutes ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

If the 4 tackles are gone, don’t be shocked if we go after Henry Ruggs at #14. I am hearing we want to add speed and we like Ruggs quite a bit. I do think OT should be the biggest need, but after that, I think it’s kind of a crapshoot on our biggest need. Ruggs would arguably be BPA at that point and really make our receiving core dynamic. I also have to think, the team isn’t planning on keeping both Godwin and Evans long term, you just can’t pay that much money to the WR position. So an eventual replacement can be found here.

Strongly dislike this idea

much rather get a DT , DE or S than a WR 3

no thanks

plus i am NOT on the Ruggs bandwagon , all bc he has 4.2 speed? nah in a WR rich draft no way, hes not even in the top 25 prospects for me

47 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Strongly dislike this idea

much rather get a DT , DE or S than a WR 3

no thanks

plus i am NOT on the Ruggs bandwagon , all bc he has 4.2 speed? nah in a WR rich draft no way, hes not even in the top 25 prospects for me

Well we run a 3/4 so we don’t really implement DT anymore. Vea has our NT locked up. I don’t think Kinlaw will be there, and I also expect the top-4 OT to be gone. I have Ruggs as my15th best player so I’m not exactly sure what you’re not seeing. He does way more than just have 4.2 speed. He runs very good routes and is able to create good seperation, has exceptional hands and catches everything near him. And then there is obviously had the deep speed. In Arians offense, 3 WR get used so often that one is a necessity. 

Im personally not a fan of drafting for specifically for need, so I would hate to see us reach for a prospect, when a much better player is available. Safety would be an awful pick at 14, and I don’t expect the other players at positions of need to be there. So grab BPA and make that offense better. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

Well we run a 3/4 so we don’t really implement DT anymore. Vea has our NT locked up. I don’t think Kinlaw will be there, and I also expect the top-4 OT to be gone. I have Ruggs as my15th best player so I’m not exactly sure what you’re not seeing. He does way more than just have 4.2 speed. He runs very good routes and is able to create good seperation, has exceptional hands and catches everything near him. And then there is obviously had the deep speed. In Arians offense, 3 WR get used so often that one is a necessity. 

Im personally not a fan of drafting for specifically for need, so I would hate to see us reach for a prospect, when a much better player is available. Safety would be an awful pick at 14, and I don’t expect the other players at positions of need to be there. So grab BPA and make that offense better. 

Maybe if it was Juedy or Lamb at 14

THAT would be BPA 

Not Ruggs

If safety is a bad pick then trade back

All I'm saying is I dont want Ruggs at 14 that's not value

27 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Maybe if it was Juedy or Lamb at 14

THAT would be BPA 

Not Ruggs

If safety is a bad pick then trade back

All I'm saying is I dont want Ruggs at 14 that's not value

Trade backs don’t just happen. Lol there has to be a need on both ends for teams to move up or move down. 

Also, essentially every analyst and draft follower thinks Ruggs is great value at 15 to the Broncos, so I think you’re alone in the camp when you think Ruggs isn’t good value. Speed is the normal in today’s game and you need someone to stretch the defense. We are lacking in that department. Something Arians loves to have too. Just saying 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

Trade backs don’t just happen. Lol there has to be a need on both ends for teams to move up or move down. 

Also, essentially every analyst and draft follower thinks Ruggs is great value at 15 to the Broncos, so I think you’re alone in the camp when you think Ruggs isn’t good value. Speed is the normal in today’s game and you need someone to stretch the defense. We are lacking in that department. Something Arians loves to have too. Just saying 🤷‍♂️

this isnt Tyreek Hill 2.0

i get u , Ruggs is cool

but u cant sit there and tell me that Ruggs is BPA

everything ive seen has Kinlaw or Chiasson falling to us and those would be better picks hell ive even seen Derrick Brown fall to 14 not to mention Jeudy and Lamb who are better WRs

ik trade backs dont just happen, but IMO a WR 3 isnt something we'll get more use out  of than an stud DL , hell i even would rather take Swift at 14 than Ruggs bc Swift would have more of an impact