MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

you can "snooze" if ya want, but the damn *ucks better not.. 

This aint the Kyrie led Celtics of last year homie.. we got a new leader in town and he's gunnin for everyone.. including yours truly.. ;)

ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz

Y'all gotta get past the Raptors first. Their defense is no joke. 

So, in our 8 losses, our opponents have shot 43% from 3 on 39.3 attempts per (that's an average of 17 3s per L). The only team that shot below league average was Indiana (9-27) but they shot 61% from two and attacked the paint with Giannis out. You take them out and that jumps up to 44.6% on 41 3 point attempts (so 18 3s per L). 

Basically, what I'm saying is you have to shoot incredibly well from 3 just to beat this team (unless Giannis is out). Miami and Indiana are the only ones that didn't shoot above average from 3.

Here are the numbers for anyone that wants to look for themselves;

Miami: 16-44 (36.4%)
Boston: 17-41 (41.5%)
Utah: 15-36 (41.7%)
Dallas: 16-41 (39.0%)
Philly: 21-44 (47.7%)
San Antonio: 19-35 (54.3%)
Denver: 22-46 (47.8%)
Indiana: 9-27 (33.3%) - shot 36-59 (61.0%) from two with Giannis out

Here are those teams season averages from 3;

Miami: 13.1-34.7 (37.8%)
Boston: 12.4-33.9 (36.6%)
Utah: 13.0-33.8 (38.4%)
Dallas: 15.2-41.1 (37.0%)
Philly: 10.9-31.0 (35.2%)
San Antonio: 10.4-28.4 (36.8%)
Denver: 10.8-30.3 (35.6%)
Indiana: 10.1-27.8 (36.3%)

So, as you can see, only Miami and Indiana shot worse than they typically do. The first 4 losses weren't too egregious but the last 4 are LOL worthy in one way or the other.

Also, since acquiring George Hill, we are 79-16 (83.2% win percentage) in the 95 regular season games he's played. I will continue to attest that it was far more important to bring him back than it was Malcolm Brogdon. It's 89-21 if you include the playoffs. This expands to 73-11 in the regular season in games played by both Giannis and Hill which then becomes 83-16 when you include the playoffs.

George Hill is incredibly vital to this team.

• Like 3

Well you know it was a mix of encouraging and discouraging from the raptors in last nights matchup. The game may have been lost on that final 2 minute run of the first half. A lot of guys struggled and a lot of it is credit to the Bucks defense but Serge Ibaka in particular was a disaster. He is having maybe the best offensive season of his career and has actually looked awesome as of late. Perhaps he was due for a game like this but this is not the team to have it against. 

Pascal has also been hot lately but he was clamped he still has things to work on as far as being the guy goes. I was encouraged that he was hitting 3’s again. He definitely needs work as a passer on these situations he was stifled and frustrated and made some really bad plays. 

Nick needs to trust his bench more. When healthy we are 10 deep. Boucher made his first real impact in about a month and Matt Thomas is beginning to get into the rotation looking a bit like JJ Reddick but this is the first time since Gasol and Powell went down where I’ve been like yea sure would have been cool to have those guys for tonight. 

Terence Davis is awesome. 

Overall though a ton of credit to the Bucks I would say this was a very tough spot for them but they have actually been unreal on the second game of back to backs. Midds who I’ve sorta joked about didn’t look great in the first half but he was really key in the second half. All your guards out played our guards. Lowry and FVV will have games like this it’s really rare to have them both play this bad on the same night. Lowry was definitely frustrated by the lack of call on some moving screens but he kinda lost it a bit idk what the hell he was doing in the end of this game.