MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

21 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

There was literally no reason to offer Middleton that much money. He should've gotten what Bojan Bogdanovic got. They are crazy similar players. Yet, we basically maxed one because he's buddies with our superstar and the Jazz stole Bojan at that price. 

Middleton's max contract offer should've been 5 years/$100 million. We literally competed against ourselves to sign one of our own players...again. If he got a max offer elsewhere...welp, enjoy that Dallas weather.

I don't care how good the players is...you never let one player dictate how you run your operation. Period. There's massive risk either way when you're a market our size. I'm not paying twice what he's worth just because his buddy wants us to. 

Worst. Contract. In. Sports.

I never said anywhere it's a good deal, but you're OK with risking Giannis by not signing it. I don't think Middleton as a #2 will ever get us a title, but Giannis is certainly the best shot we've had since the 70s.

3 minutes ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

I have zero reason to doubt the EOY or Stearns. Why would I question? He’s got Lee way from me. Packers on the other hand... still gotta see 

What has Horst done other than inherit good players from Hammond? Other than find a way to dump the bad contracts? The best 3 players on last year's team were all from Hammond. I'm not even sure how much control Horst has versus ownership anyway.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I never said anywhere it's a good deal, but you're OK with risking Giannis by not signing it. I don't think Middleton as a #2 will ever get us a title, but Giannis is certainly the best shot we've had since the 70s.

I'm absolutely okay with risking Giannis by not signing an absolutely absurd contract because the risk he bails is essentially the same if we stagnate and don't win. Except, this time, he dips out and we have absolutely no flexibility because we gave a #4 on a championship level team, essentially a 4 year max deal WITH a 5th year player option for no god damn reason.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Total cop out. Explain to me the fit with RoLo. 

I've heard he's up there with Horford as far as effectiveness with the pick and roll and he'll be good defensively. That's really all I've got. Spacing wise it certainly isn't a fit and he's never been a great rebounder for a big. I wasn't overly excited about Brook last year so hopefully it works out similarly. Either way we definitely needed a big to backup Giannis and Brook so I'm glad we have one.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

I’ll give it a week to see if there’s a trade coming, because we desperately need another shooter. Losing Brogdon and then spending our only reasonable means of adding an outside player on a complete non-shooter is a weird choice. 

Bud has a connection to Korver but why would he accept the vet minimum to come here when both Utah and LAL will be able to give him more money? Horst has his friggin' work cut out for him.

I'd like to try to land Joe Harris but why would Brooklyn deal a shooter like that when they are also trying to win?

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I've heard he's up there with Horford as far as effectiveness with the pick and roll and he'll be good defensively. That's really all I've got. Spacing wise it certainly isn't a fit and he's never been a great rebounder for a big. I wasn't overly excited about Brook last year so hopefully it works out similarly. Either way we definitely needed a big to backup Giannis and Brook so I'm glad we have one.

Well, yeah. I'm fine with going after a big but he shouldn't have gotten the full room exception. Especially on the first day of free agency. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm absolutely okay with risking Giannis by not signing an absolutely absurd contract because the risk he bails is essentially the same if we stagnate and don't win. Except, this time, he dips out and we have absolutely no flexibility because we gave a #4 on a championship level team, essentially a 4 year max deal WITH a 5th year player option for no god damn reason.

Not true at all, you can't stagnant after 1 season and Giannis is up for that super max next off-season. If we're talking 3 years down the line Id agree with you, but we're talking 12 months from now.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Not true at all, you can't stagnant after 1 season and Giannis is up for that super max next off-season. If we're talking 3 years down the line Id agree with you, but we're talking 12 months from now.

Well, we aren't going to get better than we were last year, so if it's these 12 months that decides whether or not Giannis re-ups, we're flat out screwed.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Well, we aren't going to get better than we were last year, so if it's these 12 months that decides whether or not Giannis re-ups, we're flat out screwed.

I just don't see it, he's going to re-sign because this is what he wanted. Generational stars make roster decisions in the NBA unlike NFL or MLB, just is what it is. Giannis is an overly loyal individual, he's got the most money here, the roster he wanted, the staff he likes and a city that's reciprocated his loyalty, I'm 95% sure he's locking in long-term next year.

11 hours ago, titans0021 said:

The strategy seems to be to make the locker room as fun as possible to keep Giannis around. Brogdon was such a bummer with all his well and social injustice talk, get another Lopez in here to lighten the mood!

I'm not agreeing with a lot of what you've said in the past few pages, but I agree with this.  I think that Brogdon's social conscience didn't help his case in Milwaukee.  Add to it his injury issues and I think the club made the easy decision.

I think that HIll is kind of the same player as Brogdon, only older...maybe a little smaller.  Hill played really good in the postseason once he become really comfortable in the system.  I like getting him back.

Middleton.  I saw no one out there who would come here that could replace Middleton.  He's a pure shooter.  He can create his own shot.  Yes he was benched for effort and he came back strong after that.  Didn't pout.  Didn't take to social media (that I know of).  Just worked harder.  I'm okay with it.

The Lopez brothers.  Why not?  Robin can play the post, rebound and defend.  His brother defends, shoot perimeter but isn't a great rebounder.  I think they got a nice compliment there.  I see a "high/low" game with the Lopez brothers if Giannis is out.  And that could be a good set.

If this club is to be better next year and really contend, they gotta get better within.  Divo, Wilson, Brown...and BLEDSOE.  Those are the guys that need to improve.  And I"d argue that Bledsoe is the most important as he has the most athletic ability of the bunch.  Just needs to reign it in.

To me, the sky isn't falling because we gave huge money to Khris and lost Brogdon.

11 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I’ll give it a week to see if there’s a trade coming, because we desperately need another shooter. Losing Brogdon and then spending our only reasonable means of adding an outside player on a complete non-shooter is a weird choice. 

Wouldn't shock me if they are counting on Divo and Brown to progress and be that shooter.  Not saying that is the "right" thing to do, but I think those two are in for more minutes and I think Divo has a chance to be much, much better.

• beekay414 changed the title to MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason