Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

https://theathletic.com/1846875/2020/06/01/wisconsin-football-conversation-joe-rudolph-offensive-coordinator/

Starting OL would be CVL, Josh Seltzner at LG, Kayden Lyles at C, Logan Bruss at RG and Tyler Beach at RT. If Lyles can't go because of the injury that kept him out of the Rose Bowl, the other two competing for C are Cormac Sampson and Joe Tippmann. 

Complete OL DC according to Rudy.

LT: Cole Van Lanen | Logan Brown
LG: Josh Seltzner | Michael Furtney
C: Kayden Lyles | Cormac Sampson or Joe Tippmann
RG: Logan Bruss | Aaron Vopal
RT: Tyler Beach | Logan Brown or Joe Tippmann

Yes, a former TE and a former DE are on our DC for OL.

Edited by beekay414

This is a quote from Rudolph on RG in regards to Jack Nelson, who I projected as a starter in my initial DC.

"Right guard will be competitive. Aaron Vopal. There’s guys. I have no trouble putting Furt in there at right guard as well. And some of these young guys surprised me. Like Jack Nelson. Missing the spring is tough. And Dylan Barrett. Both were in early. I think we will have really good competition for the group. I kind of like that aspect of what we’ve got going. Kind of keep pushing it."

On 5/28/2020 at 4:57 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:
On 5/25/2020 at 6:20 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Still weird since we're going to end up turning away some pretty good OLBs.

#foreshadowing

#evenmoreforeshadowing

14 in the boat. Presumably room for like 20. Regan, Hallman, and Ratzlaff/Karlaftis are all good bets. Rucci obviously is the cherry on top. And then presumably a DT, WR, S, late riser, or any number of potential flip candidates for the last 2 or 3 spots depending on if we get Rucci.

On 5/14/2020 at 2:34 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

His arm is bananas. I don't think he's Mertz good or anything, but it sounds like he's been steadily trimming the baby fat. If he can become more mobile in the pocket, then yeah I think he's in the 90-92 range using the 247 scale.

247 just bumped him to a 90.

• Like 1

70% completions, 2,700 yards, 18 TDs, 5 INTs, 151.8 passer rating

Coan's stats in 2019. Blew my mind, I totally forgot he put up these kind of numbers. Just imagine the kind of production a great QB could have. Coan is very solid, P5 starter material no doubt, and he had a good year... but he's not that good. Between Mertz and now Hill, I really like our chances of seeing great QB play within the next 5 years, which is pretty much essential to CFP success if the past several winners are any indication. I'm guessing PC will stick with Coan in 2020, and maybe he'll take a major step in his game and become a more consistent passer, but without Cephus I don't like those odds. If Mertz somehow wins job from him, I'll be near convinced he's the real deal before he even takes a meaningful snap, considering PC's love of upperclassmen. 

• Like 1