Tannehill to start

ttitansfan4life

2 minutes ago, titanrick said:

Are you here, Art?  I just want a shout-out in the postgame presser.  That's all I ask.

Ahh yes that’ll be no problem. 

As a side note, I plan to continue to start Nate Davis. We’re really liking his development so far and what we’ve seen when we’ve reviewed the tape. Making great strides but just need to continue to work and do better each week.

I realize we’ve scored 7 points in the last 10 quarters but the play calling of run, run, pass I’m confident will break through eventually. On the 3rd and long situations we’ve been facing our receivers need to do a better job of creating separation with our 2 man route trees. We’ve specifically designed these plays to have our receivers end up in the same area so when the QB rips it we have 2 able bodies in the area to make the catch. We must continue to work at it, that’s what my father instilled in me anyways.

We also need to do a better job improving upon our ability to spread the defense out with our condensed 3 TE formations, and I will be the first one to admit that. We’ve got to do our jobs better. Pruitt is a weapon we absolutely must utilize better with Jonnu and Delanie on the field. I’m making it a point to get him more involved.

Now that coach Vrabel has decided to go with Tannehill as our starter, I really like the thought of going to the Mariota sweeps you’ve seen us use in the wildcat more often. I think when defenses see Tannehill split out wide, Mariota coming in for the fake, and Henry taking the snap ready to pound it, they’ll never suspect the plan is to let Henry fling it to a STREAKING Darius Jennings. We’ve got a few wrinkles I’m excited to throw in using this personnel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

I'm trying to flip the switch and get hype about Tanny so I won't feel like the season is lost. 

I forgot the dolphins were on Hard knocks his rookie year. Look it up. Can be found on YouTube. 

Gives you some of his personality. 

These six weeks have destroyed me. 2006 VY himself could suit up for us Sunday and I wouldn’t be hype.

• Like 2

I think RT could be a better fit for this horrid scheme. If he's able to make quicker reads and give the players a chance to make a play, maybe it's a good fit. He'll get picked off, he'll get some players hit hard, but it'll also result in potential plays. 

Maybe this offense can do enough to string some wins together. Then he gets hurt again... And we'll see Mariota's last chance to continue being a Titan. Maybe after the benching he feels he's got less to lose and cuts it loose, taking a 5 yard pass instead of trying to make the perfect read and play every time. 

I get that everybody is upset that the Mariota era is coming to an end, but I really don't understand all these takes about Tannehill being complete trash that I've been seeing mostly on Twitter. If we're completely honest with ourselves at this point in time what is Marcus actually better at than Tannehill? Tannehill seems to me just from the eye test to know where he's going with the ball and process what he's seeing a lot faster than Marcus which leads to him getting the ball out quicker. He's had some success with some pretty bad Miami teams. I'm not saying he's our answer or that we're going to magically turn the season around with Ryan at the helm, but these takes about him being a significantly worse QB at this point than Marcus are honestly ridiculous to me. I love Marcus, and I've been one of his biggest supporters from the jump, but there's not a gap between Marcus and Tannehill right now. I get the sadness, the frustration, and even the defeatist attitude a lot of us have, but Tannehill deserves our support going forward.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SerenityNow said:

I get that everybody is upset that the Mariota era is coming to an end, but I really don't understand all these takes about Tannehill being complete trash that I've been seeing mostly on Twitter. If we're completely honest with ourselves at this point in time what is Marcus actually better at than Tannehill? Tannehill seems to me just from the eye test to know where he's going with the ball and process what he's seeing a lot faster than Marcus which leads to him getting the ball out quicker. He's had some success with some pretty bad Miami teams. I'm not saying he's our answer or that we're going to magically turn the season around with Ryan at the helm, but these takes about him being a significantly worse QB at this point than Marcus are honestly ridiculous to me. I love Marcus, and I've been one of his biggest supporters from the jump, but there's not a gap between Marcus and Tannehill right now. I get the sadness, the frustration, and even the defeatist attitude a lot of us have, but Tannehill deserves our support going forward.

tenor.gif?itemid=3961540

1 hour ago, SerenityNow said:

Well said but how dare you not support the golden boy. Don’t you know if you don’t support him it’s a crime? God forbid you support the team over a bad player.