MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Honestly, most of the name hires would probably have me considering dropping the Bucks. In the end, I almost certainly wouldn't because of Giannis, but seriously, if we're out to make a splash, gimme Becky Hammon. I'm more than fine dumping any player that can't take a female coach seriously. In pretty much every sport, I'll take the outside the box, aiming for a home run hire over the big name retread every day.

Becky Hammon is an actual basketball mind, not just a splash hire. I just don't want retreads like Jackson or JVG. I want a fresh concept and someone who understands modern NBA basketball. 

3 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Trade him. Use him to get out from under a contract. 

Seriously, **** this entitled group of losers. The only people I care about are Giannis and Brogdon. Everyone else can leave. Every. Single. One.

Seriously. I can't get over this. That's how you're going to respond after you get roasted by the guy for the second time in three days? I'm just entirely baffled by the thought process on this. So goddamn dumb.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Becky Hammon is an actual basketball mind, not just a splash hire. I just don't want retreads like Jackson or JVG. I want a fresh concept and someone who understands modern NBA basketball. 

Yeah, I feel bad lumping her into that other group of garbage, but in terms of pure media attention, she's one of the few fresh minds that could match the pure news coverage of a guy like Doc or Mark Jackson.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, I feel bad lumping her into that other group of garbage, but in terms of pure media attention, she's one of the few fresh minds that could match the pure news coverage of a guy like Doc or Mark Jackson.

It's the best of both worlds, really. The owners get their precious attention while fans and the team gets a basketball mind. They need to hire a POBO and a new GM too. Clean house entirely.

And the owners need to keep their filthy hands off of it too...

Edited by bkobow05

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

It's the best of both worlds, really. The owners get their precious attention while fans and the team gets a basketball mind. They need to hire a POBO and a new GM too. Clean house entirely.

And the owners need to keep their filthy hands off of it too...

After the GM "search" last year, I'm just so pessimistic about how this offseason is going to look. Expecting to be super disappointed.

• Like 1

I would start Brogdon, Midds, Muhammad, Giannis, Henson for the rest of the series. Jennings, Delly, Snell, Brown, Thon, Zeller can come off the bench. Jabari and Bledsoe wouldn't see a single minute the rest of the series. This would be if we had a coaching staff with balls or a backbone.

Speaking of coaches, I'm hiring an NBA or NCAA proven vet, not an assistant. I'm giving that HC 100% control of all player personnel decisions. Horst was on the radio today and he's just a spineless puppet, just a worthless, talking head the owners have put in place. He said he was really impressed with how the Bucks moved the ball in game one, the radio host brought up how the Celtics passed the ball well over 100 times more than the Bucks and he had no response other than to recite the same rhetoric.

I don't want a HC with full personnel control in an ideal world, but our other option is two owners with no bball background and their young puppet they pay to look like he runs the team. 

I said losing Hammond was the worst thing that could've happened to this organization and I was right. At least he had some balls some of the time.

Next year I'll be disappointed if anyone more than Giannis, Brogdon, Thon, Brown, Jennings and DJ Wilson are on the roster. Purge this entitled group of brats and get a real coach and let him build his team around Giannis.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Lol. Just burn this entire roster to the ground.

Wow, this team is an even bigger mess than I imagined. Way to go to completely implode in the playoffs too, against a completely decimated Boston team. Maybe that's actually for the better, if it forces some positive changes.

I mean the Bucks inept and crooked management created Jabari into what he is now. He's not naturally selfish like Bledsoe or Middleton. They've treated him like crap since the day he tore his ACL for the second time. I have no doubts he'll still be able to be the player many thought he would be elsewhere.

It's apparent though that the bridge here is beyond repair because he's inexcusably chosen the playoffs to quit on this team. A sign and trade needs to be worked out immediately after the season. 

I don't think his pattern of behavior will continue once he has a contract long term with another franchise. Our lack of enept management has made him into that here.

36 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I mean the Bucks inept and crooked management created Jabari into what he is now. He's not naturally selfish like Bledsoe or Middleton. They've treated him like crap since the day he tore his ACL for the second time. I have no doubts he'll still be able to be the player many thought he would be elsewhere.

It's apparent though that the bridge here is beyond repair because he's inexcusably chosen the playoffs to quit on this team. A sign and trade needs to be worked out immediately after the season. 

I don't think his pattern of behavior will continue once he has a contract long term with another franchise. Our lack of enept management has made him into that here.

He thinks he's better than he is too. All he does is score, so when he isn't "on" he's basically worthless. 

This is often what happens when you're a hyped high school phenom. You're used to just simply scoring the ball, instead of developing other skills necessary to succeed in the NBA. 

It hurts that Jabari isn't the player we hoped he'd become. We finally get a top pick in a perceived loaded draft at the time, so it hurts that much more. 

That said, we cannot pay him. Trade him for a young shooter who fits well off ball. 

Yea kawhi without giving up Middleton would be ideal, but we’ll see.

if we can’t get kawhi, I want to somehow get an actual SG using Bledsoe and Parker as possible trade bait. Brad Beal May be an interesting target as well.

Brogdon

?

middleton

giannis

anyone other than what we currently have