Succession - *spoiler warning from ET + Ty*

Ty21

21 hours ago, Ty21 said:

The kids always wondered how their dad felt about them and if he really cared about them as individuals. The underline/strike through debacle is a perfect last piece of uncertainty for Kendall from Logan lol. Although to me I don’t see how it could be anything but strike through based on context. 

i loved how they all discussed perhaps it could be swept away by a gust of wind and be flushed down the toilet....

• Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 3:17 PM, ET80 said:

....and Shiv is going to end up pregnant (and it’s not Tom’s baby).

Got that half right, I think. I mean, it's Tom's baby, right? From when she got drunk in Tuscany... the night before Tom (figuratively) screwed her?

On 3/23/2023 at 1:11 PM, ET80 said:

Any predictions? Here’s mine:

- Either Roman or Kendall dies.

Spoiler

I'm sticking with this, btw - Kendall's life is now going to mirror Logan's life:

- Instead of sister Rose, brother Roman will die under tragic circumstances.

- Instead of brother Ewan, sister Shiv will think of Kendall as the antichrist/Adoph Hitler of the modern world. Her efforts post-Waystar Royco will be in stark opposition of Kendall, much like how Ewan's libertarian/green party views flew in the face of Logan's hyper-conservative viewership.

- Much like Ewan, Shiv wouldn't stab Kendall in the back; Ewan could have sided with Kendall during the vote of no confidence, but he decidedly did not. This will manifest against someone soon, perhaps Gojo.,-

- Shiv/Tom's unborn baby will one day grow up to be Kendall's nephew, much like Greg was a great nephew to Logan So... Tom Wamsgams biological progeny will be someone's Greglet. 

Spoiler

So without understanding what can happen, it feels like the deal is going to go through but the Roy boys will get cut out of it? Is that possible or are they guaranteed beneficiaries? 

i assumed if waystar Royco is sold, it’ll be against Kendall’s wishes. 

i agree with @ET80, it’s entirely possible the show ends with another important death  

Spoiler

Roman is the best character in the show. Idk if it was a slow build to this point or if he was always the mvp and I didn’t appreciate it enough. But this season he’s been the guy. His explosion on Mattson was satisfying even if it went against what I wanted them to do. Just suck it up, let Mattson **** you and walk away billionaires. Logan’s death was the death of any sort of civility from Mattson 

Edited by Ty21
  • Like 2

Spoiler

Kinda accidental bullet dodged by killing Hugo in the deal since he has an insider trading fraud case looming over him unbeknownst to anyone else 

Spoiler

Any chance of Kendall playing nice ended with the episode intro of him listening to rap in the ride up like he did in the first season lol. Did get a genuine moment when he went up to the office and paused when he caught sight of his dad’s desk 

Spoiler

I’m gonna have to go back and watch who took a plate of food and see if there’s a correlation to it and the kill list, or if the kill list was based on the entire experience there. He nailed every firing though  

Edited by Ty21

Spoiler

The way Kendall spoke to Roman when convincing him to help tank the deal gave such Logan vibes. Same with Shiv asking Tom to dinner and then immediately stopping the convo to answer a phone call. Shiv will keep Tom around because Tom will do anything she asks. 

Roman is truly the least like Logan. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ty21 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Kinda accidental bullet dodged by killing Hugo in the deal since he has an insider trading fraud case looming over him unbeknownst to anyone else 

Reveal hidden contents

Any chance of Kendall playing nice ended with the episode intro of him listening to rap in the ride up like he did in the first season lol. Did get a genuine moment when he went up to the office and paused when he caught sight of his dad’s desk 

Hide contents

I’m gonna have to go back and watch who took a plate of food and see if there’s a correlation to it and the kill list, or if the kill list was based on the entire experience there. He nailed every firing though  

Spoiler

The only 2 names NOT on the kill list were people Shiv mentioned to Mattson during their chat. That's the correlation IMO.

Kendall and Roman being so incompetent at their jobs that it forced the only guy more incompetent (Mattson) to overbid out of pure spite and ego is truly something to behold lol like, none of this should've been difficult for anyone. They could've taken the original deal and made billions easily, but they keep trying to be serious business people and it keeps destroying them UNTIL they met someone who's even more unserious than they are!

• Like 3

Spoiler

•this episode made me feel like Logan’s analysis of his kids and not trusting them to take over wasn’t misinformed

•Roman essentially just had a breakdown voicing his insecurities about himself and talked himself into firing the woman for no reason. He’s back to being the old Roman after showing so much recent promise. It’s really been a week to week basis how competent they want to paint the kids: worthy in some episodes, a total joke in others. Then he tries to fire Gerri in the same spiral cause he can’t force her to give him the respect Logan earned. I don’t think it’ll stick 

•Kendall’s launch was well received in the show but was weak to me. Felt like a lot of it was a misguided grief move by Kendall propagated by people wanting to have a billionaire’s lifestyle and advantages. All his overpromising theoretically wouldn’t bite him for a while though  

•Shiv is hovering around being likable. she shows moments of being human and wanting to let herself express emotions and have what she wants and then the cold Logan side breaks through. It was interesting the post credits when the actress said she went for Tom because he was an ***hole to others at work and she was attracted to the possibility of being in power over someone with their own power  

•Mattson’s distraction move was weird and totally failed lol 

•we’re gearing towards the end now. I was thinking I was dreading the end either being bad or ambiguous, which may be worse. I hate ambiguity. But ultimately the end of the show happened when Logan died (even though the show is about succession). This is the aftermath.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Welcome back to another episode of "The kids try to tank a deal that would've made them billionaires and had no obvious flaws but out of their sheer stupidity and ego, they thought they could do better"

I'm seriously just rooting for this entire family to die in a mass shooting at this point. They're all useless.

Also I love Karl.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ET80 said:
  Hide contents

Happy Celebration GIF by SuccessionHBO

Tom Wamsgams after a game of Bitey.

Spoiler

man you just know Shiv is into some FREAKY stuff in the bedroom that Tom hasn't been doing (until now?) if she's willing to just openly play bitey in public like that.

Wouldn't be surprised if her ultimate kink is having a room full of guys doing "boar on the floor" and the winner gets to be pegged or something.