MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

10 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I’m concerned that there are players that are coming back down to earth hard after last year. Also hate that, as a veteran team, we had five players playing on national teams instead of resting for the season.

Good point, pretty negligent if you ask me. Meanwhile some of our youth walked away and is currently ballin' for Indiana (Brogdon). Unless Mathews and Korver drink from the fountain of youth, I can't see them being impactful in any high leverage moments this year. Both look finished. 

The biggest concern is the Bucks appear to be a one trick pony under Bud. Play with pace, decent action in the half court set that is 100% reliant on threes. You can't be a championship caliber team if you don't have the play/player to get to the basket or make a contested jumper to stop some of these crazy long droughts. Raptors series, Miami game, last night. Where is the creative play calling in the second half to get some easy buckets? Where is Giannis/Middleton taking over the game? I don't want to make grand conclusions 4 games in but there are a lot of similarities to last years problems that may be worse due to roster construction/regression. 

Brogdon is missed simply for his ability to hit open threes and at least the threat of creating off the dribble.

I don’t know if this is Bud just trying to get the vets accustomed to the system, but at some point we’re going to need the young guys to get some time to help on the defensive side. 

You have got three unathletic bigs averaging 53 minutes per game (Brook, Robin, Ersan), some of those, even just 5-7, will have to go to DJ at some point simply to add some defensive activity.

Wes Matthews and Kyle Korver are getting 47 minutes, when we all kind of assumed they’d be around 30, so there’s probably 15 minutes there that can go to Donte/Sterling.

None of that will fix the half court offense when the team goes cold from the perimeter, but it should help defensively and create fast break opportunities, which have really been missing thus far.

13 hours ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Haven’t been able to watch the last two games but don’t understand why Giannisnhasnt been able to take over??

There’s been some talk that he might be sick, otherwise it’s more likely that he just didn’t get enough rest time over the summer, he doesn’t look as explosive.

The obvious reason is what we seemingly weren’t prepared for. Teams are just building a wall like the Raptors did and, like against the Raptors, we are prone to shooting droughts that enable teams to run that defense.

In the last game, Marcus Smart was allowed to reach and be physical the entire game and would then just flop after the first aggressive move by Giannis.

3 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Young guys need to play. It’s real simple. Korver should be 5-8 minutes, only more if we are cold and need the shooting.

Absolutely no doubt about that. The defense when Brown and DDV were on the floor was top notch. When we get up by 20 in the 2nd half, you plug those boys in and let them grind out that dirty work to secure the W. 

• beekay414 changed the title to MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason