MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

One of the worst officiated games I’ve ever seen. Just turned it off rather than deal with the stress of watching the Raptors hack away every time we drive and then get put on the line if we breathe on them.

Absolutely absurdly bad game from the refs. This game was decided in the refs locker room unless we catch fire.

People will look at the box score, that didn't watch the game, and say nothing egregious happened because the Raptors have more fouls than we do. Here's the kicker though...they are literally fouling on every single drive to the hoop. Ibaka is straight up pushing the driver with a forearm and the zebras are turning a blind eye to it. Highly frustrating game to watch ESPECIALLY after that Kawhi bull**** timeout.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I will take our chances against this team in a 7-game series. Shame to rally only to fall apart, but they played real well, nobody other than Giannis had a great game for us, and we still had a real shot.

Yep. It feels like all our losses are either us giving the game away late or the other team shooting a highly unsustainable percentage. It literally takes us either beating ourselves or an unreal effort to simply beat us. That's promising. 

However, we are far too streaky for my liking outside of Giannis. We don't have a real #2 player. We NEED to make some kind of move to get one. I don't care if that means trading Bledsoe, Middleton, Brogdon, whoever. Go get a reliable number 2 option next to Giannis and then run the damn Eastern Conference for the next decade.

40 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yep. It feels like all our losses are either us giving the game away late or the other team shooting a highly unsustainable percentage. It literally takes us either beating ourselves or an unreal effort to simply beat us. That's promising. 

However, we are far too streaky for my liking outside of Giannis. We don't have a real #2 player. We NEED to make some kind of move to get one. I don't care if that means trading Bledsoe, Middleton, Brogdon, whoever. Go get a reliable number 2 option next to Giannis and then run the damn Eastern Conference for the next decade.

Stop

3 minutes ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Why do you wanna futz so much with a team that is the best in the nba and is really gelling?? Why risk it? 

What? It's 38 games in and we're still massively flawed in regards to how playoff play goes. What have we won? We had this exact same roster sans Lopez last year and didn't win ****. At some point, the talent is the talent. Lopez got played off the floor in a matchup that we're 100% going to see in the playoffs if we want to win. We need to be ever changing. This team is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from a finished product. I see the long term goal, y'all living in the short term.

Just because I'm bored, it's a Sunday, and I'm pissed off by that effort last night...

Khris Middleton, Malcolm Brogdon, Tony Snell and a 2024 FRP (highly protected) to Washington for Bradley Beal and Tomas Satoransky
Why? Washington gets two viable pieces for Beal. They pay both after moving OPJ to Sacramento for pieces which saves them money under the luxury tax.

George Hill and Jason Smith to Atlanta for Kent Bazemore and Dwayne Dedmon
Why? Again, this is a cash thing for Atlanta. They get out of the last year of Bazemore's deal while we get a solid two way playable wing to replace Middleton.

Christian Wood and Washington's 2020 2nd to New York for Noah Vonleh
Why? Well, I don't think the Knicks will get a 1st round pick for Vonleh so the best asset they could hope for is a really early 2nd. I love Vonleh's game right now.

Thon Maker and Pat Connaughton to Dallas for JJ Barea and Dorian Finney-Smith
Why? JJB is an expiring contract but a valuable back-up PG to have for playoff time. The Mavs get Maker as a toolsy project and still have a chance to re-sign JJB in the offseason.

Bring in Justin Hamilton from the CBA (Chinese Basketball Association) as our 3rd center (max 10 minutes per game)

Depth Chart
PG: Eric Bledsoe | Tomas Satoransky | JJ Barea
SG: Bradley Beal | Sterling Brown | Donte DiVincenzo
SF: Kent Bazemore | DJ Wilson | Dorian Finney-Smith
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo | Noah Vonleh | Ersan Ilyasova
C: Brook Lopez | Dwayne Dedmon | Justin Hamilton

Go ahead and rip it. I don't give a fack. I like that balance a lot and it gives us a bonafide #2 scorer without losing a significant amount of talent.

Edited by beekay414

• beekay414 changed the title to MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason