Succession - *spoiler warning from ET + Ty*

Ty21

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

will all the episodes be available at once, or one at a time?

It’s always been a “one at a time” show, it aligns with the standard HBO schedule; I’d imagine it’s going to hit right after The Last of Us is done.

• Like 1

I’m actually proud of myself for remembering exactly where the show is. I’m an absolute liability when it comes to remembering the plot of shows after time off. I can’t finish Ozark or Handmaids Tale cause I don’t remember any of what’s going on. But every little detail of succession is still pretty fresh with me 

• Like 2

On 3/7/2023 at 10:00 AM, iknowcool said:

Love this show but glad this is the final season.  Season 3 was great but you sense (or at least I did) they were getting stuck in a bit of a formula.  

Yep, kinda like Silicon Valley. The more you give hope, crush it, then cycle through it again, the more stale the cycle becomes 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Pretty solid episode.

Tom nailed it today on multiple fronts (comedic, dramatic, ethos, pathos)

Definitely a great start to the end - now it’s truly a face off between the two factions (and Con is definitely going to lose his 1%). 

- Tom was full force this episode, going back and forth between punching down on Greg, finding himself as the favorite son of Logan/object of scorn with Logan and showing genuine feelings for where things with him and Shiv went. 

- TheHundred seems like a good idea (almost like The Athletic… but for everything) but it’s pretty telling that 2/3rds of the group dropped it the minute an object with a backstory showed up. They can say “we love it…” but DO they?

- Roman sort of hit the nail on the head; Shiv has an ulterior motive for going in the new direction, Ken is clearly doing this as an FU to dad, so is HE the voice of reason who is simply trying to start something new… or does he has an ulterior motive as well?

- Greg may have endeared himself to Logan by shagging in a spare bedroom. Bringing a female acquaintance who was taking selfies is just on-brand for Greg.

- Logan is starting to feel… lonely, I guess? That whole exchange with Colin was Logan seeking validation from someone, just a stab in the dark for something. The roasting was another cry for attention, but in Logan fashion… he couldn’t just play along, he fired back as soon as he got it. (Greg lost his bonus points when he went where he went).

- Season 1, ep 1 started exactly where this episode started, in Logan’s loft celebrating a birthday. No family was there so there was no annual softball game (and no Rome tearing up a million dollar check in front of a 12 year old - I never really forgave Roman for that scene, FWIW) but I do think it’s by design that this final season starts like how the show starts, with a Logan Roy birthday.

- Another parallel: Ep 1.1 had Kendall furiously negotiating to buy out and merge Vaulter with Waystar. We know how that ended… will Waystar/Gojo go the same direction (or… in a similar direction)?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ET80 said:

- Another parallel: Ep 1.1 had Kendall furiously negotiating to buy out and merge Vaulter with Waystar. We know how that ended… will Waystar/Gojo go the same direction (or… in a similar direction)?

I feel like it more or less has to, you know? 

• Like 1