Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

38 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Maybe I'm just bitter and scorned about this, but I'm pretty sure the committee would trip over itself to put a 1 loss Oklahoma in over us. 

Most likely. We're not the "national brand" that they are. Wisconsin fans travel really well though but it'd be more about the TV ratings that Oklahoma would bring in, especially if Ohio State is on the outside looking in after a B1G title loss to us. 

I'd probably be more worried about a 1 loss SEC team getting the bid over us though.

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Most likely. We're not the "national brand" that they are. Wisconsin fans travel really well though but it'd be more about the TV ratings that Oklahoma would bring in, especially if Ohio State is on the outside looking in after a B1G title loss to us. 

I'd probably be more worried about a 1 loss SEC team getting the bid over us though.

Clemson and Oklahoma are both probably going undefeated. Clemson isn't going to play a ranked team before the playoffs this year and Oklahoma will be heavy favorites in the rest of their games.

That looks like it leaves 2 spots for LSU/Bama/Georgia and Wisconsin/OSU/PSU

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Clemson and Oklahoma are both probably going undefeated. Clemson isn't going to play a ranked team before the playoffs this year and Oklahoma will be heavy favorites in the rest of their games.

That looks like it leaves 2 spots for LSU/Bama/Georgia and Wisconsin/OSU/PSU

If Ohio State loses and we're not undefeated, they'll find a way to get two SEC teams in.

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

The 4.8 PPG we’re allowing through 6 games is the least since at least 2000. Wish we didn’t let Michigan get garbage time points on us.

Outside of Northwestern's FG, all our points given up have been garbage time points lol.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

That's my biggest fear. 

If we lose to Ohio State at Ohio State and then beat them in Indy, the committee definitely gives LSU/Georgia the nod. 

Unless it's something like an OT or late FG/TD loss in Columbus and we beat them by 2+ TDs in Indy. That's probably the only scenario.

But all this is moot. 13-0 Minnesota is winning the B1G and getting that spot. @malibuspeedrace

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT

I'm just gonna keep rolling with no expectations this year. It's worked so far.

I thought we’d win 7 or 8 wins... We’re #6 in country with one of most dominant B1G defenses ever and a Heisman contender.

Our RB is pretty good too.

I’m just enjoying it as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I’m just really looking forward to the OSU game. We’ve had some stout Ds before, only to get exposed by OSU and outmatched by their athleticism. Michigan was a good sign, but OSU, as always, is the 1 and only true test.

I'm worried about our corners in that matchup. Gonna need a huge day from our front seven and Burrell+Pearson in order to win that one. I don't trust our CBs to actually be able to stay with their WRs.

@ramssuperbowl99 You been following recruiting at all for us? Not sure how likely it is but this next class might bring in some more bonafide talent at RB. We've already got Nakia Watson and Julius Davis on the roster and Jackson Acker and Loyal Crawford for 2021 but that might not compare to what we could pull. We're apparently close to flipping Mississippi State commit Jo'Quavious Marks and, according to 247's Andrew Ellis, we might steal Kevontre Bradford from Ohio State.

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

@ramssuperbowl99 You been following recruiting at all for us? Not sure how likely it is but this next class might bring in some more bonafide talent at RB. We've already got Nakia Watson and Julius Davis on the roster and Jackson Acker and Loyal Crawford for 2021 but that might not compare to what we could pull. We're apparently close to flipping Mississippi State commit Jo'Quavious Marks and, according to 247's Andrew Ellis, we might steal Kevontre Bradford from Ohio State.

We're basically done I think. Them or Kaden.

58 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

We're basically done I think. Them or Kaden.

Didn't realize we had so few scholarship seniors. Thought we might have room for 20 commits this year but that might be a stretch. Then again, you never know with medical retirements, transfers and early entrees. Figure the only juniors that are gone are Biadasz, Taylor and Cephus. Maybe CVL but I doubt it.