Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

1 minute ago, packerstk7 said:

Honest question: how much can we hold him at fault for what the offense does? Or is this comment related to something more general about him?

And not sold on Leipold anymore?

I'm absolutely sold on Leipold haha. You combine him and Leonhard and we're winning ****.

Just now, beekay414 said:

It's Michigan State lol

Yeah a team that was ranked 15th based on their talent on paper that's had a crap year not unlike us. 

That 4th Q/OT was the best QB play I've seen in college football this year. Don't really care who our coaching staff was, can beat a QB throwing the ball 30 yards down the field into a 6 inch indefensible area.

Still like what I've seen from Leonhard and Engram thus far. 

43 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Welp. Nation wide coaching search please. 

Getting a different coach isn't going to make a difference with the culture at UW.   As long as the team qualifies for a bowl game the athletic department is satisfied.  This school cannot/will not compete with the B1G 10 heavyweights recruiting wise so this kind of mediocre football is what we're stuck with.

5 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Getting a different coach isn't going to make a difference with the culture at UW.   As long as the team qualifies for a bowl game the athletic department is satisfied.  This school cannot/will not compete with the B1G 10 heavyweights recruiting wise so this kind of mediocre football is what we're stuck with.

They just paid a man 20m to leave the program, that completely proves this wrong.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

How can you comment on the recruiting prowess of a staff that's been in place for 2 weeks?

I think his point is that all things considered we can’t recruit the same level of talent due to the academic standards. We will never be able to compete with OSU/UM in terms of raw talent. That hasn’t stopped us from competing with them on the field in past years, though.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah a team that was ranked 15th based on their talent on paper that's had a crap year not unlike us. 

That 4th Q/OT was the best QB play I've seen in college football this year. Don't really care who our coaching staff was, can beat a QB throwing the ball 30 yards down the field into a 6 inch indefensible area.

Still like what I've seen from Leonhard and Engram thus far. 

Preseason ranks mean Jack **** lol. Thorne has looked like **** all year. It's not until he plays our **** DBs that he plays well. 

This program is mediocre at best and needs a complete overhaul. Failure to adapt will leave us looking like Iowa soon. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Preseason ranks mean Jack **** lol. Thorne has looked like **** all year. It's not until he plays our **** DBs that he plays well. 

This program is mediocre at best and needs a complete overhaul. Failure to adapt will leave us looking like Iowa soon. 

We just did a complete overhaul.