Succession - *spoiler warning from ET + Ty*

Ty21

• 8 months later...
Just now, Ty21 said:

Greg from Succession was on the Barstool pizza review episode and didn’t reveal who he was until someone said he sounded like Greg the Egg from succession lol

He totally just plays his real life self in the show 

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Perhaps one of the most underrated characters on the show - Stewy Hosseini. He comes off as a goofy  screwup like Roman, but he's incredibly calculative and isn't playing to make friends. He can create and execute a plan while getting everyone laughing at his quotes, all the while transparently saying "I'm going to ruin you..."

If he ever had a path to the chair, he'd probably wipe out Kendall and Roman with little effort. Shiv would be a formidable opponent, but I doubt she'd be able to withstand his knowledge in leveraging money against her.

Stewy is such a fun character...

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Perhaps one of the most underrated characters on the show - Stewy Hosseini. He comes off as a goofy  screwup like Roman, but he's incredibly calculative and isn't playing to make friends. He can create and execute a plan while getting everyone laughing at his quotes, all the while transparently saying "I'm going to ruin you..."

If he ever had a path to the chair, he'd probably wipe out Kendall and Roman with little effort. Shiv would be a formidable opponent, but I doubt she'd be able to withstand his knowledge in leveraging money against her.

Stewy is such a fun character...

Stewy and Kendall were kinda fun-having wildcards before they existed in what we’ve seen in the show so Kendall kinda trusts him as his own and that gave stewy his in to manipulate his way to the top/exist in the shadows like Petyr Baelish (GoT) but Kendall also being a nothing enabled him to usurp his dad at the end of S2. Super stoked for S3 to start. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Stewy and Kendall were kinda fun-having wildcards before they existed in what we’ve seen in the show so Kendall kinda trusts him as his own and that gave stewy his in to manipulate his way to the top/exist in the shadows like Petyr Baelish (GoT) but Kendall also being a nothing enabled him to usurp his dad at the end of S2. Super stoked for S3 to start. 

Stewy is one of the few characters (perhaps the only character outside of Marcia) who simply isn't intimidated by Logan - when they were partners/Stewy's VC funded Waystar/Royco, he told Logan that people straight up hated him. As enemies in the bear hug, he flat out laughed them off when they came with the offer at the retreat.

I think Kendall can't really get a read on him, which is why when Stewy said "I'm asking you as a friend" Kendall still stuck with his dad. It isn't that Kendall didn't want to stick it to Logan, it's just that Stewy might be a worse partner than the man who created "Boar on the Floor".

The Littlefinger comparison is apt. Chaos is ultimately a ladder for Stewy.

Watch this - Logan tries to unnerve him several times and he laughs it off and turns the conversation on Logan quickly. He didn't blink, he traded barbs with no hesitation and reminded Logan who held the purse strings...

Nobody really talks to Logan like that, it's all reactionary and out of fear. Stewy just smiles and squeezes.

• 2 months later...

@FinneasGage - we get a great birthday present, new season starts on October 17th. 

I just finished my... 3rd watch through? I've lost count. I'm actually going to pick out a few scenes (favorite moments, key moments) and share my thoughts on how the scene played out. Dialogue is good!

@Ty21 -  can you drop a *spoilers* to the title? I'm sure we're going to be talking a lot about what's going on.