Succession - *spoiler warning from ET + Ty*

Ty21

7 hours ago, D82 said:

These people are all awful. 

yes, yes they are... sort of the point of the show, that they don't deserve the riches they'll presumably receive.

i thought the latest episode was the worst written one yet. sorry.

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

yes, yes they are... sort of the point of the show, that they don't deserve the riches they'll presumably receive.

i thought the latest episode was the worst written one yet. sorry.

Learned who they're based off of and it all makes sense. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, D82 said:

Midway through second episode…does this show actually get good? These people are all awful. 

You need to give it 5 episodes to see if you warm up to what its doing.

The show does get better as it goes, and i think by the 5th episode i was sold

• Like 1

Spoiler

The Matteson/Kendall showdown towards the end was another tense moment - both know the other is hiding a massive time bomb, and the first one to blink is the first one to blow up. Kendall is calling in his master of sweaty spaghetti to reinforce his position, while Roman is wondering if Geri is going to blow up on him. Meanwhile, Con should take the Oman offer… but he won’t.

At first I had Matteson pegged to be Zuckerberg, but it’s getting pretty clear he’s Elon.

I don’t know when it happened, but the general public is finally in on this show. I’ve been in since the first episode’s release and for years I was just hoping it would get by enough to get renewed another season. I remember when Greg appeared randomly on barstool’s pizza show and I was impressed then that Portnoy watched the show. Now I’m seeing cringey posts by dumb people referring to Kendall as “babygirl” and articles with his 10 best outfits. I kinda miss the days before the buffoons flocked but I guess at least we got to see the show to its finale. 

• Like 2

Didn’t post my thoughts on the episode because there’s a lot to unpack in it.

first off, let out an audible ‘oof’ when Tom asked Shiv if it was a tactic when she told him she was pregnant. It was pretty horrendous timing with all the other times she could’ve done it. An article I read postulated she might’ve done it to see if it would send him over the edge and overwhelm him but he didn’t seem to care. 
Roman is a considerable weakness in power. He’s blind firing based on what he thinks his dad would do but he’s clueless. 
Kendall had the chance to pick the right guy and is visibly torn listening to Mencken’s immediate racist/Trump-ish rant on tv. His traversal between vulnerable, compassionate sibling to burning Shiv to the ground after finding out she’s Fredo was impressive. I’m excited to see more of their dynamic but I assume Gojo isn’t terribly likely to go through and never was. 
Connor “Can I hit you for a lil $100 mill” Roy’s obnoxious run for president is finally over lol. 

The scenes of forced cocaine usage was full Tom-Greg. They’re trying to fit in these last few moments before it’s over. And then the three stooges skit where a guy gets wasabi in his eyes and Greg tries to rinse it with Lacroix because the lemon in it isn’t an aggressively lemon flavor lol. 

• Like 3

One last post before I leave you alone. I watched a video that touched on the show’s camera work and it’s something that I think might be in our subconscious but didn’t really come to me until it was mentioned. But a lot of the magic of the show is in the camera work. It’s a work of art, especially the Logan dies episode. The constant motion, placement of the camera to either make you feel like an invisible side character up in the action or to paint a scene are all magical. So much work goes into making even the small things flow (like moving Kendall and Roman apart so they could be seen totally behind Shiv, who’s standing in front, and then in a different angle showing them shoulder to shoulder to hunt at their united front. We’re really lucky this show ran its entire course before the writers strike. 

• Like 2

Spoiler

This gave me some sort of hope for the family - Shiv tells the brothers what an *** Tom is, both brothers agree (and I think one jokingly offers to kill him) Tom makes a bit of a remark and Kendall immediately goes into big brother mode and gets his sisters’ back.

It all went down the toilet with Shiv’s foolish audible to Nate… and Kendall now has his deal with a devil, literally at the cost of his kids’ fear.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I think this has been a disaster season for Greg. I was never a fan of the character (I know everyone else is), but I feel like he's been pretty useless this season for the most part. 

He’s set himself up pretty well even if Waystar moves on from him as the fire people guy and right hand of the head of ATN. Resume is looking nicer. He just can’t use a dumb Greg line like “some would say I not be that way?” in his next job interview. 

43 minutes ago, ET80 said:
  Hide contents

This gave me some sort of hope for the family - Shiv tells the brothers what an *** Tom is, both brothers agree (and I think one jokingly offers to kill him) Tom makes a bit of a remark and Kendall immediately goes into big brother mode and gets his sisters’ back.

It all went down the toilet with Shiv’s foolish audible to Nate… and Kendall now has his deal with a devil, literally at the cost of his kids’ fear.

Spoiler

This is actually in Kendall’s nature, too: