Succession - *spoiler warning from ET + Ty*

Ty21

On 4/3/2020 at 1:01 AM, Malfatron said:
On 10/15/2019 at 2:27 PM, Tyty said:

Why tf aren’t any of you talking about this show lol

On 10/15/2019 at 2:27 PM, Tyty said:

bland premise. 

well, i was wrong.

i love this show and i cant wait for my break so i can finish this and read anymore of the thread

• Like 2

On 10/16/2019 at 11:42 AM, ET80 said:

I had a "will he/won't he" moment... but the minute Logan said "You're not a killer" when telling Ken why he was the choice? Right then, I knew Ken was going to go for it.

At the very end, you saw Logan smile a bit - almost like "hmm, the kid has that edge...he IS a killer..."

I feel like this show sets itself up with small moments better than GoT did. There is no filler, it’s all building to a certain culmination. 

• Like 3

On 12/14/2021 at 8:33 AM, Ty21 said:

I feel like this show sets itself up with small moments better than GoT did. There is no filler, it’s all building to a certain culmination. 

Tom has pretty much been building up since S1, and the continued pushing, pushing, pushing - he finally reacted with an equal push. Shiv looked at him with an ocean of hatred and malice, but she created the monster in front of her.

I know it's not a checkmate - because there's always a very well thought out detour that brings everything back to center - but goodness, Tom is now the alpha male next to Logan, and is primed to be the face repping Logan during this merger/buyout.

Sarah Snook Reaction GIF by SuccessionHBO

• Like 3

On 12/16/2021 at 12:48 PM, RuskieTitan said:

I remember watching season 1 when it first came out and enjoyed it. May have to rewatch and keep watching given the hype i've heard.

On my goodness, YES! The show only got better with S2 and S3! So much better!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2021 at 10:31 AM, ET80 said:

- I get the feeling that Gerri likes Roman, but she's not afraid to use him as body armor if needed. 

Nailed it.

- Tom and Shiv are done. He's saying what he has to say to keep his ear close to the action, but as soon as this is done, he's leaving her.

Nailed it.

So, Logan kicks whatever he loves, and Shiv comes crawling back every time she's kicked. Tom just kicked the hell out of her; Is she coming back? 

- Tom needs to take notes from Marcia if he leaves.

Marcia might need to take notes from Tom, it seems.

Last thoughts/predictions before we move on to the long lead up to Season 4:

- Logan wins... but at what cost? Well, my question is this: How much power does one have when you take their hammer from them and pay 'em a few billion? There were plenty of billionaires at the Republican meet and greet, but only one owner of ATN, and the owner of ATN ruled the roost. Does Logan still hold that influence once he's not the chairman/CEO?

- Kendall was floating out in the ether since his S2 play, never really capitalizing on the play itself and sort of growing stagnant... until he broke down to nothing. Once he spoke his truth? He started to wake up, started to find the edge that made him the favored son. While Shiv was looking for the mole and Rome was melting down? Ken was quiet, taking in the situation and processing information. It may not be obvious, but he's figuring out what resources he's got at his disposal and planning out his next steps, which is going to be what saves the Roy kiddos.

- I hinted at this earlier; does Shiv fall for Tom after he demonstrates a Logan-esque side?

- For the first time, Roman is on unsure ground. He's not the type to respond well to adversity, how does he respond?

- Tomlette and the Gregweiler; Do they get the assistance that only the President of the United States and his Con-heads can provide?

- How does Stewy/Sandi/Sandy respond to a board that's controlled by Lukas Mattison? 

So many questions, but so much covered. This show is a stick of dynamite, you need to take cover from the blowup.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

Nailed it.

Were you feeling like you haven’t tooted your horn enough in a while? 

I’m glad Kendall came out of his funk. I do wonder if Tom keeps on his path of he’ll just revert back to lapdog since every season seems to reset a bit on what the season’s culmination establishes. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I’m glad Kendall came out of his funk. I do wonder if Tom keeps on his path of he’ll just revert back to lapdog since every season seems to reset a bit on what the season’s culmination establishes. 

Hes still a lapdog. Just picked a different lap

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Always, yeah.

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I do wonder if Tom keeps on his path of he’ll just revert back to lapdog since every season seems to reset a bit on what the season’s culmination establishes. 

I think he'll revert, simply because Logan will find a way to riducule him back to his original state. 

That's Logan's MO - he pumps up people around him (his kids, Gerri, Frank, Karl) then they miss the mark on something - and he uses that as his rational to kick them, and he knows they'll come back.

Logan never thought much of Tom to begin with - he was "fathoms below" Shiv (if you remember S1 and the therapy session) and Logan "didn't think he had it in him" when Greg talked about the toxic culture Tom fosters at ATN, right before the Bachelor party. Hell... Tom was the one Boar on the Floor who didn't get a sausage, you're basically dead to Logan at that stage.

Those opinions don't really change, even though Tom picked his side correctly...