MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

16 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

I'm good with it. I love Becky. 

I think I prefer Budenholzer, but as we've discussed before, if we're going to make a splash hire, I'd be pretty happy for it to be Hammon. The media attention with Giannis, Becky and a new arena would be insane.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It's going to be hilarious when we interview four Spurs and end up going with Monty Williams.

God, I hope not. Messina, Becky, Borrego and then Clifford of the candidates that we've interviewed. No Monty. 

Becky would be a great hire. But someone on Reddit made a great point. Giannis is entering his prime and are you really going to risk it by hiring an experimental hire? I wouldn’t be mad at the Monty hire brings a solid BG. And had a raw deal in NO with a few players and the system. I think he would do wonders in MIL. The series you guys had against Bos shows A ton of promise. 

20 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I would take Casey as HC any day.

21-30 in the playoffs. We're 7-12 (in 3 appearances).

No thanks. Neither Minnesota nor Toronto fans are/were upset when he was fired. That should say enough. 

Edited by bkobow05

21 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

21-30 in the playoffs. We're 7-12 (in 3 appearances).

No thanks. Neither Minnesota nor Toronto fans are/were upset when he was fired. That should say enough. 

He lost to LeBron over and over, what's his record if you take that out? Should the Packers have fired Holmgren for his inability to beat the Cowboys? The year he got the SB he avoided them. Casey has a proven system. If LeBron stays in the East this off-season who we hire is irrelevant, he's not going to be best until age bests him.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

He lost to LeBron over and over, what's his record if you take that out? Should the Packers have fired Holmgren for his inability to beat the Cowboys? The year he got the SB he avoided them. Casey has a proven system. If LeBron stays in the East this off-season who we hire is irrelevant, he's not going to be best until age bests him.

I don’t really see a major case for Casey.

Nick Nurse, one of their assistants, is one of the main reason they were successful this year. He modernized their entire offense. 

I don’t think he’s a terrible coach. I just don’t see an argument for what makes him special. I’ve never heard he’s a great Xs and Os guy, which is what we need to be looking for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IrishGreen said:

I don’t really see a major case for Casey.

Nick Nurse, one of their assistants, is one of the main reason they were successful this year. He modernized their entire offense. 

I don’t think he’s a terrible coach. I just don’t see an argument for what makes him special. I’ve never heard he’s a great Xs and Os guy, which is what we need to be looking for.

Novak was on Milwaukee radio with a ton of good things to say from his time under him. If Nurse doesn't get the Toronto job he very well could be brought with. 

I personally think our team as it stood last year was more talented than Toronto and that team got to 59 wins. I think he could get this team past the first round no problem. Like I said, doesn't matter who we or Toronto hire, we aren't getting past LeBron at the level he played in that series. It was a mistake for Toronto to move on.