Succession - *spoiler warning from ET + Ty*

Ty21

9 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

I don’t get that line of thinking, Mattson controls everything, he made sure to cut her out and to pretty much tell Tom that she isn’t to be involved, with which Tom happily agreed. At least with her brothers she kinda sorta had a psychological/emotional edge sometimes…with the new Tom and Mattson, she’s got nothing. she’s Tom’s lapdog now, she has become her mother that she despises and finds pathetic.

This ^

The Shiv plot twist doesnt actually make sense IMO. She's frozen herself (and her brothers) out. If it wasnt for the "professional" connection, I'd think the first thing she'd do is finalize her intention to divorce Tom. I mean, whats to be salvaged between these two?

"Lets stay together for the sake of the kid we never really wanted to have together?" That's quite a loving bond. I'm sure it will sustain them.......

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

Tom telling Shiv before the vote it’s him that’s getting CEO…unnecessary and careless.

But it's consistent with their relationship. If you didnt know thru the story that these two are actually married, you'd think they're mortal enemies. They did little to disprove their hatred for each other. Quite the married couple.

Tom telling Shiv she wasnt gonna be the one - but instead it would be him - is consistent with their relationship. They constantly threw crap in each others faces and there was no way he wasnt gonna crow about his crowning glory - mostly because it was at her expense.

Also, dont forget that it was Tom's tip to Shiv that he'd been hanging with Naomi Pierce that put the Roy kids on to the whole "buy Pierce angle" that wound up undercutting their Dad. He didnt need to tell her about that either......but he did cause it's how they related.

Edited by Leader

•Colin is employed by Kendall to follow him around as his protection, but mostly to protect him from himself 

•Tom fessing up that the ‘other guy’ was him to Shiv is why Tom got the job. How she found out wasn’t Tom’s fault, so he blackmailed himself into a promotion. If Shiv thought Kevin from Valter or whatever was the guy, I sincerely doubt she switches off her brothers. 
•Wonder if Greg makes that move if he knew Tom was the guy. All he knew at that point was that it wasn’t shiv. But at least the worst he could do for himself was be Tom’s punching bag. The Swedish translator could’ve been a golden move for him if it had worked out. But all in all a meteoric rise from the guy puking in mascot helmets at a theme park. 
•if I got screwed out of the thing I’d wanted my whole life and all I got in return was $2 billion, idk if I’d complain. 
•Some of the magic of the show was mystery, but I wish it touched more on why Conner was how he was and what happened to Roman to become a masochist and broken person. Surely it can’t just be Kendall’s physical abuse

•if there was an s5, would they have given the position to Kendall and explored in s5 why he didn’t deserve it?

•Connor was Logan’s favorite kid and it was because he didn’t have to worry about Connor scheming. He wanted nothing more than to just hang around 

•Mattson wouldn’t have been able to control Shiv at all. If he told her to do something, there’s a chance she still would’ve tried to do things her way and figure out the recourse after. When Mattson told Tom he wanted to **** his wife, he was more testing Tom to see if he could manipulate him and control the narrative. That was the only statement and response that mattered in the “job interview” 

•Someone mentioned Kendall being out of the water looking at it is a metaphor for Kendall being out of the business. 
•the most difficult part about the final meeting of the 3 siblings during the vote is that there was still a path to victory for Kendall if he said the right things imo. He played it horribly and ****ed himself. 
•”They didn’t show Kendall’s suicide on screen because Jeremy Strong would’ve actually killed himself” lol

•Neither of the kids being Kendall’s kids makes his neglect slightly more palatable. His daughter was adopted and his son was “the filing cabinet guy” either infers rava cheated (don’t think so) or sperm donor (more likely). Him not being able to have a real attachment to kids that aren’t of him makes sense. But the self loathing he and Roman both have, maybe having kids in their own image wouldn’t be a good thing. 

• Like 3

Man this show and this season just put out banger after banger. It's incredible that there was, in my opinion, never a dip in quality for 4 straight seasons, from start to finish. I'm also really happy that Karolina and Jerri survived - those 2 are the DEFINITION of baddies. Huge congrats as well to Gregg for somehow still surviving, and my deepest condolences to Peter's cheese :( 

Logan's death episode will always be the one that sticks with me the most just because of the pure emotional toll it took on me watching it and having to re-live my own personal experiences, but I think my favorite dynamic of the show was Tom and Greg. So many great one-liners from those guys.

Overall, man, this might be a top 3 show for me between this, Barry (pending the ending of this show, which I won't see until later tonight), and Band of Brothers. I'm truly going to miss this show.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

Extremely talented writers/actors to be able to legit make every single character in the show unlikeable….there is legitimately not a single redeemable person that show.

I get that you're talking about main characters, but Karolina, Jerri, and Jess are all extremely likeable characters in the show.

But you are right, the show was designed where NONE of the main characters are likeable, and by the end I feel like most of us had the most sympathy towards Roman, who seems to be the worst of them all and that includes Kendall, who literally killed a kid and covered it up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Man this show and this season just put out banger after banger. It's incredible that there was, in my opinion, never a dip in quality for 4 straight seasons, from start to finish. I'm also really happy that Karolina and Jerri survived - those 2 are the DEFINITION of baddies. Huge congrats as well to Gregg for somehow still surviving, and my deepest condolences to Peter's cheese :( 

Logan's death episode will always be the one that sticks with me the most just because of the pure emotional toll it took on me watching it and having to re-live my own personal experiences, but I think my favorite dynamic of the show was Tom and Greg. So many great one-liners from those guys.

Overall, man, this might be a top 3 show for me between this, Barry (pending the ending of this show, which I won't see until later tonight), and Band of Brothers. I'm truly going to miss this show.

Yeah seeing the season finale of succession and barry in the same night is bitter sweet. End of an era

At least i have I Think You Should Leave to get me through the next couple days

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

But you are right, the show was designed where NONE of the main characters are likeable, and by the end I feel like most of us had the most sympathy towards Roman, who seems to be the worst of them all and that includes Kendall, who literally killed a kid and covered it up.

The fact that they are all likeable to me shows how well this was acted and written

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

The fact that they are all likeable to me shows how well this was acted and written

No one dimensional characters. It’s still a question mark a few of the plot lines like was Shiv backpedaling with Tom for the baby, to get him under her thumb again, or was she genuinely wanting to reconcile? 

Just now, Ty21 said:

No one dimensional characters. It’s still a question mark a few of the plot lines like was Shiv backpedaling with Tom for the baby, to get him under her thumb again, or was she genuinely wanting to reconcile? 

I kinda feel the latter, albiet slightly.

At the very least, she wanted to know where he stood