Succession - *spoiler warning from ET + Ty*

Ty21

Gonna be a weird post. Your mind does a weird thing when you think you’re gonna die. I currently don’t think I’m dying although it’s in the cards for the next 5 years based on lung transplant success rates. But when I thought I was dying in the fall, one of my biggest concerns is I wouldn’t see how this show ended up. I had the same concern before the Game of thrones and the new Star Wars trilogy endings, although I kinda wish I had died before those. But the show ends now in about 7 hours and it’s very bittersweet. I am an HBO fanboy and Succession is one of the many HBO shows I’ve watched from the same day the first episode released and it’s been maybe the most satisfying to watch. So many years of being worried the limited fanbase would get the show cancelled before it saw the end. But they got to make it how they saw fit and got it all the way to the end. I’m both excited for the finale here and remiss that it’ll be over. 

• Like 3

Spoiler

The show was a highlight reel of why the kids shouldn’t get it. Tom being the guy makes it feel like it stays in the family and makes a rewatch change your focus. Tom’s biggest thing was money, power, and success and he got it in the end. Good, good ending. I thought every water scene was foreshadowing a Kendall death. Finally a good ending for a great show. 

• Like 1

On 5/23/2023 at 8:19 AM, ET80 said:

The US CEO will be somebody that nobody expects (Geri? Frank? Maybe even …Greg!?)

Ugh. It was right there in front of me the whole time, right idea but wrong name.

For all the things that might’ve been predictable, the power shift in Tom-Shiv’s dynamic was dramatic. He’s cold to her now and she’s kinda stuck with him. He is Waystar more than she is now. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

For all the things that might’ve been predictable, the power shift in Tom-Shiv’s dynamic was dramatic. He’s cold to her now and she’s kinda stuck with him. He is Waystar more than she is now. 

He fits. He just… fits. His demeanor towards Hugo, his initial act with Greg? That’s just a fit for him now.