Coaching staff

Johnny Nix

We have a lot of 3rd and 4th choice guys from a depleted hiring pool. If Callahan is out in Washington next year when they hire a new HC, he might come here. Annarumo isn't going to keep his job with our 31st ranked defense. 

Letting Taylor hire his first choice guys in January instead of February will help.

I can only hope that Taylor is smart enough to pull the plug on certain guys this offseason.  I just have a bad feeling that he'll insist on another year of continuity before making any calls.  Which is probably a mistake.

Yeah the offensive line and defense have some really bad pieces.  But Anarumo is getting nothing out of guys who we know are decent to good players, and the bad players are looking even worse. 

Hard to say if anyone could have done better with the crap offensive line guys than Turner has done.  On one hand, Hopkins has been a bright spot, and Miller hasn't been half bad.  But on the other hand, his choice of LG's might have been the worst choice he could have made, and his RT selection is just as bad this year as he was last year.  I can't fault him for the LT situation.

Also, i'm still ok with Taylor too.  The start has been rough, but let's see him get a QB made for his system, and a year of some more roster turnover, before we really judge him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, theJ said:

I can only hope that Taylor is smart enough to pull the plug on certain guys this offseason.  I just have a bad feeling that he'll insist on another year of continuity before making any calls.  Which is probably a mistake.

Yeah the offensive line and defense have some really bad pieces.  But Anarumo is getting nothing out of guys who we know are decent to good players, and the bad players are looking even worse. 

Hard to say if anyone could have done better with the crap offensive line guys than Turner has done.  On one hand, Hopkins has been a bright spot, and Miller hasn't been half bad.  But on the other hand, his choice of LG's might have been the worst choice he could have made, and his RT selection is just as bad this year as he was last year.  I can't fault him for the LT situation.

Also, i'm still ok with Taylor too.  The start has been rough, but let's see him get a QB made for his system, and a year of some more roster turnover, before we really judge him.

Pretty much agree with all of it

The honeymoon phase is over for Taylor and it's now time to see what he's made of on offense. So far we've completely underwhelmed. No touchdowns in the first 3 quarters of play over the last few games (I can't find the actual stat). We're just not scoring touchdowns, and you won't win games in this league if you don't.

What worries me most is the NFL seems to have figured out McVay's scheme, which doesn't bode well for his former acolytes. Hopefully our issues are more personnel related than the are scheme related.

3 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

The honeymoon phase is over for Taylor and it's now time to see what he's made of on offense. So far we've completely underwhelmed. No touchdowns in the first 3 quarters of play over the last few games (I can't find the actual stat). We're just not scoring touchdowns, and you won't win games in this league if you don't.

What worries me most is the NFL seems to have figured out McVay's scheme, which doesn't bode well for his former acolytes. Hopefully our issues are more personnel related than the are scheme related.

There are some personnel issues with both the Rams and Bengals.  Both olines are playing horribly, and neither team has a QB that can create outside of the system.  

Put it this way - if either team had a guy like Mahomes, Watson or Rodgers, they might still be struggling, but not anywhere near as badly.

Just goes to show there's no perfect system in the NFL.  You still have to have the personnel to execute it.