Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

Eh, I'm gonna trust the Badgers and Coach Chryst on this one. They have more information than we do and, LIS before, I see this as a "stupidity" suspension more than anything. All reports about Danny Davis is that he's a good kid that comes from a good background and is a really good teammate. Not that it excuses the stupidity of that moment but I can see why PC and UW came to the decision that they did. Again, we don't have all the facts about Danny Davis and his involvement in it all. We don't know when the pictures were taken during that night nor do we even know if he was the one taking the pictures. So, until the facts come out, I'm alright with it. Obviously, like others have said, if more facts come out that he was more involved than let on, he's booted. 

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Seems like they don't want this video presented to the public yet so we won't be able to see for ourselves. If they really have all that video though and it's as described it sounds as though they'll have a good defense.

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

That blood would be from April correct? Why are we still waiting for results?

Yep but every BioA/diagnostic lab on the planet would have a validated method for basic toxicology, including alcohol, validated with at least 4 months sample stability so it might have just come down to when they could run the sample.

Or they might have run it and the prosecution just hasn't released the BAC as part of the complaint.

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Or they might have run it and the prosecution just hasn't released the BAC as part of the complaint.

Why wouldn't they? Just curious. Could it be because it doesn't reflect what they are claiming? Or are there other reasons not to release it?

Edited by beekay414

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Why wouldn't they? Just curious. Could it be because it doesn't reflect what they are claiming? Or are there other reasons not to release it?

Have Cephus devote his defense to that argument, then wait until the last second to drop the hammer?

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Also by the way, Cephus' argument is not going to be that the woman wasn't drunk. It's going to be that they weren't too drunk to consent. 

They could be arguing that if she was able to walk at all, she was able to consent.

Isn't there a law out there that being any type of drunk automatically means no consent? Or is that just a SJW movement (and I don't mean the SJW thing in a negative way)?

Also, if that's what he's going for, I really dislike him for putting us in the position because he wanted to get laid.

Edited by beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

Isn't there a law out there that being any type of drunk automatically means no consent? Or is that just a SJW movement (and I don't mean the SJW thing in a negative way)?

No, the law is that you have be so drunk that you are mentally incapacitated to the point where no reasonable person would think you can consent. It's not 100% black and white, and the cesspools on the internet spread nonsense like being legally intoxicated (0.08 BAC) means you can't consent.

In practice, these are people who passed out/blacked out, vomiting, or completely unable to speak in complete sentences.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

No, the law is that you have be so drunk that you are mentally incapacitated to the point where no reasonable person would think you can consent. It's not 100% black and white, and the cesspools on the internet spread nonsense like being legally intoxicated (0.08 BAC) means you can't consent.

In practice, these are people who passed out/blacked out, vomiting, or completely unable to speak in complete sentences.

Yeah, I figured as much. I've just seen a ton of "drunk = no consent" **** lately is all. Basically, the law is Brock Turner victim level drunk and not "I was lit" drunk.