Succession - *spoiler warning from ET + Ty*

Ty21

34 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

For all the things that might’ve been predictable, the power shift in Tom-Shiv’s dynamic was dramatic. He’s cold to her now and she’s kinda stuck with him. He is Waystar more than she is now. 

I felt the opposite

He put his hand out and she grasped it tepidly

And lol greg

3 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

I felt the opposite

He put his hand out and she grasped it tepidly

And lol greg

I took that as him saying I own you and her hesitantly accepting it. She essentially at the end chose him to reign over her brothers though. 

• Like 1

Extremely talented writers/actors to be able to legit make every single character in the show unlikeable….there is legitimately not a single redeemable person that show.

I legit was rooting for no one at the end and somehow still ended up disappointed lol

Edited by Pats#1

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

Extremely talented writers/actors to be able to legit make every single character in the show unlikeable….there is legitimately not a single redeemable person that show lol

What’s your problem with Kendall’s daughter?

• Like 3

Looking back on this last episode….people needed to conveniently make some idiotic (and convenient for entertainment purposes) decisions in order for everything to unfold how it did.

- Mattson telling Tom his grand plan the right before the vote…unnecessary and careless

- Tom telling Shiv before the vote it’s him that’s getting CEO…unnecessary and careless 

- Shiv voting Yes on a deal that completely cuts her out of everything and gives it to the man she hates (Tom)…makes absolutely zero sense

15 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Shiv voting Yes on a deal that completely cuts her out of everything and gives it to the man she hates (Tom)…makes absolutely zero sense

Cuts her out of what? She made bank off the sale, right? Is the path to a higher position in the company easier through her husband or through her brother?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Cuts her out of what? She made bank off the sale, right? Is the path to a higher position in the company easier through her husband or through her brother?

Money means very little compared to power….that entire world will always be set financially, so it’s not even a real conversation for them.

Tom has continuously pushed her away more and more and become colder, he’s practically shut her out, and even if that wasn’t the case, Tom isn’t running the show, the guy that deliberately stabbed her in the back and chose over her is.

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

I vote yes on  this post

I don’t get that line of thinking, Mattson controls everything, he made sure to cut her out and to pretty much tell Tom that she isn’t to be involved, with which Tom happily agreed.

At least with her brothers she kinda sorta had a psychological/emotional edge sometimes…with the new Tom and Mattson, she’s got nothing.

she’s Tom’s lapdog now, she has become her mother that she despises and finds pathetic.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

I don’t get that line of thinking, Mattson controls everything, he made sure to cut her out and to pretty much tell Tom that she isn’t to be involved, with which Tom happily agreed.

At least with her brothers she kinda sorta had a psychological/emotional edge sometimes…with the new Tom and Mattson, she’s got nothing.

she’s Tom’s lapdog now, she has become her mother that she despises and finds pathetic.

She can get that though