Succession - *spoiler warning from ET + Ty*

Ty21

24 minutes ago, SMashMouthMike said:

Better than the Boar on the Floor scene? Idk about that ET.

I think it was/is, and I love me some Boar on the Floor, too. Both scenes above were some master class acting by Jeremy Strong, Sarah Snook and Kieran Culkin, and the supporting parts chipped in by Brian Cox, J. Smith Cameron and Matthew McFadyen was the proverbial cherry on top.

The full range from each one in those scenes above was just... brilliant. That's all I can describe it as, brilliant.

I can’t watch the boar on the floor scene without spitting all over myself. I Still! tear up from uncontrollable laughter. Idk how the actors held it together.

It’s absurd, embarrassing, uncomfortable, suspenseful, illogical, and above all else hysterical.

Edited by SMashMouthMike
  • Like 1

Huh. Wow. 

-the second they headed down the ramp and it showed the employees taking the trash out, I knew Kendall was going to drop the bomb that he killed someone 

-Shiv is the biggest sociopath in the show. During that whole thing she just wanted him to stop talking so she could focus on the bigger issue, even though that should’ve been the bigger issue. Throughout the show she’s only made decisions for herself that benefit only her. 
-I was waiting the whole scene for one of the kids to sit on the ground with Kendall. The body language of it shows the line of business and family, caring about the condition of your clothes and not getting down showed Shiv’s only driving interest being herself and her success, while Roman finally sitting down showed his emotional and empathetic side as he genuinely tried to help his brother in a weak moment by making light hearted jokes to take away the levity. 
-it seemed kinda hinted that tom was the one who sold them out, which would be nice because all the kids do is sit on him. It’d be nice if he finally ****s them back. Wonder if the deal with the devil climb to the top with Greg was to backstab the kids and get in good with Logan. 
-Greg’s never going to stop being my favorite character, whispering in both girl’s ears at the wedding so he can keep laddering around lol. 
-Does the divorce agreement Logan and the mom just refinalized rob the kids of their shares too or just ability to overrule Logan? It kinda seems so, as Logan said something along the lines of making their own fortune and if so, the sale of the company means they lost out on $2B each, if they all got what Kendall was due. 
-I wonder how many more seasons, content the show has planned. If waystar Royco is sold, the show will be nearing its end. I’m hoping for 5-6 total seasons, with maybe more flashbacks to their youth to explain the damage done to each individual kid. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Huh. Wow. 

-the second they headed down the ramp and it showed the employees taking the trash out, I knew Kendall was going to drop the bomb that he killed someone 

-Shiv is the biggest sociopath in the show. During that whole thing she just wanted him to stop talking so she could focus on the bigger issue, even though that should’ve been the bigger issue. Throughout the show she’s only made decisions for herself that benefit only her. 
-I was waiting the whole scene for one of the kids to sit on the ground with Kendall. The body language of it shows the line of business and family, caring about the condition of your clothes and not getting down showed Shiv’s only driving interest being herself and her success, while Roman finally sitting down showed his emotional and empathetic side as he genuinely tried to help his brother in a weak moment by making light hearted jokes to take away the levity. 
-it seemed kinda hinted that tom was the one who sold them out, which would be nice because all the kids do is sit on him. It’d be nice if he finally ****s them back. Wonder if the deal with the devil climb to the top with Greg was to backstab the kids and get in good with Logan. 
-Greg’s never going to stop being my favorite character, whispering in both girl’s ears at the wedding so he can keep laddering around lol. 
-Does the divorce agreement Logan and the mom just refinalized rob the kids of their shares too or just ability to overrule Logan? It kinda seems so, as Logan said something along the lines of making their own fortune and if so, the sale of the company means they lost out on $2B each, if they all got what Kendall was due. 
-I wonder how many more seasons, content the show has planned. If waystar Royco is sold, the show will be nearing its end. I’m hoping for 5-6 total seasons, with maybe more flashbacks to their youth to explain the damage done to each individual kid. 

Yeah I think it robs them of both their(kids) shares and the ability to overrule Logan. Although, it wasn’t explained clearly, I believe Logan as the chairmen selling his shares to Gojo makes the Skarsguard guy the chairmen of the board. 

I’m also guessing that the divorce agreement gives their mom’s shares to either Logan, or her new husband.  So there is nothing for the kids to inherit I guess? Might be wrong. Maybe they have shares of their own that supersede Logan’s when combined, but not with the divorce agreement, because of her shares going to Logan, since she remarried this new rich guy. Idk

Edited by SMashMouthMike

3 hours ago, SMashMouthMike said:

It’s absurd, embarrassing, uncomfortable, suspenseful, illogical, and above all else hysterical.

...and effective.

Logan wanted to know who spiked the Pierce deal and who was against the move, and he got what he wanted.

Scary to think what a room full of millionaires will do for the billionaire that got 'em rich.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

the second they headed down the ramp and it showed the employees taking the trash out, I knew Kendall was going to drop the bomb that he killed someone 

I felt we were reaching the moment of truth for Kendall, he had been slipping and slipping through the entire season.

Then, something interesting happened: Kendall finally confessed, both the siblings reminded him he was loved/people make mistakes... and Kendall found his killer instinct again. That guy plotting in the van was the same guy who killed Vaulter, the same guy who fought against Eavis in the congressional hearing, the same guy who had the courage to call for the vote of no confidence.

When his head is in the game, Kendall is a force to be reckoned with - even Logan understands this.

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Shiv is the biggest sociopath in the show. During that whole thing she just wanted him to stop talking so she could focus on the bigger issue, even though that should’ve been the bigger issue. Throughout the show she’s only made decisions for herself that benefit only her. 

I don't disagree for the most part, but I also think Shiv is her mom's daughter - it isn't that she didn't care, she just doesn't know HOW to care outwardly. Kendall had a moment like this before (S2 I think) and she sort of did the same thing - a bit of a half hug, but you can see some level of emotion on her face, the closest she could muster as empathy for another person.

It's Caroline... which COULD be sociopathic.

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I was waiting the whole scene for one of the kids to sit on the ground with Kendall. The body language of it shows the line of business and family, caring about the condition of your clothes and not getting down showed Shiv’s only driving interest being herself and her success, while Roman finally sitting down showed his emotional and empathetic side as he genuinely tried to help his brother in a weak moment by making light hearted jokes to take away the levity. 

That was such a great moment for Rome - it's exactly how he'd handle such a serious bit of news, downplay it and bring brevity to the situation. Kieran Culkin hit everything this season, he needs to win a Best Supporting Actor Emmy. You hated him, you loved him, you cringed on his behalf and you even teared up when he was desperately pleading to save him from what was coming next.

I was mostly bothered because how dirty their slacks got. Those were at least $10,000 slacks. Getting those dirty made me angry.

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

it seemed kinda hinted that tom was the one who sold them out, which would be nice because all the kids do is sit on him. It’d be nice if he finally ****s them back. Wonder if the deal with the devil climb to the top with Greg was to backstab the kids and get in good with Logan. 

Oh, I'm saying it's 95% Tom - with another 5% nod to Connor, who has his Fredo "I was passed over!" outburst earlier in the show. Heck, it could have been both. He's the only sibling who had no claim to supermajority because he's not Caroline's kid, y'know?

I was a bit shocked that Tom would do this, but... as I thought about it, I saw that the show has pretty much been setting this up since Ep1. Tom was so enamored by Logan, so desperate to win his favor. Combine that with the deteriorating marriage to Shiv, you saw this move coming from several miles away (remember, when Logan was deciding who would get CEO, Tom actually DIDN'T promote Shiv - after talking TO Shiv about it).

Tom has been waiting to do this, and now he's playing the "Ohes no, what do we do now..." card. Shiv saw right through it, the look she gave him as he walked into the room? The audible gasp she let out when she tried to play it out without letting Tom know that she knew? The look she had when he touched her, the "Don't you DARE touch me" icy glare she threw out when Tom embraced her? 

Yeah...  Sarah Snook for Best Supporting Actress.

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Greg’s never going to stop being my favorite character, whispering in both girl’s ears at the wedding so he can keep laddering around lol. 

He's gonna end up as King and High Duke of Europe, ain't he? 

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Does the divorce agreement Logan and the mom just refinalized rob the kids of their shares too or just ability to overrule Logan? It kinda seems so, as Logan said something along the lines of making their own fortune and if so, the sale of the company means they lost out on $2B each, if they all got what Kendall was due. 

So, here's what I know from a similar "merger of equals" I've been a part of...

- Shares are generally non-transferable without some sort of order, and given the Roy kids are all over the age of 18, they should have full custodial ownership of the shares. No divorce order can take that away; Had they been 17, maybe you can make the case that they could, but the shares are theirs in perpetuity. What Caroline signed off on was the supermajority veto power, which is uncommon for a voting bloc; That was her contingency, and she has the power to revoke the veto order.

- Now... what WILL happen is that those shares of Waystar Royco will convert to shares of Gojo at an applicable rate (one share of WayRo is equal to .5 shares of Gojo, for example). The shares allotted to each kid has reduced, but the dollar value remains the same...

- ...unless Logan and Lukas decide to dilute the shares. That's when an organization puts out a ridiculous amount of shares, which is distributed equally to everyone but Rome/Kendall/Shiv. So, more shares equal lower price, but those in the inner circle aren't impacted, because they get enough shares to keep their wealth. Kendall, Shiv and Roman? They don't have as many shares any more, the shares are worth less than pre-merger value, and they don't get any more shares. I think that's definitely in play. (Zuckerberg did this to his original partner in that Facebook movie).

Could also feel all the oxygen leave the room when Logan invited him inside, when they walked in you could just feel their mission was doomed. They looked like unconfident kids but at least they remained strong and together in their own demise. 

One heartbreaking aspect of the final scene? We know Logan would cut his kids at the knees, and we figured Caroline would also keep the kids hanging - but people who we considered loyal to the kids turned hard on em:

- Shiv and Tom? We've covered that, it was more about when than if. They're done, forever.

- Roman pleaded with Gerri and she basically said "what about mine?" and proceeded to cut his hands off..

- Kendall saved Frank too many times to count. When Frank had the opportunity to return the favor, he didn't even look up and address Kendall.

The kids are truly alone now. They have no allies. Maybe Naomi can help Kendall, maybe Nate can take Shiv back, maybe Roman can get with one of his girlfriends, maybe Stewy comes riding in with a team of Furness lawyers (he won't because he follows the money) but nobody of consequence is on their side anymore.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ET80 said:

One heartbreaking aspect of the final scene? We know Logan would cut his kids at the knees, and we figured Caroline would also keep the kids hanging - but people who we considered loyal to the kids turned hard on em:

It is Game of Thrones esque: the only loyalty belongs with the person you fear the most. Let’s just hope Tom’s arc ends with him in power but independent, rather than him holding Shiv as the ceiling falls on them. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

It is Game of Thrones esque: the only loyalty belongs with the person you fear the most. Let’s just hope Tom’s arc ends with him in power but independent, rather than him holding Shiv as the ceiling falls on them. 

Logan is basically Tywin Lannister...

Side note: Brian Cox would have been great in GoT. 

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

Logan is basically Tywin Lannister...

Side note: Brian Cox would have been great in GoT. 

This is Brian Cox’s best role ever. His rough, gruff “**** off” old tyrant character is one of my favorite characters ever. 

• Like 2