Succession - *spoiler warning from ET + Ty*

Ty21

11 hours ago, Malfatron said:
11 hours ago, ET80 said:

It was an underline.

Nope. That would be superfluous. And ken knows it

Yeah, after looking at it on his phone... It's a cross out. And deep down... Kendall has no plans on selling.

In the pilot episode, he suggested him as CEO and both Roman/Shiv reporting up to him (Roman immediately knocked it down). Ken tried a second time after he exposed Logan as involved in the cruises scandal - both siblings shot him down, and he more or less insulted them out the door. I have a feeling that this iteration of Kendall isn’t going to ask this time - these are his terms, Rome and Shiv jump in or get out. Rome might stick around, but Shiv isn’t one to join in.

Also - Shivy is preggers with Tom’s baby. I don’t think she’ll tell him, ever. She’ll tell him he’s not the father and raise the kid on her own.

Spoiler

•there’s so much to digest from this episode after the last one. 

•the opening theme song hit differently after Logan Roy’s death. The clips from the last made me miss his character and want a prequel show of him being a titan but I hope it never happens. Brian Cox made Logan Roy and Logan Roy’s pats totally believable by himself. 

•Succession is another word for “a game of thrones”. It’s a fight tooth and nail now for each underqualified candidate to try to sit on the throne 

•the Roy kids only significant value was working as a team and the only chance they had of fulfilling that is if Frank and Karl did indeed throw that paper away. The second Kendall saw that, he reverted back to the same toxic Kendall of old. 

•It’s so hard to try to like Shiv. Her personality is just greed and envy. And it all just feels like she’s playing a part. That she could be happy backing off and just being with Tom but just remains the most obnoxious and belligerent idiot of the Roy kids. I hope the final episodes give her the redemption I’ve been hoping for for her character. 

•I genuinely think Roman in charge is the best possible move. He’s grown a ton since the early seasons when he was too immature for the job. But he’s emotionally intelligent, cares about people even behind the sarcasm schtick, and has an underdog mentality where he wants to prove himself. Seems to understand the business but, as Logan referenced before, you have to be a killer and with how Roman was with Gerry, he is not a killer. But no one vying for top dog is.

•Kendall is hitching his saddle to Hugo, who’s about to go down with his daughter for insider trading, and he’s doing it in a behind-your-back way that will create a divide between him and Roman. The more you want the Roy kids to succeed Logan, the more they show they don’t deserve it 

•it was hilarious when the gaggle of schmucks (Gerri, Frank, Karl, Tom) talk about whether they’d be a good move. Their only value is doing what a competent person tells them to do. 

•Greg the Egg with the quote of the day: “rats scurrying up the stairs”. That’s all anyone there is. Everyone wanting their hand in the cookie jar and pretending otherwise. Outside of Greg. He wants to profit off it like everyone else but isn’t hiding from it. Probably because his grandfather wrote him out of his Will so this is all he has now 

•I’m confused about Marcia’s standing with inheritance from Logan’s death. They were pretty clearly separated, but wasn’t she said to be a significant beneficiary in earlier seasons? What does it mean if she and Logan weren’t together anymore? I feel like she was just with him for his money 

•Tom mentioned Logan digging his phone out of a clogged toilet, Frank hinted at knowing what Roman’s last call to Logan was. Does that mean Roman did actually indirectly kill Logan? 

•it’s still a tremendous show of vanity and ego that everything in this episode happened despite the ceo/coo role being interim just to sell the company asap lol. 

48 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Kendall has no plans on selling.

But it’ll be disguised by the cheaper buyout offer by Gojo after the death tanked their value

49 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Rome might stick around, but Shiv isn’t one to join in.

Shiv is more likely to try to burn him down. But I hope she just decides to bail on the pursuit and settle down. 

50 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Also - Shivy is preggers with Tom’s baby. I don’t think she’ll tell him, ever. She’ll tell him he’s not the father and raise the kid on her own.

I assumed she was never going to tell him she’s pregnant until he notices she’s noticeably pregnant. When would she and Tom have hooked up though? 

The kids always wondered how their dad felt about them and if he really cared about them as individuals. The underline/strike through debacle is a perfect last piece of uncertainty for Kendall from Logan lol. Although to me I don’t see how it could be anything but strike through based on context. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I assumed she was never going to tell him she’s pregnant until he notices she’s noticeably pregnant. When would she and Tom have hooked up though? 

Was kinda wondering the same thing. Definitely thought they would leave it more open that it COULD be someone else's baby, especially with their open relationship. 

9 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Was kinda wondering the same thing. Definitely thought they would leave it more open that it COULD be someone else's baby, especially with their open relationship. 

Unless I missed something, shouldn’t it be someone else’s kid? Unless the time frame from Tom’s betrayal to now is like a few weeks. I can’t see her hooking up with him after last season’s finale 

Just now, Ty21 said:

Unless I missed something, shouldn’t it be someone else’s kid? Unless the time frame from Tom’s betrayal to now is like a few weeks. I can’t see her hooking up with him after last season’s finale 

Not sure where she is exactly, right? Her NEXT check up was 20 weeks I think? Anyone know the normal routine for how often you go? Is she at 12?

Not sure they told us how much time has passed since the finale either, but anyone feel free to correct me if so.

The scene of them in the bed where he asked her if she wanted to sleep together kinda made me feel like maybe they still had been intimate at times. 

18 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Not sure where she is exactly, right? Her NEXT check up was 20 weeks I think? Anyone know the normal routine for how often you go? Is she at 12?

They’re every 4 weeks or so so she’d be around 16 weeks. 

18 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

The scene of them in the bed where he asked her if she wanted to sleep together kinda made me feel like maybe they still had been intimate at times. 

To me it meant they’d grown totally apart and he suggested it to see if there was any spark. Maybe they ended up sleeping together then after all 

Edited by Ty21
  • Like 1